“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Missoula, Montana
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was a nice place to spend the night just outside of the city of St Louis. The hotel and room were not brand new, but veryclean, which is more important to me. The pool area was nice for our 3 kids too. There were a bunch of families at the pool with small kids which didn't bother me a bit, but might bother some. The location was really great, right next to I-70 and just around the corner from the Ameristar casino. The room we stayed in was a 2 queen bed suite which is great, because of the foldout couch for our 13 year old. The breakfast in the morning was good, they had bacon & eggs along with all of the standard continental breakfast fare. Also, the best rate of any of the other nearby hotels. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NataleeK, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback! We look forward to serving you and your family during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here just for one night. We picked this hotel as it was close to Ameristar Casino and not too far from the Main street shopping area. The price was higher than I wanted to spend but I guess most hotels are over $100 now. The room was clean. The beds were firm which we like. Pillows were folded up into a square but you could rearrange the pillowcase so they were normal size. There is a sink inside and outside of the bathroom which was handy. If you opened the window the highway is quite noisy so I would ask for a room away from the highway side next time. The breakfast was very good except for the biscuits which were hard as a rock or stale. Also a nice touch was a free weekend St. Charles or Post-Dispatch paper. Front desk person was nice with a ready smile. Had indoor pool but did not use.

Room Tip: Stay in room away from highway side. This is a 3-floor hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We just purchased new pillows and will have them in the suites soon. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. The location is good, near Historic St Charles, close to I-70 to get into St Louis and is very resonably priced. It had been awhile since I stayed here, but they are in the process of a remodel in some areas. Right now the front desk is in transition, which they told me will include a "market" area for food items. They have revamped their fitness room, it is the same square footage as before but with the "make over" and rearranging the fitness machines it has made it a much nicer facility to work out in. I also noticed that they have new bed sheets & comforters in the guest rooms. I did have problems with Internet connection this trip that I never had before, but that will change for the better. I mentioned that to the front desk, and they acknowledged the issues they have been having and as of today, they are upgrading their Internet system. Nice to know, I depend on the Internet for work, I would have hated to have to cross this hotel off my list because I could not depend on their Interent.

Room Tip: Select rooms (odd numbers) at the back of the hotel, they do not face the interestate, it is much qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NataleeK, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it really helps us to evolve and improve our service and accommodations. Since your stay, our internet service has been upgraded and connectivity is now fast and effective. We appreciate your awareness of the upgrades throughout the hotel, we will be undergoing a renovation of our suites and more public space within the next year.
Marks, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I left a pair of pants and a top, both my favorites and valued at over $200, in my room. I called the hotel, gave them my credit card number to cover shipping costs and received my clothing today. I have heard horror stories about things being left, never to be recovered, from hotel rooms. Once many years ago it happened to me, and when I called the hotel, they said nobody had turned anything in. I was with five cousins and we had three rooms. Our rooms were excellent, as were the breakfasts we enjoyed every day. The hotel is not far from Historic St. Charles. We had a wonderful time and were completely satisfied with Comfort Suites. I normally stay at Hampton Inns, but was well pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NataleeK, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We were happy to return your forgotten items and look forward to your next visit with us. Take Care!
LaPorte, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel is in great location. 5 Minutes away from shops in St Charles and Ameristar casino. 15 minutes away from Hollywood casino.. Rooms are large and comfortable, Hot hot showers are wonderful after a long drive. Breakfast was great. Waffles, eggs ect. Different variety of danish and bagels...The pools did smell heavy of chlorine...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NataleeK, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for feedback! We appreciate your business very much and look forward to your next visit.
Warren, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I spent hours on the computer to find a hotel w/ an indoor pool in St. Louis. We arrived around 9 pm and didn't get to swim much (pool closes at 10). But, we had plenty of time to swim the next morning. Check in person told us that pool opens at 6 a.m. and check out was noon. Perfect. However, Hotel decided to put chemicals in the pool the next morning and told us it would be 4 hours before they would open the pool, which of course was after check out!!! The pool is closed from 10 pm to 6 am. Wouldn't that be the BEST time to put chemicals in the pool? It almost seemed it was done on purpose to get rid of your guests earlier. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you were unable to enjoy our pool before checking out of the hotel. We recently made a repair to our pool equipment that has eliminated the issue with our automatic chemical dispersement. Please contact me directly if you are traveling to St. Charles in the future and I can offer an upgrade or discount for the inconvenience. Thank you for your business!
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, right of the interstate. The hotel is clean, well kept and the front desk staff very helpful. The only problem I encountered was accessing the Internet. When I was finally able to get the WIFI connected, the connection was very,very slow...similar to the old days of dial up. I finally gave up! I was not here on business this time and would not recommend this hotel for business travelers if they need to work at night which I normally do until the hotel get the Internet access up to speed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet access points which will provide faster, more expansive coverage for our guests. Maintaining connection is easier and more efficient now and will improve even more in the near future. Thank you for your business, we hope you will give us another chance next time you travel to St. Charles!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!