“Nice relaxing couple of days” 5 of 5 stars

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
St. Louis,MO
“Nice relaxing couple of days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Gorgeous rooms. Nice and relaxing pool. Really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel is indeed lovely. However, check-in is 3pm, and we arrived at 3:40 to be told our room was not ready (it was clean but had not been inspected yet), and to "go do something else for a while." We'd been hiking and were tired & wanted to freshen up, but no dice. The clerk printed directions to a nearby restaurant, but they were outdated as there is now a gas station there. We drove around and found another place, ate, and returned to the hotel to be told the room still was not ready. No apology or solution was offered. I had to ask that they find us a room that WAS ready because we were not going to wander around anymore. By the time we checked in it was after 5:30 pm. The room had no whirlpool tub, as I had been told when I booked. It was not properly stocked and we had to call down and request toilet paper. The complimentary newspaper never materialized. The pool looked nice, but since we could not check in until so much later, we had no time to use it. With no pool and no whirlpool, this place offered us nothing that the Embassy Suites down the road doesn't have, for a lot less $ -- and Embassy suites throws in a free breakfast and evening manager's reception. We chose to spend more on Ameristar since we were celebrating our anniversary and thought we'd splurge and feel pampered, and we ended up feeling cheated. They treated us like we just didn't matter. If I am going to spend this much on a hotel, I expect better. Heck, even at a cheap hotel, I expect to be able to check in at check-in time, and I expect management to make it right when they are unable to accommodate guests as promised.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, February 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize that your experience at our property did not exceed your expectations. We can assure you that we appreciate your feedback and have focused on making improvements to address the concerns you have brought to our attention. . We hope that you will allow us a second chance in the future to provide a better guest experience. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I LOVED this hotel. I had absolutely no complaints. Everything was perfect. The decor is very trendy. The housekeeping staff is very good at their jobs. Since it's a casino, the rates for such a great room are really good. I think it cost us about $110 a night. I really wanted to go to the spa, but it was $85/person minimum. =/
But, of course, it's connected to the casino and there are several places to eat in the building. They also have a bakery, a few bars/clubs to hang out in, and an arcade.
I highly recommend staying here, even if you're not going to the casino. The place is huge!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I was very surprised when my husband and I arrived at the hotel. When I first walked into the lobby area there was a strange smell that initally turned me off, but I found out it was the smell from the Mississippi River. I never smelled it again the entire stay. The hotel and the rooms were immaculate. I have a lot of phobias when traveling and this hotel is one that I would definetely stay in again. The room is spacious and the bathroom is HUGE! The only negatives I would say is the size of the closet if you are staying for a while and the TV in the bathroom had to much glare. You couldn't see the screen well. Other than that I say BOOK THIS HOTEL IT WILL NOT DISPLEASE YOU!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

This place is incredible. The rooms are very Vegas Venetian with a step down living room with large flatscreen TV, couch, coffee table and chairs. You can have a view of the river or of the 5th floor pool area. Very nice. The bedroom area was uber comfy with another large flat screen TV, great mattress and pillows. The bathroom was huge with tub, seperate stand up shower, two sinks, separate toilet area and another TV. Yes, I had them all on during the Federer/Roddick match at Wimbledon. The service here is amazing. I left a bag there, and they mailed it to me for free. Nice workout room with Cardio Theater machines. All in all, a great stay.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ballwin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

My daughter just got married at Ameristar in the conference center. The conference center staff was wonderful! But then things went sour as soon as my daughter tried to check in. The so called supervisor Dasha was so rude to myself and my whole family. I will tell everyone I know to not go to Ameristar as long as she is working there. she turned a whole situation from something that could of been easily resolved into an explosive argument. She raised her voice at us first. I know it sounds like I am whining but on someones wedding day it is one of the most important days a couple will ever have aside from children of course!

Ameristar hotel will need to spruce up their management before we will ever come back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I was walking around playing diffferent slots, not paying attention how much I had on my ticket. I went up to this aisle, not a soul was in it while I was walking up to this row of slot machines.

I picked out one, put my card in, put my ticket in, hit something but while it was ringing up, this strange old lady came up to me and said I left my 10 dollars on that machine you owe me 10 dollars, I told her I had no idea if it was on there or not, I wouldnt have a way of knowing and her card wasnt in the machine, She said she was way over there playing and just remembered it. I told her I was sorry that happened but didnt have the cash to give her and wasnt sure I had her 10 dollars.
The next thing I knew she called security and told him, he told him there wasnt much jhe could do hard to say who played the machine after her. But she started screaming I stole her 10 dollars. I just walked off, then went back to find my mother in law and husband, in a wheelchair and sit down to play one,. This man came up to me and said my name and had that same old lady beside him. He said we checked the computer and your card was the next card in the machine after hers you owe her 15,. 20 I said what. I said what about the people that came after h er that dont use the card he said we have no way ot track ing that. So pay her the 15 dolalrs. So I did ,. while she said she stole she stole it.

Keep in mind there are other casinoes in that town, just across the river, I dontneed some scan artist getting money out of me,. This man didnt have a badge or any ID on either, I just got tired of it gave him the 15 dollars and he said heres your money to her,

Guess she went to hit on someone else later and then he will come up with the same story. IF they can only go by your card, how about the people they dont have comp cards or someone could have just cashed it out.

I thought it was interesting the SCAM COUPLE going on at that AMERISTAR CASINO,.
BEWARE there are CROOks EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! I told all my friends and family the story and said What a scam that couple had going. They will stick to Harrahs or the new casion by the ARch.

They agree no one looks at that tiny slot where the money you have in the machine is highlighted when you walk up to any machine. They agree its amazing she didnt claim she had money left in it until I won something and only when it was going off she came up distracted me so I didnt even know what I hit.

WATCH OUR FOR THE SCAM ARTIST AT AMERISTAR CASINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!