I don't know where to start, but I'll offer up some thoughts for those who consider making the mistake of staying at this hotel.
Yes, the rooms were nice and the hotel had a full array of services including multiple restaurants, spa, etc. If these are the only things important to you, then pay the above average price and stay.
On the other hand, I have been traveling for years and have stayed in everything from one stars through the worlds finest properties.
The first night I decided to order room service. The phone rang over 50 times before the phone rolled over and I was told by the person on the other end that "the person responsible should be around". Without trying to help track this individual down, I was transfered back to the same extension. The phone rang forever. I put the phone down, waited five minutes and tried again. This time I was successful. After ordering from a verbal menu (the room service menu in the room was not current), I was told the order would take 30 minutes. After an hour, I decided to call to check on my order. I was told that the "cook made a mistake with the order and they would have to start over....It will be 15 minutes....." They then hung up on me with out an apology or a partial credit to accomodate the delay. The food did come within the new time. Again, no apology, explanation, etc. I was hungry. I wanted to go to sleep. These things happen from time to time.
Upon waking up (early), I called the front desk for a extended checkout. The checkout time was 11 AM and posted and I wanted to checkout at noon. In speaking with the first person I contacted at the front desk, I was told that "they had extended all the late checkouts that they could". Not only was the individual rude, but the night before I was told by the front desk that the hotel was relatively empty. I asked politely to speak with her manager as I had my young son with me and I needed the extra hour to pack, arrange my schedule, etc. Upon speaking with the supervisor, I was told, again that "no more extensions were being given....". I subsequently shared my experience from the night before, presented my reasons for the hour extension and asked again for the late check out. With that, she yelled at me and said "Fine" and hung up on me. At this point, I didn't care. I just wanted to get my day started.
The poor service wasn't limited to the front desk, room service and management only. My wife spend a couple of hours at the casino the first not. Not only did she lose, but she wasn't waited on and the floor waitress in the area ignored her and the others gambling in the same section. The casino, like the hotel was empty.
I would consider one of these events as one time events. I understand that "things happen", "people have a bad day", etc. These were not events, but key indicators of a hotel on the decline. I will never stay at this property again, not would I reommend this property to my colleagues or employees that travel to St. Louis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles