“Very Nice room but the pillows were terrible” 4 of 5 stars

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Nice room but the pillows were terrible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Had a really good time and rooms are very nice- only thing that was terrible was only 3 small pillows on the bed and they were terrible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Front Office Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a good time during your stay with us. We do apologize that the pillows did not meet your satisfaction. Our goal is ensure every Guest enjoys a comfortable visit. We will use your feedback to evaluate the comfort of our beds.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
cmhnola2001
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Had the pleasure of staying two nights at the Ameristar. The room was spacious and the bathroom was off da chain! The spa was very nice, basically had it to ourselves.

Two recommendations: 24 hour room service would have been great and the concierge needs FULL use of the interent (I wanted to check an entertainment listing, but the hotel has it blocked to restrict employees' usage).

Shout out to my boy from Oakland...thanks for your help!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our Four Diamond facility and appreciate your great feedback about our property. We will review your recommendations and use the information to evaluate the level of Guest services we offer.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Farmington, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

We stay at this all-suite hotel whenever we take a short trip to the St. Louis area to go to a casino. The reception desk employees are always very helpful and the room is always very clean. The surroundings are high quality. Most of the views from all of the rooms either overlook the bridge and river or the city of St. Charles. It is close to the charming St. Charles downtown area and a Bass Pro Shop. Although a car would be necessary for either. It has easy access on and off Highway 70. We usually don't win at the casino; but the rooms are always first class.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments posted on Trip Advisor. Our guests are our top priority and we are thrilled your expectations have been consistently met. St. Charles area is a quaint historic town with lots to do and see. It is especially charming during the holidays. The streets are decorated and there are plenty of holiday sights and smells. We hope you can visit us again soon.
Midwest Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

The hotels at the Ameristar are unbelievable! I had a basic room with a HUGE bathroom, bedroom, and sitting area. The beds were SO comfortable and the views are good no matter which side of the hotel you stay on - either a river view or a hotel/courtyard view. The rooms are so spacious and were very clean. Really enjoyed the TV in the bathroom. I was super impressed at how large the basic rooms were. The only downside is the smoking that is allowed in the casino which seeps out into the common walkways and conference center - but, luckily, this is completely separate from the hotel. Great stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I must say I did win a jackpot during my last visit. However, to start the night I ended up waiting for more than 5 minutes trying get the bartenders attention to get a drink before playing video poker. It seemed every employee in the casino looked like they were about to fall asleep or didn't want to be at work. The cleanliness in the casino was as I expected. It's hard to keep up when the people playing are throwing cigarettes on the floor and literally making a pile of coffee cups and trash while they play. Unfortunately I smoke but I know how to clean up after myself and try be polite in public. (not Ameristar's fault)
Now, I was in a very good mood after doing quite well on video poker. I went to the cage to cash out and before the cashier counted me out she had the nerve to tell me that I should give her a tip! I'm sorry? I was about to tell her to take a $50 for herself but as soon as she said that...nevermind. I didn't even respond and quietly left. It left such a bad impression that I haven't been back since. They have been sending me more than $100 in slot play a month and multiple hotel offers and I still won't go back. Keep it. One persons lack of common sense has cost you my business.

• Stayed January 2010
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Front Office Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 17, 2010
I’m sorry I was unable to reach you to speak with you directly but I wanted to extend our apologies for the experiences you had in our casino. I can assure you that your feedback has been passed to the appropriate leadership and your concerns are promptly being addressed. Our goal here at Ameristar is to always exceed our guest’s expectations and we must thank you for your invaluable feedback. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I needed a room for not only myself but also for my brother and his wife who came from Alabama to spend a few days in Illinois with me, Scott Dietz was very hospitable and made sure we were taken care of.The rooms were fabulous, very clean and comfortable. The view from the 23rd floor was great and had all the amenities a person could want. Food service was very very good and I would recommend Ameristar St Charles to every one traveling or just visiting for a little fun and relaxation.
[------]

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Ameristar for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We went to check in at 5:00pm and was told our room would not be available for another 30 minutes. We were told that check in was at 3pm. The receptionist at the desk was not considerate and told us to wait over there and they would call us when it was ready or go to the bar. We told her we were not dressed properly to go to the bar because we figured we could get ready in the room for our night out. We asked to speak to a supervisor which was not granted. A few minutes later the receptionist gave my wife two keys in an envelope but not the room number. When my wife asked her what room we were in the receptionist replied "It's written inside the envelope". We got to the room and noticed we did not have enough towels. We requested from room service three separate occasions for towels and after 3 calls and 5 hours later we received them. We left messages for a supervisor to call us but they never did. We were told someone would get in touch. It has been 4 days since our stay and no one has called. While the rooms are very nice, they are expensive and the treatment by the employee(s) was unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Front Office Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and provide feedback on your experience while at our hotel. Guest service is extremely important to us and we have used your feedback from our conversation to revise our processes to insure improvement.

Again, we appreciate you and hope to see you again in the future.

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Managment
3.5 of 5 stars 370 reviews
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!