“outdated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Frankfort
“outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This motel is very outdated. It had a swimming pool once but its dried up now. There was ample parking and we did like the area. The floor had dust bunnies when we arrived. I kept my shoes on all the time I was there. The lady at the desk was friendly. We were told on the phone what the total price would be but when we got there it was a little more. The lady said no it couldn't be the price we were quoted so it cost us a little more. The beds were comfortable. I would not stay here again. I would pay a little more and stay in a more modern place. Like I said it is so outdated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HotelGM-STL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Your comments have been shared with our staff and the issues addressed. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Harrisburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nothing extremely spectacular about this place but it was clean, the staff were friendly and I got a great rate. I paid much less than their average cost. While everything went fairly well the place is a bit outdated. Regular rate runs around $65 for this location. I personally wouldn't pay anymore than $50 and just remember you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HotelGM-STL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.
Tuscola, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I had read the reviews online about the Rodeway Inn and several were very discouraging and disturbing, but decided this would be tonights stop. Upon arrival noted it was the type of motel I prefer, one story with ample parking and spread out over some space with green spaces as much as possible. The attendant was quite pleasant as was the one who waited on me the next morning as I checked out. I asked her if many were staying there for the gypsy caravan and she said they had quite few staying tonight. We got to the room and it was nothing fancy at all....a nice king sized bed that slept very well, a comfortable chair, some tables and lamps and a dresser and tv. The bath was small, but it was all clean. I had no issues with the room and there was a couple in the next room as well, but yet I heard nothing. There were a number of guests staying with pets that evening and as it usually is where pet owners stay, they all get along very well. If I were coming back to this area again to stay, I would definitely stay here

Room Tip: I would have preferred an end room next to the wooded area, just for the additional quiet. If all t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GMIL027, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Oak Ridge, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The room was clean. It looked clean, it smelled clean, and I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the bathroom, the furniture and the flooring. The bathroom is small, the shower head is about 5' 6" high, so you have to bend over to rinse your head.

The room air conditioner does an excellent job at keeping the room very comfortable. The room comes with a small refrigerator and a small microwave. You have to unplug the TV or the refrigerator to plug in the microwave. There is one spare electrical receptacle by the TV, and two GFCI outlets above the vanity. The room has an ironing board but there was iron.

The mattress was good, firm and not lumpy. Pillows were small foam ones, but two together made one decent one.

The front desk was nice enough to receive a package shipped to me from out of state, and the front desk was helpful and pleasant at check-in and package pickup. Wifi was functional but not very efficient, don't plan on doing any high speed surfing on their internet.

The is a great room to get some rest. Nothing fancy, but I only paid $49 for this room, and it was clean and quiet. That was all I required, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMIL027, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is almost the worst place I've ever had a room at. It was so bad I left, drove another 20 miles west and got another room at a much nicer hotel for 7.00 a night less!

To start with I should've known better than to get a budget hotel room this close to a major city.

What first caught my eye was on almost every support colum and even directly beside my room door was a sign stating not responsible for damage or loss of contents in vehicles. I have seen these signs before at other hotels but never placed every 10 to 15 feet. I am not kidding I think the side I was on had one every 10 feet. The grass and parking lots had all types of trash in and around where I parked directly in front of my room. Once inside it didn't get any better. I had a seat on the bed only to find it sagged and you could feel the springs in the mattress. I also noticed several cigarette burns on the dresser. The bathroom was in bad shape as well. The shower curtain was at one time clear plastic - it was yellow. The bathtub had multiple cigarette burns in it. I didn't stick around to see what happens when the sun went down!

I got an 80.00 lession - Avoid at all costs- better off sleeping in the car in a roadside rest area! I have some photos you can see what I did if I can post them

Regards.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gm_mo314, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The other reviews are pretty accurate. The doors all open to the parking lots. The outside is maintained pretty well. The area is reasonably safe with basic business buildings across the street and restaurants etc on the other side of the interstate. The rooms are run down with cheap furniture but the place is functional and clean. The old heater is first room was broken and they moved me to another room with a new heater.
They found my phone charger kept it for me which was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
gm_mo314, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not a bad place to stop at overnight. The room was a bit small but the place was clean. The internet wasn't the fastest from the room . Overall there were few amenities. It had the usual, fridge, microwave, TV, and not much else. The showerhead was lower than most and if you're tall, its not gonna be easy to use. There are a few restaurants nearby and it was close to the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
gm_mo314, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!