“First-Class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Viera, FL
“First-Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I select this facility as the host hotel for an event of 27 bicycle riders who would be riding the Katy Trail. Could not have possible selected a better location for a first impressing for my customers. Over-The-Top. The staff were great. The rooms spacious and clean. Beautiful pool area. Really, the phrase First-Class best describes this facility.
I will be booking next years event back at the Ameristar, no doubt about it.
It's ALL Good!
Bubba

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally as nice. You decide if you would rather have a pool view or a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We couldn't be more happy to hear this, Bubba! I'm glad you had a successful visit and we are excited to host you again next year. Thanks for sharing your experience and for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel overlooking the Missouri River. Rooms are open spacious and very attractive. Attached to the Ameristar Casino, free valet parking, and there are four restaurants on site. I was very happy with my stay and they have an indoor outdoor pool open all year that is restricted to 18 and over after 9pm.

Room Tip: Room type king or two queens in a request only. You need to checkin early to get the room type you w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest.
Waterloo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Large, luxurious rooms (comparable to four seasons only standard room is even larger for half the price), great food, friendly staff (for the most part), fun casino, great atmosphere!!! A few clubs for nightlife, excellent choices on resuraunt types. This place has a very good vibe...my new favorite in the stl metro area! I've frequented all of them with my husband. We also travel a lot and have been to Vegas (several times in many hotel casinos), Lake Tahoe, (Harvey's), and Biloxi (Beau Ravage), Tunica (Gold Strike), and more..the Ameristar in St Charles (St Louis area) is one of my favorite. Much better then Lumiere where the staff is very rude and they suck the fun right out! Better then Hollywood, River City, and definatley the Queen. The rooms are so comfy and the beds are dreamy. Might I mention clean!
Friendliness. 4 stars
Clean. 5 stars
Comfortable. 5 stars
Luxurious. 5 stars
Great food. 5 stars
Fun! 5 stars

Thanks Ameristar, you are a class act! We can't wait to try your Black Hawk location!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Centralia, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and i decided to go to the Ameristar for my birthday. We got there at 11 which is hours before check in (which is at 3) and when we asked if we could check in early the staff was nice enough to set us up with a room that was ready for us even though it was so early. When checked in and went to our room to find that it was Beautiful and very Clean!
So since it was sooo early we went to the pool to swim. it was also very Clean and well kept. A security guard at the pool stricked up some conversation and informed me that I could get birthday beads from the Star Rewards Desk on my way to the casino. ( they are bead you wear so that everyone knows its your birthday! Really fun!) So after getting my beads and entering the casino to about a million 'Happy Birthdays' we started to play some slots. Now this was a Tuesday which ment that it wasnt too busy which was great because we could play any slot with a very short wait. About dinner time we went to the Landmark buffet. OMG the food was great and tasty. The people were soo nice and would talk to you. Well when me and my hubby were almost done eating one of the men from the buffet brought out a gorgeous plate with HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILE wrote one it. ( my names Gail but i guess i have an accent LOL) I almost cried i was soooo Happy that they would do something sooo nice for me on their own.
When check out time came it went pretty smooth, all the way till we went out to our vehicle to find we left the lights on and the battery was dead v_v sad face.... so we went back to the check in desk to see if by chance they could help us at all..... They were nice enough to help us by sending out the same security guard from the pool and having him jump our van off one of the security cars! Yet again could have cried by how kind and caring the staff is! I <3 the Ameristar Staff!!!!!!

Room Tip: We got a smoking king bed room ( hubby smokes so it was a must) but even the smoking room didnt smel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I'm glad you had a happy birthday, Gail, and thanks for choosing to celebrate it with us! We really appreciate all of your feedback and I'm glad we could make your stay special. Thank you for being our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Ameristar Hotel offers big rooms and a several restaurants with decent prices. The hotel is near Main Street St. Charles which can be reached by feet (about 15-20min walking distance). The Katy Trail, a very long gravel trail for jogging and biking is directly under the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Ann Arbor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean place to stay. It was our first night before starting a multi-day Katy trail trip and was really close to the trailhead.

I am not a gambler though, so other than a nice room with a view of the big muddy, I would have been happier staying at a cheaper hotel closer to Dave & Busters. The other guests also skewed towards the elderly and it was kind of sad hanging out in the casino.

My ratings are based solely on the nice rooms.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I reserved a room for my wedding night here and was thankful they allowed me to check in two hours prior to check in time. When I pulled up the valet attendant took a couple of minutes to acknowldge that we needed service. I tipped him well so that he would keep my car close and I was never offered any assistance with luggage. I made my way to the desk and checked into my room as well as one I reserved for my brother for the night and the process was ok, I was not impressed at all by the level of service. They only information I was given was about the authorizations that would be placed on the cards and about the hotel pool, which I told the agent I would not need because we were getting ready for a wedding and wouldn't be back until late tonight. The agent said ok and gave me the keys to both of the rooms and directed me to the elevators. She was not rude in anyway but at the same time was not friendly.

The hotel itself is a very nice property. The rooms were large, with amazing bathrooms and the bed was extremely comfortable.

When we returned after the wedding the the valet attendant promptly took the vehicle and we headed to the casino for some drinks and gambling. When we entered the casino the security gaurds checked out IDs and let us in, they did not even question if anyone in the party might have drank too much to be entering the casino; they congratulated us and let us enter. As soon as we got to the bar security gaurds pulled my wife aside and started questioning her saying she was too intoxicated to be here and should slow down on drinks. We sat down and I went to a baccarat table to gamble. My brother brought a beer to me because there were not any cocktail servers and as soon as he handed it off another security guard pulled him aside and questioned him about being too intoxicated. No one said anything to me about having too much to drink even though I continued to drink and gamble. It kind of makes me wonder about the priorities of the security guards. If you are just here drinking they don't want you drunk, but if you are drunk and you will sit at a table with money infront of you they want you here.

We decided to leave shortly after because the gaurds kept bothering the wedding party. We went up to a room and drank beer we brought back from the reception.

The next morning we ordered room service, the food was there quickly and was very good.

Overall the hotel itself is deserving of the 4 Diamond status and was what I expected. I was very disappointed in the level of serice provided by the team members and would expect this from a cheap chain, not a 4 Diamond property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm so sorry if you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are proud to provide Four Diamond accommodations and we also want you to receive the same quality guest service, especially when you are celebrating a special occasion. Our security team is trained to identify intoxicated guests and take appropriate action to ensure these guests are not on the gaming floor in accordance with Missouri Gaming Commission laws. I will pass your review along to our team members for review. Please also feel free to reach out to us at atyourservicesc@pnkmail.com with your contact info and we'll be happy to discuss your stay with you. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again.

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!