“Great hip place for food and nightie eats.” 4 of 5 stars

+1 636-277-0202
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prasino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 226 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American, Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy, Organic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Great hip place for food and nightie eats.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love everything about this restaurant...the breakfast items are unique and interesting. Not your typical pancakes and bacon. The happy hour cocktails are inventive along with the small plates, one can make a dinner from these. However, the dinner menu could have more selection of entrees. I have eaten there 4 times in the last 5 months and has not disappointed me.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We dined there as a group of four on a Sunday evening around 7:00 pm. We did not have reservations, but we didn't have a wait. We had three different servers - our actual waitress, a waiter who brought the alcoholic beverages and poured, and the wait staff who delivered the food. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the menu items and was very helpful with recommendations. Two of us had the soup of the day which was a delicious corn bisque (and something else I don't remember); I had the grilled portabella sandwich on a whole grain bun (very delicious); and the others in our group had a fish dish, the other a meat dish, and one of their rolls. One of the party in our group is allergic to avocados, and unfortunately the majority of the rolls (wraps) came with that, and despite asking if it could be left off, he was told it could not (so he had to choose something else).

The wine menu is good, with a very nice variety. Was surprised they chose (being in St. Charles) not to choose any selections from the vineyards in St. Charles County's wine region (would make sense). Instead there was a wine from another Missouri area. Just found that odd.

Beer menu is good, but not as much variety as I would have hoped for. Good prices though on them.

Acoustics are not great, making it difficult to have a conversation at your table, and the restaurant was not very crowded.

Overall, we had a good experience; seated quickly, great wait staff, delicious food and beverages for a reasonable price. Hopefully they will continue to improve.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“Third time is NOT a charm...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our 3rd visit, two brunches and this dinner. Stick with the brunches. First, the noise level on a busy night is beyond vibrant. Even our waitress said she had trouble communicating. Salads were 2 for 2, the criticism relating to dressing preferences. Two Short Rib diners were good, one halibut was OK and my NY Strip was terrible. Med/Rare was delivered Med/Well. A bigger issue was $29 for a grass fed vein steak. We fled to a quiet spot to enjoy dessert and coffee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Choices--and MEAT, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to try a new restaurant in town and chose Prasino. I wasn't sure what kind-of restaurant it might be--but, boy was I delighted. They list on the menu v, vg, or gf for any item that would be vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free. So many choices--I wasn't sure what to choose. So, of course I'll have to go back and try the others. Now, my husband on the other hand is a MEAT eater--and was equally pleased with our meals. I love that they emphasize organic and sustainable ingredients--however, everything is al-a carte. The restaurant had four different choices for seating (including an outdoor patio). After we had already ordered our lunch we noticed people getting their "breakfast" served. WOW--Eggs Benedict on Crab Cakes (my husband will be getting that next time), giant pancakes topped with anything and skillet breakfast choices. I'm happy with the portabella mushroom sandwich (v) and side salad that I choose. I have never had so many vegan choices at a restaurant before. Can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Very good food and atmosphere. From Vegan to meat-eater, you will enjoy it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were a party of 5 eating Sunday brunch. We sat way inside, so the a/c was pretty cool. Bring a sweater/cover if you chill easily. They had the doors open to give it a very different feel for the area. One persistent fly reminded me of the open-air concept, but he was just looking for lunch.

We were visiting the area from Florida, so the prices did not seem out of line at all to us. It is not cheap, but you are eating wonderfully prepared organic foods, not cheap foods.

We had hummus and a flatbread as an appetizer. Both delicious, especially the mushroom flatbread. The carnivores had hamburgers and turkey burgers, both very, very good. The salt & pepper chips on the side should not be missed. I also enjoyed the beet salad on the side. The vegetarians had flatbread and salads. Both also very good.

The menu is excellent and very easy to see what is vegan or vegetarian. Nice choices.

The drinks are mostly hand made and priced like cocktails. The coffee was excellent. My lovely wife was not impressed by the lack of diet soda. Our waiter told her that the diet sodas were not natural and did not go with the theme of the restaurant, and I had to chuckle about that . . . Better just put a case of diet pepsi behind the bar, guys, and remember that the customer is always right! We will just bring our own in the next time.

Our waiter was a bit too overbearing and teetered on obnoxious. Every question was answered with a lecture about how great this or that was and about how much better they were then everyone else. They need to re-think the training if this is the norm. When I told him my wife needed her hamburger cooked very well - no pink - he proceeded to tell us how their hamburger was different then the rest and could not be burned. "We grind our chuck all day long from the finest...blah...blah...blah." On and on. Dude, mellow!

All in all we really enjoyed the restaurant and the food. Do not miss it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere