“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nice casino visited on my Birthday they give you a big set of beads. Grabbed something to eat at Ameristar sports bar good food and lots of big screens great for watching NCAA games. Did not stay at the Hotel only visited the Casino.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife who is 4 months pregnant and I have been going to Ameristar for years and thought we would go again for our 5 year anniversary. We aren't big time gamblers, but like the hotel and restaurants so we were expecting another nice stay, and everything was going as planned, but that quickly changed as we started walking around the complex. The first thing was that the diner was closed okay that’s fine we will try the sports bar wrong okay the seafood place wrong again. We knew the other restaurants were closed because of Sunday limiting the options but now everything was closed except the buffet. We went to the front desk and just quickly asked is everything going to be closed, and answer was "yes" not sorry for the inconvenience just "yes"! I told my wife that is fine we will see when we get to the room we can order room service before we go to the casino, well, closed due to weather. At this point I am little upset about having no options available to us and called the front desk to check out after 45 minutes. The front desk agent answers and I ask if we can check out, to my surprise not why are you checking out just "okay." I asked would we be charged the 129. 00 room rate for this, and this time I don't get quick answer I get put on hold. After about 7 or 8 minutes she gets back on the line telling me no charge which is one good thing. My wife is very upset at this time, and I even asked is there anything can be done like lower room rate and again quick answer "no". When we brought our keys down to the front desk my wife now goes to talk to the front desk and asks for a supervisor which this takes about 15 minutes for her to arrive. I am so upset at this point I walk away leaving my wife to talk to the supervisor which quickly puts my wife into tears because of the cold and inconsiderate front desk. After all of this the reason for all the outlets being closed is that they are running on half-staff, and basically tough deal with it. Long story short went down the road were everything was open at this Casino (snow must have been much worse a mile away at Ameristar), and had a great time lost money oh well, but had a good time. Ameristar train your staff and lose the attitude, and it make me glad that I am an assistant producer for a local radio show so I can have some material to have my guys talk about on air. Have your social media person ready to figure out which station I work for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I am so sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. We want all of our guests to receive welcoming service and what you describe certainly does not meet our standard. I have reached out to the property management team on your behalf. Thank you for visiting our property and we sure do hope to have you back.
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very large rooms and beautiful view of the river. Feels very luxurious. The bathroom is unbelievable, spa tub. The bathroom is almost as big as most bedrooms. Pool area is very large as well as a large outdoor pool area. Very nice for the family. Well worth it.

• Stayed February 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Let me start with overall the 1 night stay was a nice visit. I was working a couple hours away from the STL airport and had a morning flight out to come home. Did my driving the evening before and stayed at Ameristar. Casino was nice, meal at the buffet was fine.

Upon check in I had an issue, the room price at the desk was not the price I remembered from when I booked several weeks earlier. I mentioned the rate did not sound right and intended to go back when I had the exact number from the reservation email. Went up to the room and booted computer. Lo and behold the email showed a reservation but where the room rate should have been inserted was blank. My recommendation - if the room rate is not on your email - call the hotel. Not calling seems to get you the rack rate.

Room Tip: No room tips to offer. Evening into night was spent in the casino and I was asleep within 3 minutes...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were coming for a meeting that was scheduled at this facility. We reserved a non smoking king room. We arrived at the hotel at 3:30pm on Sunday (2/16). There was a line to check in. When we finally got up to the desk to check in, rooms were not ready. The reservation was wrong, hotel said we were to have two queen beds, but my reservation confirmation said king. At that point our question as to why so many people were "camped out in the lobby" had been answered. We were told they would call when our room was ready. Around 5:00pm we had not been contacted so we checked back with the front desk. We were given the same story we had been given an hour and a half before. We were also told it could be 9pm before our room could be ready. The two day meeting we were there for had a reception scheduled at 5:30 that night. After getting upset we were finally given a room on the twelfth floor. We got up to the room and it smelled like stale smoke and was a handicap assessable room. Which doesn't work well for us, mainly because of the closet situation with having garments to hang up. In this room they were dragging on the floor due to the placement of the bar in the closet. The next morning we called down for another room because the smell was too much for us. We were moved to the 20th floor. When I say we were moved, we gathered all of our stuff, went down to the front desk to get the new key. No offer to have our luggage taken to the new room. This room was much better, but still had a stale smell. The hallways and area around the elevators were unkept, the floors didn't look like they had been mopped or vacuumed in awhile. Very disappointed! Expected more and staff were not friendly or helpful!!

Room Tip: Put excellent on location because our two day meeting was held at this hotel. Room on the twentieth...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I am so sorry to hear this, Shelly, and apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Quality guest service and cleanliness are both top priorities for us and what you described is certainly not our standard. We do appreciate your feedback and would like to follow up with you. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your experience to Guest.Services@pnkmail.com and we'd be more than happy to get in touch with you. Thank you for visiting and we hope you give us another try.
Warriors Mark, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night during a business trip and regret not having more time to enjoy the room. By the time we got in it was almost dinner time. After dinner there was play time. After play time it was bed time. The room was quite large, as was the bathroom. The large tub was nice to soak in while watching TV on the small flat screen beside the sink. The large sitting area was a nice place to sit a read for a short time and the bed was quite comfortable. Great night sleep, just wish I had more time to enjoy the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with us. We too regret you were unable to stay longer. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest. We can't wait to see you soon again!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 1 night on January 18th. Check in was easy, and they gave me a king room, with a river view, on a high floor, which is what I requested.

The room was spacious, and super clean. It had a separate sitting area with a couch and television. The bathroom was also large with a separate tub and shower. There was also a tv in the bathroom which was a nice touch. The bed was average, not super comfortable, but it was not terrible either.

We went to the pool to hang out for a while. It is a great area. It is an indoor/outdoor combo. you could swim outside even in the winter and the pool was heated. There were two hot tubs, one inside and one outside. There were a lot of kids there but we have four kids at home so noise and commotion don't bother us. There was no drink service at the pool area.

The only restaurant we visited was the buffet. I would say it was average, nothing special, but decent food.

We visited the casino. It was large and had a Vegas feel. It wasn't very smoky which we liked. There were plenty of slots and table games, and we never had any problems finding somewhere to play even on a Saturday night. We lost money, but we had a great time in the casino.

All of the staff that we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. This was a great place to visit, and we would definitely recommend this property. We can't wait to return and maybe stay two or three nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We're so happy to hear you and your wife had such a great stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!