“Adequate in a pinch...but not much more” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 Zumbehl Road, Saint Charles, MO 63303-2722   |
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Adequate in a pinch...but not much more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were traveling from Atlanta to Kansas city and had to stop overnight...it was about midnight in st Louis...and the other hotels were either completely full or out of our price range on such short notice. The front desk person was very pleasant and efficient. Then we get to the room. Both of the beds had either stains (brown...not sure what THAT was) on the bed spreads and one of the blankets also had something on it...I sort of wasn't sure what to think... Again it was good we had a place to stay but it certainly was not an ideal place...we did not call down to the desk to have anything remedied...but I'm sure they would have rectified the situation. I am not anti-red roof but this wasn't the nicest one I've stayed in. Due to the low cost and availability...I rated it average over poor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize for the condition of the bedspreads and blankets. Thank you for bringing the problem to my attention. We will continue working toward our goal of providing a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waterloo, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were on the ground floor, on the north side (closest to the highway), and it was actually set up as a handicap room. Very clean, the TV worked fine, the Wi-fi worked better than some places we've stayed, and the bed was comfortable. Got a good night's sleep after driving from the Kansas City area early in the morning and spending a full day at the renaissance festival at Wentzville. The Bob Evans restaurant next door was a positive, since there was no continental breakfast. The desk personnel were friendly and courteous, very professional. Overall, a comfortable stay for one night.

Room Tip: we booked online through the Red Roof Inn website.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing your expectations were met and you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Me my husband and our 2 younger kids(1&2) stayed in this hotel and it was good at first the room was nice and clean (kinda small for a family of 4) then a storm came and locked us in our room when the power went out (still locked in when power came on) so my husband tryed to open the door and the handle fell off. So they moved us rooms... Everything was fine in that room for about a week i had looked under the bed to find my phone case and i found cat crap all over under my bed (my kids could have got ahold of it we dont even own any pets) then i had gotten my kids chalk to draw on the side walk (they're was 3 or 4 other rooms that had chalk on the ground ) and I had layed my kids down for a nap and the next thing I know one of the house keepers were coming in my room and then left and was yelling out side so I went out there and I heared her call me a fat B***h and she was very loud and was still cussing at me after I called one of the nice lady's at the front desk to my room and was still yelling and cussing. She told me I needed to leave pack my family and our $&!t up and leave... it was just on going for about a half hour... And the chalk was washable all that I had to do was poor water on the side walk and it would have came right off. They had kicked another couple and there kids out after 9 months of living there for the same problem... I would not reccomend this hotel if you have kids/babies.

• Stayed June 2013
I apologize for the experience you had at our inn. The goal of my team is to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations. In your experience we did not even meet the expectations. After hearing of your experience we have taken steps to remind our team of the priority of the safety and comfort of our guests. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Ashburn, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last week after 14 hours of driving. Checked in, received the usual instructions form a young lady, go to my room, turn on T.V. on local news and to my surprise there is report on the news that they have arrested two individuals who were running prostitutes out of this same hotel. THEY SHOWED THE SAME HOTEL I WAS STAYING THAT NIGHT ON T.V. THE EMPLOYEE AT THE FRONT DESK DID NOT MENTION ANYTHING TO US WHEN WE CHECKED IN!!! NICE TOUCH...I guess she thought this was going to be a secret and nobody in St. Louis would found out. To top this, next morning news van is at the entrance of the hotel, I went out to get coffee, on my way out saw a handwritten note taped from inside on the glass window a few doors down from my room, with the following message: "Room out for Business." now, that is class...that does it for me, I will never stay again in one of RRI rooms again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I apologize for the impression left on you during your recent visit to our inn. Our priority is the comfort and safety of all of our guests and we work diligently so all our guests leave with that impression. We monitor the activities of our guests as best we can while still maintaining respect, courtesy, & privacy, and unfortunately there is a balance to this that does not allow us to judge the behavior of our guests without solid evidence of their activities. When alerted to or becoming aware of any behavior that places our guests safety and comfort in question we handle the situation as quickly and respectfully as possible.
nags head, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We needed to stay in the St. Louis area for just one night on the way to Colorado and were traveling with a pet. We've stayed at Red Roof Inns before and they were okay. The only good things I can say about this stay was that the beds appeared to be clean with decent sheets (but very soft with no support) and the towels were nice and white although only 2 per room. The sink and tub also appeared to be clean. If these basics are all you need, you'll be fine. However, the TV screen and mirror were smeary with handprints all over them. I tried to put something in a dresser drawer and the pulls were all sticky and there was what looked like a coke spill in 2 of the drawers. The baseboard in the bathroom was also really dirty and AC was loud - had to wear earplugs - but it did work.
We were in Building 2 which appeared to be a long term residence for people. There was a huge mountain of trash (in bags and loose) in the breezeway where I had to go to get ice. (I'm talking 7 feet tall and 20 feet long) The other building might be better, who knows. Also the wi-fi that we REALLY needed to use wouldn't work at all. I had to drive back up to the office and sit outside in my car for 2 hours until I got everything done.
Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize for the cleanliness of your room not being up to standards. We will improve our efforts to make our property the best value in the area.
london,ky.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

check in was fast and easy,rooms were clean but deffinatly dated and dark was more than good enough for a good nights sleep but new decor would be a welcoming , cappachino was out order but other than that no complaints well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate that you found your stay well worth the money.
Hatton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My 12 year old daughter had a softball tournament in St. Charles for the weekend. The crazy Missouri weather had the Tournament sponsors changing and rechanging game times. My original reservation was for Friday and Saturday night, but since they moved back the 1st game time we canceled our Friday night stay. Just as we were arriving in St. Chas I received a text that the game was moved back again! Here is was 8:30 a.m. in St. Chas, nothing open and now the game didn't start till noon. I decided to see if by chance we could go ahead and unload our belongings. The front desk clerk and the housekeeper that was just starting his shift were MORE than happy to grant our request! The hotel doesn't have the fancy amenities, but it did have comfortable beds, hot water, updated rooms, and a great price! And clean! 100% smoke free, but not pet free ... and smoking was being done outside of rooms with the doors left open ... figure that?!?!?!

Room Tip: I requested a "secluded" room so my daughter could get a good nights sleep (4 games one da...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love hearing that you found us to be a great value in the area.

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!