My husband and I stayed here for one night for our anniversary. Immediately we were impressed with the property. At check-in, we were offered a selection of a high or low floor and whether we would like a riverside room (of course we did).
After the quick and pleasant check-in process, we headed up to find a gorgeous and spacious room. The bathroom was very large, with double sinks, a separate tub and shower, and even a TV. This was excellent for me, as we were there on a Sunday and I was able to watch the afternoon football game while getting ready (even in the shower!) to head down to the casino. The rest of the room was just as nice. There was a large and comfy King bed and a large TV, and then you could step down into a living area with a couch and yet another TV. We wished we had been able to stay for more than one night, as we were not able to use all of the amenities in the time we had. The river view, while not spectacular, was a big step up from the view you get at most hotels in the area.
The pool area was nice, however, we went in the afternoon and there were a lot of rowdy kids. It probably wouldn't have been as noticeable if it had been warmer weather so we could have taken advantage of the outside portion of the pool. I did notice that they had a nice fire pit on the courtyard area around the outside part of the pool. Again, if we'd had more time, we probably would have bundled up a bit and gone out to enjoy it, but it was time for us to get ready to head to the casino for the evening.
The casino was nice, albeit a bit smoky. We only played blackjack during the evening, and we had enough luck to come out ahead for the night even after drinks. I wasn't very hungry, but my husband ordered a breakfast burrito from the deli in the upstairs area. This burrito was no joke. I think it was around $8, but it contained at least 12 strips of bacon, some sausage, cheese, and what appeared to be at least 8 eggs. It was a monster. After my husband was full, I picked at it a little bit, but we didn't even come close to finishing it. Pretty good value, if you're hungry and/or want a break from gambling.
The bartenders were nice and the drinks were not as expensive as they could have been. At the end of the evening, we decided to order a beer and take it up to the room. The bartender told us that security might make us pour it into plastic cups, which was not ideal, but we decided to chance it, and didn't have any problems.
One thing that would have been nice would have been some kind of in-room movie system. We probably would have paid for one when we returned to the room, as there was really nothing on TV, but instead we just channel surfed for a while before calling it a night.
Overall, we had a great experience and will likely return if we are able to get a decent deal on the hotel room again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles