“AWESOME PLACE WONDERFUL STAFF!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Cuba, Missouri
“AWESOME PLACE WONDERFUL STAFF!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We had stayed at the sleepinn for two nights. I was told the motel was older, but I thought it looked new. New bedding, towels, & flat screens. Beds were comfy and room was exceptionally clean. Had indoor and out door pools which were sparkling clean, work out facility with new equiptment as well as cookies and milk at night time! Breakfast had waffles and biscuits and gravy it was excellent. Also in great location (walking distance to 2 bars) a block away from just about everything. The owner in which I got to meet was great and really takes care of the place. And last but not least the staff was phenominal. Will stay here every time I'm in st. charles. THANKS SLEEP INN!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were weary from a long day of driving and made the terrible mistake of going to this place and checking in before looking at the rooms. We unloaded our whole car complete with baby gear only to check into two of the worst rooms I have ever seen or smelled! We promptly asked for our money back and left. The rooms were dingy and run-down. The carpet was almost stained black in some places and the sheets and mattress were really stained. The door frame in one of our rooms was practically falling off. I definately did not feel safe! But the worst thing of all was the smell-they were supposed to be non-smoking rooms but they totally reaked of smoke and god only knows what else! It smelled like they sprayed an entire can of air freshener to cover it up. And there were lots of flies in the one of the rooms. I know this is budget lodging, but seriously! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before and did not have a problem, however I made a reservation for Friday 5/20/2011. Drove to the hotel and was waiting for the clerk to check me in when I spot my check in information including my name, address and the room number laying on the counter where everyone walking in the hotel could pick up the check in documents. These documents were in my name and clearly showed that I was a female and have my home address and room number. When I asked to speak with the manager I was given some woman who told me it was perfectly alright that she left that information on the counter, because it didn't have my complete credit card number on it. I did not check in and will not do buisness with a hotel that is so careless with their clients info.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

The room was spotless and quiet. Would stay here again for sure. We used this as a stop off point when traveling to Northwest Mo.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Miltonvale, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We had only stayed in a Sleep Inn once before this stay but that was a brand new one in Parsons Kansas. So I thought we would have a nice stay at this one as well....I was wrong. The young night clerk could not help me with a reservation problem so I was told to talk to the morning clerk. The next morning I waited and waited by the front desk and finally the clerk showed up. This gave me the impression that this Sleep Inn was understaffed. We fixed part of the reservation problem after I called Choice Hotel customer service. Then we went to breakfast. There was nothing left. 1/2 hour before breakfast was supposed to be closed and there were no waffle mix, no coffee, no bread for toast etc. The lobby seemed a little shabby but the room was clean and I liked the walk-in shower.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
kansas city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband's band played NYE 2008 at a club in St Charles and the bar booked rooms for the band and wives at this hotel. I read the TripAdvisor reviews before we left and was horrified at the descriptions given and almost backed out of going on the trip. So NOT the case with our stay. The hotel lobby & halls were clean, front desk was very friendly, breakfast was yummy and plentiful. Our bed linens & towels were fresh and crisp, carpet was clean, shower and bathroom spotless. Nice indoor pool and hot tub, vending machines and free ice. Our fridge didn't work, there was a slight "smoking" smell in our non-smoking room and the dresser drawers didn't close properly, but this is not a high-end hotel nor does it claim to be. I would definitely stay here again and would feel totally comfortable bringing my children. All in all a good experience and didn't deserve the prior reviews (unless management has changed since then).

• Liked — Breakfast - biscuts and gravy were very good
  • Disliked — Slight smell of cigarette smoke in non-smoking room, but just slight
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Our soccer team had a block of rooms reserved at this hotel. When I tried to check in early, the front desk was in panic mode - someone didn't show up - and was handing out rooms as soon as they were clean. When I finally got my room later in the afternoon, it was a single bed (couldn't tell if it was a double or queen) and the phone was no where to be found. Although we had reserved a block of non-smoking, 2 queen bed rooms, they didn't honor this. They only had smoking rooms left, so I was left without a room. I had to leave the hotel and ended up booking last minute at the Drury Inn (which was wonderful). The Sleep Inn had several rooms that had wet carpet (that they still tried to book) and one of our friends had dirty sheets (blood). Although I understand that problems do arise, the management staff did not respond appropriately. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!