“Great Value for the Money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place St. Louis (St Charles)

Save Saved
You added Value Place St. Louis (St Charles) to your Saves list
Value Place St. Louis (St Charles)
2100 Old Hwy 94 S, Old Hwy 94 near I-70 (exit 228), Saint Charles, MO 63303   |
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great Value for the Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had to find a temporary place to stay after the contract I was on had completed early and my house wasn't ready to close yet. I stayed there for about a month and a half. The hotel is in a safe area and is maintained very well. You have to have a key card to get into the guest areas and all the room entry is from within the secure guest area, instead of outside, like other chains. The room has everything you would expect for an extended stay and the place is QUIET, which was important to me. While true they don't provide dishware, you can bring your own or purchase a set from the hotel. The internet is fast too, which is important to me since it's part of my job.

I can't say enough about the Staff there at Value Place. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I had some outpatient surgery scheduled in Saint Charles and found out I couldn't drive after the surgery, so I asked Claire, the manager, if it were possible I could get a ride to the hospital which was about 10 miles away. Without hesitation she arranged a ride for me, which was a huge help. All the staff, from Housekeeping to Maintenance to Management were very helpful.

If I ever need a place to stay for a week or more, I will be staying here. I actually miss the place already!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Property M, General Manager at Value Place St. Louis (St Charles), responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much! Wonderful guest compliments like yours, help to remind us of what is important and that is to provide outstanding customer service and a clean and safe environment! Please remember us if you should ever have a need for long or short term stay in the future or for visiting family or friends!

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Charles, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just got here and glad I only rented for one week. It is an efficiency without any efficiency. Not one pot,pan, dish, cup, bowl, spoon, fork or knife. The veneer is peeling of the fronts of the flimsy cabinets. The entire place has a very nasty medicinal/pesticide smell. No table or wall lamps like a normal place. There is light under the microwave but the wired into the same circuit as the ceiling light. Turn those off and your completely in the dark. That is icing on the cake. I want to sit in bed in read, I have to leave the lights blaring. Rather than a comfortable bed this thing is like built on a board so they can put like baskets under it. The sign says they do housekeeping only every 2 weeks. My god for not much more I can rent a hotel room and get fresh sheets and towels every day. Oh yeah, no wifi, they only have the wall jacks. That is really inconvenient for modern people that have laptops. The place just give me the creeps. The floor do not seem to be concrete. So they creak. It is only 3 years old and feels, looks, smells and sounds older than that. Disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I am sorry that our economy class style hotel arrangements did not meet your expectations. If I had been contacted sooner I would have reached out and remedied all of your concerns immediately as is true of our outstanding customer sevice reputation. I do hope the immediate upgrade of the new oak cabinets were to your liking as well. Please reconsider giving us a second chance so that we may reinforce our efforts to make each stay clean and comfortable.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently stayed here a week to sightsee around St. Louis. It was a little ways from Downtown, but compared to prices, this was fabulous! For $250 which included tax and internet, I got an extremly clean, quiet, safe, friendly place to stay. I had originally asked for a non smoking, then changed at the last minute and the room had no smell, whatsoever. I had gone up while she was cleaning and she had the ac taken apart, frig pulled out and was actually doing a heavy cleaning. Usually in this extended stay places there is a certain riff raff that these places attract. Everyone including staff and other guest were very nice, very pleasant, quiet. I enjoyed talking with several other guest on more than 1 occassion. It's a very safe place to stay, good area, several restaurants in area, Ameristar casino less than 2 miles away. Laundry room onsite, although they need more laundry cards. One per room should be available. Bed was very comfortable. Internet is Ethernet and cables were limited. Wish they would switch to wireless Plenty to do in St. Charles. My friend and I enjoyed our stay very much, enjoyed talking with Clair, Larry and other staff. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Thanks!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, but maybe not next to laundry room or elevator. We were on 3rd floor, end. Was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Property M, General Manager at Value Place St. Louis (St Charles), responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for the amazing comment, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Value Place St. Charles!
St Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been here since December 2011 and will stay until October 2012. I am 60 yo and have stayed all around the world with staffs that meet your needs for each stay. The staff here is friendly, helpful and the prices are very competitive. The facilities are kept to the the highest standards and are some of the best in this area. My complete complements to Claire Humphrey, her staff and the organization for doing a fine job, helping me while I'm here for a period of time, for being cheerful and doing the right things in each case. Again my hat off to the staff, Value Place (St. Charles, MO) and the great experience!!

Don Whitson

Room Tip: Chose Value Place!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Property M, General Manager at Value Place St. Louis (St Charles), responded to this review, July 30, 2012
It is nice know that we are meeting your needs for cleanliness and safety! We take pride in our hotel and hope you continue to enjoy your stay while you are here. As always we value your input and appreciate hearing that we are meeting your expectations!
Willow Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed more than a month on business, and it's been a typical economical extended-stay hotel. Not fancy, but fairly quiet and not run-down.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I am glad to hear your stay with us was comfortable while you were here. Thank you for your positive response we appreciate it very much!
Florissant, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Hotel is very clean and fresh. Nice space for kitchen items but lacks counter space. Last time we stayed we had a folding table with us. Made a huge difference. One big complaint is that beds are hard. Again, last time we had the egg crate mattress topper with us and it made a huge difference. You also need to know that no kitchen supplies are provided. You have to bring all your own dishes,, pans, coffee maker, soap, etc. For a long term stay, it is a great place. For short term, too much trouble to haul the extras.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Property M, General Manager at Value Place St. Louis (St Charles), responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your valued input regarding your stay at Value Place. Your continued patronage is very much appreciated and as always we will continue to strive for improvements along the way.
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The Value Place in St. Charles, MO is unlike any other hotel. The place is clean, the location is great, and best of all...the staff is EXCELLENT. They are always happy to see you, and are 'over-the-top' ready to help you (Deena & Scott to name just 2) in any way they can. They really make you feel at home because they really do want you to be confortable!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Property M, General Manager at Value Place St. Louis (St Charles), responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for such a positive review. The team at the St. Charles Value Place always tries to remember that "People go where they're invited and return where they're made to feel welcome." Wonderful guest compliments like yours, help to remind us of what is important and that is to provide outstanding customer service and a clean and safe environment!

C. Humphrey / General Manager

Been to Value Place St. Louis (St Charles)? Share your experiences!