“Nice hotel, it was fun to go gamble and go to ameristar clubs and then not have to drive home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles

You added Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles to your Saves list
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very pretty in the lobby area. Rooms were nice and clean. Pool was nice as well.
If your wanting to be right in the action of Saint Louis this is not the place. It's a nice 25 minute drive from downtown. If your wanting to just gamble and go to the resturants/ clubs in Ameristar then this is the perfect hotel.
We went for a bachelorette party and had a great time!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I instantly loved this hotel and booked it right away, I'am very happy to be staying there for my first time and enjoy my vavction. However I'am dissapointed that on the expedia website it has shown Ameristar to be within 10 minutes and "walking distance" of Busch Stadium. I didn't realize it was actually 30 mins away until after booking a room and I couldn't cancel my reservation anymore. I was looking for hotels near Busch Stadium since I have planned my whole trip around a Cardinals game I have booked. This hotel popped up on my search, though the distance I'am looking forward to staying here. I do suggest removing the false information for future guest. Thanks!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I travel to St. Louis frequently for business and had never stayed at the Ameristar due to the hotel being sold out. After a two night stay, I've found my St. Louis hotel. From check in to check out, it was top notch. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating and my room was absolutely beautiful. Very clean and comfortable with all the amenities that I need to work in my room. The hotel is convenient to the interstates and the airport. I'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
We couldn't be more happy to hear this, Ms TravelDiva! I'm glad you had a successful visit and we are excited to host you again next year. Thanks for sharing your experience and for being our guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have to say that of all the hotels in our area this is the best!
Even though we only live about ten minutes away from it, if I want a relaxing night to myself I stay at the Ameristar as a treat. The suits are lovely with marble bathrooms that have a large bath with a separate shower unit from which you can watch a flat screen tv.
The bedroom area is roomy and again a flat screen tv. Then you have a lower level sitting area, some of which overlook the river and has a tv.
The pool area is the best. You have a large heated indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub inside and one outside. So nice to swim on your back looking up at the sky and its snowing!!!
If I am really treating my self they have a wonderful spa where you can have just about any treatment from nails to message.
I stay here a least a couple of times a year and love it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Always a good thing when you can treat yourself, we all need that sometimes. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was our second stay at Ameristar. We requested the same room on the 15th floor. Room was large, 2 queen beds plus a sunken living room with sofa, chair, table and chairs. Room was clean and had a microwave and refrigerator. View was great. Check-in was efficiently and courteously handled.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your stay with us Joesph! I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with us enjoying those perks that come along with our rooms. Hopefully soon, we can look forward to seeing you again. Thanks so much for being our guest and for sharing your review.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was in St Louis visiting colleges and decided to try the Ameristar for one night. Have been to Vegas many times along with a few non-LV casinos and I was pleasantly surprised at the Ameristar St Charles.

First of all, the hotel itself was really top notch. I had a Deluxe King Suite and it was surprisingly spacious, clean, nice bathroom amenities, two TVs. It was not very crowded so check in took no longer than 5 mins, bed was comfortable. Did not have much more interaction with staff but seemed courteous enough.

The casino itself was ok, Smoking always a problem but that's just how casinos are. Was glad to see there were more than just one or two crap tables since that is what I play mostly. Of course they try to replicate the Vegas casino feel but the attempts fall short without the size and scale of the Wynn, Bellagio, MGM etc. The dealers were all polite, efficient and friendly which is important for the overall gaming experience. For a local casino I was decently pleased overall and would probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We're so happy to hear you had such a great stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you next time, hopefully soon :)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I booked a king non-smoking room the morning of my stay. Upon arriving about 8 hours later, they only had (2) queen non-smoking rooms. I did not mind since I was by myself on business. I could see this being more of a problem if circumstances were different.

The rooms are very much like the Venetian rooms in Vegas. The bathroom has a separate shower and tub, two sinks, television and small room for the water closet. You then step into the bed area with dresser and television. Past the beds you step down into a living room area with couch, extra seating, and another television. The décor is dark and modern with a very relaxing feel.

Not all of the restaurants are open every evening. After a little bit of gambling, the buffet and sports bar were my only options. I chose the buffet for speed and was pleasantly surprised. Even though it was near closing and most of the food was likely prepared hours before, it all was fresh, visually appetizing and well prepared. I do not usually partake in buffets but enjoyed this one.

I pretty much played craps most of the evening so I cannot comment on the other gaming. It is a very large casino. They offered 10X odds which is much better than most Vegas casinos. I did manage to find one $5 minimum table with another $10 minimum regular table and $10 minimum crap-less table. I live in Kansas City and know that Missouri allows smoking in their casinos. There appears to be more people that enjoy smoking in St. Louis. It did bother me most of the evening.

If I weren't traveling alone, there was and indoor and outdoor pool, arcade and spa that would interest my family. I am not sure I would bring them here just from the smoke and the possibility of a room reassignment. The rooms are very nice but a little on the pricey side.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!