“What a lovely stay I had....” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 Zumbehl Road, Saint Charles, MO 63303-2722   |
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Charles, Missouri
“What a lovely stay I had....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Thank you so much to all the staff at Red Roof Inn. Everyone was so nice and very helpful. Very pleasant and clean hotel... I stayed in the King size room and loved it. Nice flat screen tv in every room also... HBO1 and HBO2

Heather

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased you were able to enjoy the superior king room with the 37" flat screen TV in HD, microfridge, and in room coffee maker. I'll be sure to share your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel with my staff. We look forward to your next visit to the property.

John McClellan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

LOVE Staying at this Red Roof location! Only wish is that their WiFi was better! The rooms are always clean & the HD channels are excellent! You can not get better quality for your buck! I will surely continue to stay here everytime I am in town.

• Stayed March 2014
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is great to hear our investment in the HD channels is providing our guests with a pleasurable viewing experience. Our aim is to be the best value in the Saint Charles area. Seeing your comments helps reaffirm what we are trying to do here. We have also recently changed WiFi vendors and are hoping upgrades will make our WiFi better for our guests. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Licking, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a few times. Wonderful service, comfortable room and reasonable rates. Located near just about anything in St. Charles. Close to downtown activities and sight seeing attractions! Recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love having you back as a guest again and appreciate your comments regarding the wonderful service, comfortable room, and reasonable rates which we believe sets us apart from the competition. I'll be sure to share your comments with my staff. Your comments about our location were spot on, we are within 10 minutes of the Ameristar Casino, St. Charles Convention Center, Family Arena, St. Peters Rec Plex, the Katy Trail, Lindenwood University, & the Historic Downtown District. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Saint Charles.

minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Checked in, went to room. Room smelled like mold. That turned out to be wet carpet. It was late, ice storm outside, decided to it out. So my back starts to hurt, cause the springs are poking me thru mattress. Here the pillowtop is on otherside, its upside down, so i proceed to flip mattress over, well.....We packed up and left at 11:00pm.nwe are now at Holiday Inn down the icy freeway.
The matress was Stained with two large circles of? Blood???? This place is a wreck! Garbage outside has linens stuffed in it? Dead body? People living here also!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the room you rented. The room rented to you should not have been placed in service to be sold. Due to a miscommunication between my staff and me it was incorrectly put in order to be sold. Going forward I will make sure only rooms that are comfortable and provide a great value in the area will me available for sale.
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Teresa at the front desk welcomed me with a warm smile and friendly conversation when I checked in. I was traveling with my puppy and she showed interest in him. John, the general manager, came personally to our room when our toilet stopped working and fixed it himself. There was a problem with the billing on my account but John was willing to work with me to get it straightened out.

There were many cigarette butts scattered around the grassy patches in front of the rooms, but other than that the property seemed clean and our room ("Superior King") was newly renovated. The highway noise on the north side of the property was also an issue for me, but overall I was satisfied.

There is a Bob Evans next door to the hotel, and a Hardee's directly across the street. There is also a grocery store across the street.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Book a "superior king" room. Try to get a room on the south side of the property if highwa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I hope you found us to be a clean, comfortable, great value in the Saint Charles area.
Lawson, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this Red Roof when in the area for a dog show. They had a nice grassy area, but it was full of cigarette butts, broken glass and garbage. Not a real great place to walk a dog. The room had been updated but the bedspreads were not clean or so stained that they looked old. It was very noisy as apparently some people live there full time. There was a lot of coming and going outside. There was one of those plug in things that perfumed the air but a clean room should not need that. The TV channels on the card did not match the channels on the TV so it was necessary to scroll through to find the channel we were looking for. Its a great location. There was free coffee 24/7 but at times the lobby was locked and if you wanted to get anything, you had to find the desk clerk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your thoughts on how to make our guests stay clean and comfortable. They will prove valuable in training exercises with our team. We will continue striving towards being the best value in the Saint Charles area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The location is absolutely fantastic for anyone doing the tourist thing in the St. Louis metro area. It is close to event centers, Ameristar, The Mills Mall, and a wide variety of shopping and dining venues.
The room was decent, but the housekeeping had definitely slacked off the day of our check-in.
It decently clean except for little things like a sticky residue on the television and burn holes in the comforter. The evening front desk agent was friendly, but she did not answer the phone. I had to call their 1-800 number and have the corporate contact the property so I could get her to answer the phone. I took photos and left a lengthy note for the morning agent on checkout. She read my note and offered I speak with the manager, John. He apologized sincerely and offered whatever he could to make us feel better about the issues. He ultimately ended up refunded over 50% of the cost of the room. We felt that was more than gracious. We definitely would have no issues staying there again. You do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: We stayed in 204 - It faces the highway and a feeder road. It is slightly louder. In the distance yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Again I apologize for your room conditions and hope to see you in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!