“It's about time St. Charles got a place like this” 4 of 5 stars

+(1)(636) 277-0202
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prasino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 225 restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American, Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy, Organic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Saint Louis, Missouri
“It's about time St. Charles got a place like this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food great service. Love the atmosphere. Mix drinks are seasonal and use fresh herbs. Beers are mostly local and mostly microbrews. I haven't been able to make it there for happy hour but it looked like they have great prices.
It was nice to be able to dress up to go out in St Charles without looking out of place. We plan on going back soon.

73% Recommend
Peoria, Illinois
“Organic Sustainable Deliciousness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of my best friends and I shared a meal here and they split the check down the middle. We shared the hummus appetizer, fish tacos, lobster roll, cauliflower gratin (MUST TRY SIDE DISH), and sea salt caramel flourless chocolate cake. Don't come here expecting a bargain, but come here expecting to find an exceptional wine list, a sizable drink menu, and plenty sharable options. Bon appetit!

Visited September 2013
“Get the Prasino Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Another reviewer said that it was "pricey ($13-16) for lunch". As there are items on the menu that are between $13 and $16 there are also many other options that are cheaper, but for the FABULOUSNESS of the dishes, it's worth every penny.

They have an amazing happy hour from 3-9 pm M-TH and 3-7 on Friday. $3 drafts, $4 wines, $5 wells, and $6 seasonal cocktails. There is a select menu that each item is only $6--the short rib nachos are excellent as is the bacon flatbread. One thing you can always order and it doesn't matter if it is $6 or $10, the Prasino Burger is TO DIE FOR. Seriously the best burger i've ever had.

I could go on and on about the menu--and the servers are so attentive. when there is good food served, there are great servers who love their jobs and this is definitely true at Prasino-St. Charles.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food was good, service was lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place was recommended to us by some friends so we stopped in for lunch on a Sunday around 12:30. We were seated right away. The atmosphere was semi-upscale, rustic, minimalist. My husband and I both ordered tacos, fish and short rib. They were fresh and very good but seemed a little pricey for lunch ($13-16). Our service was a little strange. We asked our server a couple questions and she seemed unfamiliar with the menu (ie. "we don't have chai and the guy in the back couldn't find any" - chai latte was on the menu), and didn't know how to answer the questions we had. We just weren't impressed with the service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unique option for St. Charles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is great, it's very beautifully designed. Ask your server about the chairs and lamps.. newer ones may not know, but worth a shot. The patio is beautiful despite overlooking a parking lot and the wall to ceiling glass windows slide to open the bar out to the patio allowing for a great breeze on a nice day. As far as evenings go, I do hear it gets louder the later you go, so keep that in mind.

The food has been great on each visit. The first time we visited I had the short rib entree. It was fall off the bone tender, perfectly flavored and the cauliflower gratin that came with it was wonderful too, I don't even care for cauliflower. My husband has had the pork steak and was a big fan as well. We've been back since for dinner. The Prasino burger is one of my favorite burgers.. the tomato jam just does it for me. My husband tried the short rib tacos and thought it was a perfect amount of meat despite other reviews. We've been back for brunch several times as well. I'm a big fan of the Austin Texas, though it has been inconsistent the few times I've had it (sometimes a lot of gravy, other times, just barely enough).

All-in-all the food never lets us down.