“My Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1425 South Fifth Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liberty
“My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was on a trip through and stayed overnight. I have used this hotel previously and it was good as was this stay. I wish there was a hot tub. When I left Saturday AM the breakfast room did not open until 7:00 AM and I left at about 6:00 AM disappointment.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St Charles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Big improvement from last time I stayed there under old ownership! Couldn't believe the change! I was skeptical when we pulled into the parking lot as I had stayed there before years ago under other ownership and had a bad experience but was pleasantly surprised at the changes. Glad you have coffee available in the lobby at all times! Those little one cup makers don't cut it for a coffee drinker! Would stay again if in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We appreciate your business and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
St. Charles, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I used this hotel because of my advertised corporate rate. this rate was denied due to the weekend status of my stay. i booked a King two room suite that was barely appointed. it had no closets and two bathrooms that were only large enough to fit my ten year old daughter and her friend one at a time. The bed was comfortable and fold out couch was ample for two small children. it was very dimly lit and dull in the room but the small lobby was very nicely appointed but with out a lobby bar.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We have corrected the rate on your reservation to reflect the proper corporate rate.
I was also sorry to hear that you did not like our suite room. Each room was renovated in late 2013, with closet space in the bed room and a refinished bathrooms, furnishings, and bedding.
We appreciate your business and we hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve you in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We picked this hotel because it is listed in takefido.com as dog-friendly. We enjoyed our stay. Not luxurious but definitely comfortable. Updated rooms and decor helped a lot. The staff was friendly.

They don't really advertise it but it was a dog-friendly place. There is ample grass right outside the door for the pup to do its business.

Breakfast was hot as advertised, but as you can imagine, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and flipper waffles. The standard fare.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
We are happy you and your furry friend decided to stay with us. I am glad we were able to provide you with a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had three people sharing this suite. The sofa made out into a queen size bed. The sofa was terrible and felt like you were sleeping on springs. Would not recommend it for adults to sleep on. Was nice having 2 bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was saddened to learn that we did not provide you with the best experience possible. We take pride in our service and on behalf of our staff I would like to apologize. We will use your feedback to improve the sleep quality of our suites. Please contact me at 636-946-6936 so that I can provide you with a personal apology and make this right. We appreciate your business and I look forward to speaking with you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Sheets had hair and blood stains on them and comforter was soiled. When front desk was contacted we were told they had fresh sheets but no comforters. Sofa sleeper mattress had crumbs all over it, blanket for sofa had hair all over it, mirror in bathroom had not been washed could read message left by previous guest. Eventually they moved us to aroma that had been properly cleaned. Family suite has two queens in one room and sleeper sofa in the the other room not two bedroom suite. Breakfast was good, eggs, bacon,waffles, donuts ect...

Room Tip: Family suites do not have separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We try to make every guest stay the best it can be. I was very sorry to learn that our cleanliness did not live up to our expectations or yours. We will use your feedback to improve. Hopefully, you will give us an additional opportunity to serve you better in the future. In the meantime, I invite you to contact me personally so that I can make this right with you. My phone number is 636-946-6936. We appreciate your business and I look forward to hearing from you.
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay at this Best Western. It was very nicely decorated, clean and quiet. It is in St. Charles, near the casinos, west St. Louis attractions, shopping and the airport. The only thing I suggest, is to get there early to get good parking, as it filled up very quickly. Easy on and off I-70. We didn't use the pool or take advantage of the breakfast, so I can't comment on either of them.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service and I was glad that we were able to provide this for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!