“Not Your Best Run Hote;” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Madison, Wisconsin
“Not Your Best Run Hote;”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

While the room is clean and up to date, this place has its problems. When we arrived at 10 p.m. the front desk was unmanned, telling us to dial "0". When we did, the phone gave a busy signal. Trying again, it rang somewhere for 5 minutes with nobody ever answering. It was like that commercial for Ally financial where it tell you to ask the blender for help! Finally after 10 minutes, a person showed up and checked us in. The internet was glacially slow, making it tough to write this review. I could not download simple documents. So while the room was okay, the finer points of management are being missed here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
manish P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectaions. I will make sure I talk to that front desk person and make sure train them properly, so when you come back to visit us again you won't have to face this issue again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here because I wanted my 5-year old daughter to have one last swim for the season. The pool was ok; though I did have concerns that I didn't smell any chlorine, which made me wonder how long it had been since the last people swam or the hotel paid attention to the pool.

The bed was comfortable and I like that the room had a microwave. I was disappointed in the room because I expected more of a real separated room kind of suite. I should have paid more attention to the photos. it was one room with a short counter between the sitting and sleeping areas. For the price, it was fine.

By the way, I found out gas was cheaper going the opposite way on that main road than it was across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Muscadine, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for a night because I was in town on business. This was the hotel my company used. The whole experience was nice from the warm greeting from Mary at the front desk to the fresh hot baked chocolate chip cookies and milk. The rooms are very nice and updated with nice push beds. The decor was very modernized. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stay at this hotel about two times a month. I consistently stay here because of the value and the cleanliness. Plenty of pillows on the beds, and flat screen TV's in all the rooms. It has a nice modern feel with a decent breakfast in the morning. Some rooms have better shower heads than others, which should be a future upgrade.

• Stayed July 2012
Wichita, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Check in went smooth. They said I could use secure door on the north to enter. Door was not secure. Totally unlocked. No air conditioning in the halls. Room was spacious. Turned on the ac and some nondescript odor emitted. Chair had tears on the arm. Tried to connect to the wireless internet but could not. I called the front desk and they suggested I step into the hall to connect. That worked, but I lost the connection once I reentered the room. The ac did not create enough white noise to mask the highway traffic so I resorted to turning on the bathroom exhaust fan. Breakfast was OK. I went to the front desk to check out (no express checkout) and get a receipt. No one there. I used the phone provided to call the number they said would page an employee. No answer. I rang the bell on the counter. No answer. I went ahead and packed the car and came to the front desk. Still no one there. The phone had been removed. I rang the bell and no one came. I went around to the breakfast area and saw the breakfast hostess coming to the front desk. Apparently she pulls double duty. Finally got my receipt and left, never to return again.

Room Tip: Try Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Hotel features a spacious indoor pool and an outdoor pool, fitness center. The morning medley breakfast is free and includes hard boiled eggs, belgian waffles, fresh fruit, assorted cereals, pastries, breads, bagels, muffins with juice and maxwell house coffee. Enjoy the morning newspaper. All rooms include hair dryers, coffee makers, iron/board, cable tv, hbo and am/fm clock radio. Guest laundry facilities are also available. Free WI-FI in all room and public area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Rooms and staff were great. They do need some updates but were told that they would be done in Feb. 2012. It was quite and close to St. Louis to do things but far enough out that it was quiet and easy to get to. Staff did a great job to make you welcome nice coments when you walked in and left. Breakfast was ok but ran out of milk and gravy looked old but otherwise it was as good as any other. This is close to shopping and many things to do and the rate was great as well. A must and will be a much better value when the updates are done. Do check them out

Room Tip: Upper room and in back are very quiet and peacefull
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!