“Caught off Guard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1425 South Fifth Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
SAVE 10% in St. Charles!
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport, Vermont
“Caught off Guard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

What a Great Surprise stumbling upon this Hotel after being snobbed and rejected by both the Embassy Suites and the Fairfield Inn. These other hotels were of course recommended for our group to stay with. After being told by both of the counter clerks in a rude way that they were "Sold Out" I drove off and happened to spot the Best Western in the distance. I drove over to the Best Western figuring it would be the typical dive. I was wrong! The counter clerk April greeted me with a smile, was very happy to assist, and very helpful to not only book with room, but advise me on the main attractions within a 20 mile radius. After all of this great service from April she then mentioned the free Breakfast and the price- Both of which were great!!! Honestly, I was caught off guard by this hotel and April's service as I was not expecting the experience to be that great. I will stay here from now on during my next trips to town! What a great clean, friendly, hotel with a value.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the ground floor during any of my stays with any hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fayette, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I found this hotel to be a great value! The hotel has a wonderful location right off I-70, serves a good breakfast, and is an excellent hotel with friendly and helpful management and staff. We reserved a suite in order to host a Christmas get-to-gether with friends, and we found our accomodations to be really clean and comfortable. We seldom are asked how we enjoyed our stay and if there was some way the hotel management and staff could have made our stay better. I had a hard time thinking of anything.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pueblo Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We use to stay at this property when it was a Quality Inn. Since Best Western Plus took over the property and did renovations it has been greatly improved. At check-in Amber was bubbly, efficient, and helpful. The rooms are good size, clean with comfortable beds and all new furniture. The bathroom seemed a little crowded and the main draw back was the toilet and toilet paper dispenser. The toilet is at the height for a 7 yr. old. Not good at all for someone 6 ft. tall who feels like they are sitting on a toad stool. The dispenser didn't hold the toilet paper in place and the roll continually fell off the rod. However, chances are we would stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent, polite customer service with great amenities. Michelle was very polite and helpful in the morning and when we had to add another room in the afternoon Amanda was right there to help again. Great pool, business center, room and all within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping.

St. Louis, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Newly renovated with an absolutely wonderful manager (Tom) and staff.
Our group of lawyers booked rooms because of a two-day legal conference in St. Charles last weekend. I neglected to reserve a room for a meeting we had planned. At the last minute, Manager Tom Mezines found us a room and accommodated ALL of our requests (and more--he even provided coffee!) He could not have been nicer and more accommodating. One of our group experienced discomfort in her room and was promptly placed in another excellent room. From Tom (manager) to April Bruer (front desk staff) to Gil (service), the staff was welcoming and superb in service. I chose this hotel (as program director for the group) and it was the best, at a reasonable price. Be assured I will recommend it again and again. THANKS TOM AND STAFF!

MILTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated. I stayed at this hotel by choice on 2 separate nights in St Charles on business. Tom Mezines (Guest Services Manager) personally greeted me on both visits to "welcome me". He had also informed me about the accommodations and renovations that had been recently done.
The hotel decor and AM hot breakfast exceeded my expectations. Clearly, this hotel prides themselves on customer service and it shows! I would suggest staying at this hotel when traveling in the STL area. Right next to Texas Roadhouse and gas stations, shopping, etc. Great Job!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are excellent. Close to everything and no noise. Very convenient.
Rogersville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here as I was attending a conference. The room was nice; king size bed. The room was clean and everything was in good working order; TV, refrigerator, microwave, AC/Heat unit, internet. The bathroom was very clean. I only spent the evenings and was off the hotel site to attend the conference, thus I did not utilize the business center or fitness center. My only concern, though not a real issue as I was the only person staying, but the vent/fan in the bathroom was not working as it was not even attached to the ceiling, thus hanging a few inches down. The young ladies at the front desk were very pleasant, professional and efficient. Check in and Check out were a snap.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mgaler, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am so very happy that you were satisifed with the facility. I would love for you to reach out to me directly with your room number so I may investigate the bathroom fan issue you referenced in your review. Please call me at 636-946-6936 if it wouldn't be a bother. Again, thank you for your review and thank you for choosing our hotel!!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!