“Not bad for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 Zumbehl Road, Saint Charles, MO 63303-2722   |
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Not bad for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here one night while our air conditioner was being repaired (over 100 degrees for 7 days in a row in St Charles, MO) The hotel is not bad for the price. The room was a little smaller than I thought it would be and the bathroom was extremely small. There is no pool or exercise room. The room was clean and the clerk at the desk was very nice. The location was nice, right off the hwy, close to Panera Bread. The air conditioner in the room was great (again, it was over 100 degrees out). I also appreciated the discount that I received for my employment. Overall, it was a great hotel for a short stay and was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Hopefully the next time you get to use Red Roof Inn it will be under better circumstances. We're pleased you found us to be a good value.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

A very good value. Right on I-70. No complaints. Will stay there again. I felt safe there, was not uncomfortable coming and going at night.

• Stayed April 2012
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for recognizing us as a great value in the area.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Checked in late and left very early, so can't say much about the grounds or outside appearances. Once in my room it was just fine, on par or better with the good prices. Actually my king room had a flat screen TV, which was a plus. Also included a microwave, mini-fridge, safe and wifi. Wasn't expecting those at Red Roof, they've increased some of the amenities. I stayed in a superior king room by the way. Room and bathroom were clean, good location, with restaurants and retail surrounding it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit. It helps reaffirm our commitment to being the best value in the area.
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in mid April to visit St. Louis and St. Charles, since I lived there for a year back in '96 while I attended Lindenwood College (University now), so I know the area pretty well.

I have to admit that that particular exit on Zumbehl Rd. from the I-70 used to be a better location that it does nowdays. The area still has many restaurants, bars, markets and stores but it seems that the recession did a job on the area because I also saw some places that had been shut down or vacant.

Now to the hotel. This hotel needs some serious maintenance. I mean, I looks like from the day it was built they haven't done much in order to keep the place looking better.

We requested a non-smoking room that reeked of cigarettes, the bed covers had cigarette burns and holes, and our next door neighbor smoked in his room with the door halfway open, so you get the picture of how this "non-smoking" policy is handled by the patrons. Not the motel fault, but this is what you get.

I also noticed some trailers and trucks, so I would think that this is a truck stop favorite. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but a family hotel this is not.

Since my trip was not based on the place we only went to sleep, I just ignored the smoke odor, closed my eyes and went on to the next day. Other customers might not be that forgiving.

The desk clerks, both when I checked in late at night and when I checked out early morning, were very friendly and helpful. I got a room at ground level so that was a plus.

The hotel is indeed 10 minutes away from Lambert Airport, but looking around I saw newer and better options nearby, so I would definitely search for another motel in the same price range the next time I return.

Room Tip: There is a Bob Evans restaurant right on the entrance so that is a great option for breakfasts and d...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here. I apologize for the burn holes in the bedding and the smoke odor. In the next month or so we will be starting a renovation which will include all new bedding and carpeting for the rooms. After the renovation we will be 100% smoke free.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed at the motel several times and always find that it is consistently clean and the staff friendly every time. It is less than 10 minutes from Lambert Airport and the price is right. I have a feeling that the person complaining about the bed is used to the Taj Mahal, because I have found that the beds are comfortable.

This looks like a worker's motel from the outside, but the inside is clean and the bathrooms have always been spotless. Their housekeeping staff are very efficient and take pride in their work.

I will be returning each time I go to St Louis.

Room Tip: I try to stay in the second building. Better parking and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate your business.
Oak Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a hotel close to my daughters college..... We visit her often and use this hotel every time....The rooms are always clean and comfy....Most of all the bathroom is clean... And that is very important to me... It is also a very budget friendly hotel...

Room Tip: I would imagine any room is going to be fine
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words. They help reinforce our aim to be the best value in the St. Charles area.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I travel alot, and lets face it, economical and clean pleasant rooms are hard to find. The red roof in st charles mo was wonderful. the room was clean, freshly painted and tv was updated. Front desk welcoming...great location. ask for room away from highway and bring a hair dryer. In future I will book again

Room Tip: higher floor and facing away from highway
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We look forward to your return stays with us.

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!