“Disappointing stay!.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Ocala, Florida
“Disappointing stay!.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here a year ago and when we returned to the area we made this our stop... Wrong "Choice". The Inn was in the process of renovation, but that was OK. It was the shower head that did not work properly, it was the thread bare towels, (how cheap), then it was the surge of the water pressure throughout the night, and finally an inconsiderate guest who continued to rev his "wreck" in the parking lot. We left and won't return to this Choice property.

Room Tip: Thoroughly investigate the reviews, looks for service awards from the chain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
manish P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
First of all I want to thank you for taking a time to let us know about your stay. I want to apologies about your bad experience. We will be looking in to the situation to make sure we can take care of the problem.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Granite City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Came in town for my nieces wedding the hotel is very clean at first glimpse. The staff was very friendly and out going. They offer a free hot breakfast, which was surprisingly good. Very satisfying, we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
manish P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you. Hope to see you again.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel has remarkable people working it. The front desk staff were more than helpful with information and assistance when needed. The rooms were very clean, the free breakfast was hot and satisfying to all of us who traveled on the trip together. The beds were very comfortable insuring a good nights sleep. Linens and bedding clean.

Room Tip: Rooms were all very good no matter which side or where you stayed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you.
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This place although on a main highway intersection it is the only hotel in this area.. which came in handy when my daughter and I stayed here while we were there for a soccer tourney basically across the street from this hotel. When we checked in it was around 8 pm and there was one person behind counter. Just happened to luck out and get in before the rest of the crowd that came in behind us. I booked online and should've gotten right in with proof presented to counter person of my confirmation but it still took 15 minutes or so. Once we got to our room it was very clean and cozy. A/c and heater worked very well. Good selection of channels on the TV. There are a couple restaurants in the strip center in front of hotel within walking distance. Don't forget around 9 pm they do offer chocolate chip cookies in the dining area for free! Overall it was a good 3 day stay. Checkout was a Tad longer than check in and watch out for hidden safe usage charges. We didn't use it but it was on the bill as if we did? ??
Good luck out there!

• Stayed October 2012
manish P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your time in letting us know about your stay.
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

While the room is clean and up to date, this place has its problems. When we arrived at 10 p.m. the front desk was unmanned, telling us to dial "0". When we did, the phone gave a busy signal. Trying again, it rang somewhere for 5 minutes with nobody ever answering. It was like that commercial for Ally financial where it tell you to ask the blender for help! Finally after 10 minutes, a person showed up and checked us in. The internet was glacially slow, making it tough to write this review. I could not download simple documents. So while the room was okay, the finer points of management are being missed here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
manish P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectaions. I will make sure I talk to that front desk person and make sure train them properly, so when you come back to visit us again you won't have to face this issue again.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here because I wanted my 5-year old daughter to have one last swim for the season. The pool was ok; though I did have concerns that I didn't smell any chlorine, which made me wonder how long it had been since the last people swam or the hotel paid attention to the pool.

The bed was comfortable and I like that the room had a microwave. I was disappointed in the room because I expected more of a real separated room kind of suite. I should have paid more attention to the photos. it was one room with a short counter between the sitting and sleeping areas. For the price, it was fine.

By the way, I found out gas was cheaper going the opposite way on that main road than it was across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Muscadine, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for a night because I was in town on business. This was the hotel my company used. The whole experience was nice from the warm greeting from Mary at the front desk to the fresh hot baked chocolate chip cookies and milk. The rooms are very nice and updated with nice push beds. The decor was very modernized. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!