I booked a king non-smoking room the morning of my stay. Upon arriving about 8 hours later, they only had (2) queen non-smoking rooms. I did not mind since I was by myself on business. I could see this being more of a problem if circumstances were different.
The rooms are very much like the Venetian rooms in Vegas. The bathroom has a separate shower and tub, two sinks, television and small room for the water closet. You then step into the bed area with dresser and television. Past the beds you step down into a living room area with couch, extra seating, and another television. The décor is dark and modern with a very relaxing feel.
Not all of the restaurants are open every evening. After a little bit of gambling, the buffet and sports bar were my only options. I chose the buffet for speed and was pleasantly surprised. Even though it was near closing and most of the food was likely prepared hours before, it all was fresh, visually appetizing and well prepared. I do not usually partake in buffets but enjoyed this one.
I pretty much played craps most of the evening so I cannot comment on the other gaming. It is a very large casino. They offered 10X odds which is much better than most Vegas casinos. I did manage to find one $5 minimum table with another $10 minimum regular table and $10 minimum crap-less table. I live in Kansas City and know that Missouri allows smoking in their casinos. There appears to be more people that enjoy smoking in St. Louis. It did bother me most of the evening.
If I weren't traveling alone, there was and indoor and outdoor pool, arcade and spa that would interest my family. I am not sure I would bring them here just from the smoke and the possibility of a room reassignment. The rooms are very nice but a little on the pricey side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles