“VERY NICE PLACE” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
“VERY NICE PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here, great rooms, beds were very comfortable, staff was very nice, and help full, the only down fall, was that I drive a motor coach (bus) and parking for it was way down in the bottom area, and the traffic in the front was absolutely terrible, cars parked were ever they want. Maybe there should be more understanding for larger vehicles, and someone to direct traffic

• Stayed September 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I’m sorry for any inconvenience. We do have designated site parking for oversized vehicles, including motor coaches and buses, on the ground level just under the bridge that leads into the porte-cochere in the front of the casino. The lanes here are marked for through traffic; any standing cars should be in the valet lane. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and hope you do return to see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very excited to go to this casino and enjoy an awesome evening with my girlfriend and her father. As this is my 1st time in St. Louise; the guard stops me to check my ID..... He clearly knows I'm old enough but decides not to let me in because I had an ID from Puerto Rico. This was not only embarrassing but also belittling. I hope this casino straightens out there staff. Puerto Rico is part of the states.

• Stayed September 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear this. We do accept IDs from Puerto Rico including driver's licenses and passports. All IDs must be damage free and legible and they must also be able to be read by our scanning system. I will forward your comments along to our security team. Again, I do apologize that your experience was not up to expectation.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was at Ameristar St. Charles for a few days because of a meeting/conference thing with work and they held it here. Personally, I loathe casinos. I don't understand the appeal of them at all - that said, I want to give this place a fair review.

The rooms are generally nice. They have this sunken living room thing going on, which is cool I suppose. The bathroom was large and well appointed and quite large. My only issue with the two rooms I was in was:
- bed linens weren't the greatest. Fairly rough and cheap feeling sheets. Cheapy feeling pillows.
- could have used a bit better dusting across the board.
- the hilariously slow way the door closes. You think it's going to all nice and smooth, but at the last minute it slams. Not really an issue (except your door always seems to be slamming) but a kind of hilarious design flaw

The staff in the lobby was nice and friendly the few times I dealt with them. The lobby is a handsome space but it reeks of chlorine from a nearby fountain.

The conference spaces were fine. We had a good support staff with the AV and event management teams. No issues there. The conference area is quite large and spacious. Snacks and meals handled by the conference area were pretty decent which is interesting because snacks and meals in the casino section were disappointing.

My main issue is the food options in the casino area. There's a sports bar (ate there twice) and a diner (also twice) - we tried to dine at the steak house they have but it closes at 9pm.
The diner and the sports bar and room service seem to have all a very similar menu - I think there are some items on all these menus; for example, the "Players Breakfast" which I assumed would be awesome, because, you know.. I'm a playa. But was the saddest eggs I'd even seen. And the saddest cold bacon and toast. The food was a struggle. There were no bright spots.
(favorite story: at the sports bar place, we were told that we couldn't sit in one section because they needed to clean that area so they wouldn't get mice. somehow, I think in restaurant management 101, that may be item #1: "don't mention mice, rats, roaches, or other vermin to customers")

Oh, and how could I forget: coffee. By the second day, I was thinking of hiring a cab to take me somewhere to get a decent cup of coffee. Lousy diner-quality coffee.

Finally, cigarette smoke. I realize it's a casino and this is something that casino-people expect, but it is insane to run into cigarette smoke indoors and in restaurants. You can't escape it. Even the non-smoking areas will get clouds of smoke floating through them. Casino-folk don't seem to mind. Bless their little hearts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for staying with us. We appreciate hearing what our guests think and I apologize if you weren't completely satisfied with your experience. I will pass your review along to our team.
missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Bottleneck Blues Bar was fun, most of the restaurants were decent for the price. Nice pool, fun casino, awesome rooms. No complaints here! Hubby & I went as a weekend getaway & had lots of fun! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Viera, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I select this facility as the host hotel for an event of 27 bicycle riders who would be riding the Katy Trail. Could not have possible selected a better location for a first impressing for my customers. Over-The-Top. The staff were great. The rooms spacious and clean. Beautiful pool area. Really, the phrase First-Class best describes this facility.
I will be booking next years event back at the Ameristar, no doubt about it.
It's ALL Good!
Bubba

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally as nice. You decide if you would rather have a pool view or a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We couldn't be more happy to hear this, Bubba! I'm glad you had a successful visit and we are excited to host you again next year. Thanks for sharing your experience and for being our guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel overlooking the Missouri River. Rooms are open spacious and very attractive. Attached to the Ameristar Casino, free valet parking, and there are four restaurants on site. I was very happy with my stay and they have an indoor outdoor pool open all year that is restricted to 18 and over after 9pm.

Room Tip: Room type king or two queens in a request only. You need to checkin early to get the room type you w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest.
Waterloo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Large, luxurious rooms (comparable to four seasons only standard room is even larger for half the price), great food, friendly staff (for the most part), fun casino, great atmosphere!!! A few clubs for nightlife, excellent choices on resuraunt types. This place has a very good vibe...my new favorite in the stl metro area! I've frequented all of them with my husband. We also travel a lot and have been to Vegas (several times in many hotel casinos), Lake Tahoe, (Harvey's), and Biloxi (Beau Ravage), Tunica (Gold Strike), and more..the Ameristar in St Charles (St Louis area) is one of my favorite. Much better then Lumiere where the staff is very rude and they suck the fun right out! Better then Hollywood, River City, and definatley the Queen. The rooms are so comfy and the beds are dreamy. Might I mention clean!
Friendliness. 4 stars
Clean. 5 stars
Comfortable. 5 stars
Luxurious. 5 stars
Great food. 5 stars
Fun! 5 stars

Thanks Ameristar, you are a class act! We can't wait to try your Black Hawk location!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3.5 of 5 stars 370 reviews
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!