“oh my god!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Kansas City
“oh my god!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We reserved this hotel room for its location and we could cancel it if we didn't need it the same day. Good location and was easy check-in. Positive: the beds were comfortable and appeared clean. Negatives: Smelled of dirty carpet and old cigarette smoke (they were supposed to be a smoke-free hotel). A black sock laid in the middle of the floor (it wasn't ours). Their was crusty yellow substance on the toilet and brown substance on the lid. The shower had soap scum in it and hair on the walls. In further investigating the carpet their was white pieces all over it and candy of different types in it. We were exhausted from a long day of traveling. We slept. Got up at the crack of dawn. The front desk would only say " here is the managers number call him". In 5 more hours we were home sweet home. We paid $79.00 for this room. How stupid were we?

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I apologize for the uncleanliness and odor in the room. It is our intention to have clean comfortable rooms that are a great value in the area. We obviously did not fulfill our intention for your stay. Please contact me so we can discuss the problems with the room and make this right for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Paola, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a reservation here because the price was right. It was an overnight stay and reviews were decent. We arrived at 10:45 pm and were told if you don't call by 6 pm they release the room. The confirmation says guaranteed by credit card for late arrivals. Luckily the clerk hadn't released it yet. All other hotels in area were booked. Room stunk of cigarette smoke despite signs everywhere stating 100% smoke free. Everything very dated.

• Stayed April 2014
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. At Red Roof we strive to provide every guest with a superior value, therefore your feedback is important to us. I appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Thank you so much to all the staff at Red Roof Inn. Everyone was so nice and very helpful. Very pleasant and clean hotel... I stayed in the King size room and loved it. Nice flat screen tv in every room also... HBO1 and HBO2

Heather

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased you were able to enjoy the superior king room with the 37" flat screen TV in HD, microfridge, and in room coffee maker. I'll be sure to share your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel with my staff. We look forward to your next visit to the property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

LOVE Staying at this Red Roof location! Only wish is that their WiFi was better! The rooms are always clean & the HD channels are excellent! You can not get better quality for your buck! I will surely continue to stay here everytime I am in town.

• Stayed March 2014
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is great to hear our investment in the HD channels is providing our guests with a pleasurable viewing experience. Our aim is to be the best value in the Saint Charles area. Seeing your comments helps reaffirm what we are trying to do here. We have also recently changed WiFi vendors and are hoping upgrades will make our WiFi better for our guests. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Licking, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a few times. Wonderful service, comfortable room and reasonable rates. Located near just about anything in St. Charles. Close to downtown activities and sight seeing attractions! Recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love having you back as a guest again and appreciate your comments regarding the wonderful service, comfortable room, and reasonable rates which we believe sets us apart from the competition. I'll be sure to share your comments with my staff. Your comments about our location were spot on, we are within 10 minutes of the Ameristar Casino, St. Charles Convention Center, Family Arena, St. Peters Rec Plex, the Katy Trail, Lindenwood University, & the Historic Downtown District. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Saint Charles.

minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Checked in, went to room. Room smelled like mold. That turned out to be wet carpet. It was late, ice storm outside, decided to it out. So my back starts to hurt, cause the springs are poking me thru mattress. Here the pillowtop is on otherside, its upside down, so i proceed to flip mattress over, well.....We packed up and left at 11:00pm.nwe are now at Holiday Inn down the icy freeway.
The matress was Stained with two large circles of? Blood???? This place is a wreck! Garbage outside has linens stuffed in it? Dead body? People living here also!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the room you rented. The room rented to you should not have been placed in service to be sold. Due to a miscommunication between my staff and me it was incorrectly put in order to be sold. Going forward I will make sure only rooms that are comfortable and provide a great value in the area will me available for sale.
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Teresa at the front desk welcomed me with a warm smile and friendly conversation when I checked in. I was traveling with my puppy and she showed interest in him. John, the general manager, came personally to our room when our toilet stopped working and fixed it himself. There was a problem with the billing on my account but John was willing to work with me to get it straightened out.

There were many cigarette butts scattered around the grassy patches in front of the rooms, but other than that the property seemed clean and our room ("Superior King") was newly renovated. The highway noise on the north side of the property was also an issue for me, but overall I was satisfied.

There is a Bob Evans next door to the hotel, and a Hardee's directly across the street. There is also a grocery store across the street.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Book a "superior king" room. Try to get a room on the south side of the property if highwa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I hope you found us to be a clean, comfortable, great value in the Saint Charles area.

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!