“Excellent hotel !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
East Moline, Illinois
“Excellent hotel !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel in St. Charles, MO. Super clean and nice size room. Great location and very quiet. Sits along 70 but didnt hear traffic at all. Great service and hot breakfast. Staff was great not a busy night so upgraded me to bigger room. Internet speed was very good. Workout room nice. Pool great for little kids, nice but not real big. Highly recommend the hotel. Historic St. Chales only 2 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012
NataleeK, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
smicer1,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. We can't wait to have you back as our guest when your travels bring you back to St. Charles!

Natalee
GM, Comfort Suites/St. Charles

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Taylorville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose this hotel because of it is just up the road from Ameristar, and the suites are 1/3 of the price. About 5 minutes after we got in the room, we got a phone call from the front desk asking if we were satisfied with the room. The room was a decent size and the internet connection was pretty good. The room had a mini fridge and microwave, and a charging station with 3 plugs and 2 USB charging stations on the table. Our only complaint was that we booked a room with a 2-person whirlpool, and there is no way that was made for 2 people. We were unaware of this when we got the call from the front desk. When we finally realized this, it was late and we were unpacked and didn't want to move.

I would stay here again, but make sure that we got the room type that we requested.

Room Tip: Upon checking in to the room, make sure it is the type of room that you requested.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and is about a half mile walk from the Ameristar Casino. Breakfast wasn't great but it was included. The room was sizeable and included a mini refrigerator and microwave. I was not fond of the square pillows but that was a minor annoyance. The high speed internet worked very well on my laptop - this was also included.

Check in was rather complicated as the hotel does seem to run on a skeleton crew and the people checking in before me had a quoted price online but once at the hotel were being given a higher price - they had the print out verifying this but it still took some time to fix. Based on previous reviews I believe this might be a routine issue - so bring your confirmation!

Overall this was a pleasant experience - the room was large and had a lot of "extras" included. Sure the breakfast wasn't great but it was okay. My room was on the 3rd floor toward the back. I could hear some traffic noise but it wasn't too bad and I really didn't hear any other people except in the hallway.

Room Tip: I would suggest 3rd floor on the back side of the hotel - away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I went to St. Charles for the weekend, celebrating our Anniversary. We chose this hotel as it was close to everything and was very easy to find. The staff was wonderfully pleasant and very cordial. Our room, a King Suite with whirlpool tub, was super clean. The bed and linens were very comfortable!!
The breakfast was even more than we thought it would be and very good too!
I would highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I would not stay here again if it was free. The service is terrible and they will charge you $150 for smoking, even though no one who stayed in the room has ever smoked in their lives. When confronted about it, they make up some lies. Pure scam.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
KM,

I apologize that you were unsatisfied with our hotel. We are committed to our promise to provide a fresh, healthy atmosphere to our guests by maintaining a 100% Smoke Free enviroment.
West Branch, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stopped on the way back to Iowa from Memphis. It was everything you could want for an overnight stay. The rooms were modern and clean and the staff friendly. The only negative thing I had was that the shower knob stripped out and I was unable to take my morning shower. We did use the whirlpool tub / shower the night before and they were great. I didn't call the desk to report the problem b/c it wasn't a big deal. I did tell them at checkout and am sure the problem was corrected immediately. I will most definitely stay again if I find myself in the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is our 3rd time in this hotel. It is very clean, comfortable, and a good value. Beds are comfortable. Nice large room with sitting area. This time I forgot to request a room in the back away from the highway, view not great but you don't hear the highway.

This hotel is very close to St. Charles historic district casino, convention center. We however took in the St. Louis Zoo one day and the Grant Farms the next day. We had our Granddaughters ( 8 & 10) with us, this is their 2nd time at this hotel. We knew it was a 14 mile drive to the attraction,but we like St. Charles and this hotel so much, we decided to stay here. The girls love walking in Historical district of St. Charles, going to all the little shops. and of course, ice cream

The pool was wonderful after a 98 degree day at the zoo. Breakfast was very nice Waffles, cerals, breads, fruit and fruit juices great not to have to stop for breakfast, just get on the road. Only not so happy times(twice), was when I requested local information from the desk clerks. I thought that was part of their job, sorry I bother them.

Room Tip: Request room in the back of the hotel away from highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!