“Big hotel rooms” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
“Big hotel rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Ameristar Hotel offers big rooms and a several restaurants with decent prices. The hotel is near Main Street St. Charles which can be reached by feet (about 15-20min walking distance). The Katy Trail, a very long gravel trail for jogging and biking is directly under the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Ann Arbor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean place to stay. It was our first night before starting a multi-day Katy trail trip and was really close to the trailhead.

I am not a gambler though, so other than a nice room with a view of the big muddy, I would have been happier staying at a cheaper hotel closer to Dave & Busters. The other guests also skewed towards the elderly and it was kind of sad hanging out in the casino.

My ratings are based solely on the nice rooms.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I reserved a room for my wedding night here and was thankful they allowed me to check in two hours prior to check in time. When I pulled up the valet attendant took a couple of minutes to acknowldge that we needed service. I tipped him well so that he would keep my car close and I was never offered any assistance with luggage. I made my way to the desk and checked into my room as well as one I reserved for my brother for the night and the process was ok, I was not impressed at all by the level of service. They only information I was given was about the authorizations that would be placed on the cards and about the hotel pool, which I told the agent I would not need because we were getting ready for a wedding and wouldn't be back until late tonight. The agent said ok and gave me the keys to both of the rooms and directed me to the elevators. She was not rude in anyway but at the same time was not friendly.

The hotel itself is a very nice property. The rooms were large, with amazing bathrooms and the bed was extremely comfortable.

When we returned after the wedding the the valet attendant promptly took the vehicle and we headed to the casino for some drinks and gambling. When we entered the casino the security gaurds checked out IDs and let us in, they did not even question if anyone in the party might have drank too much to be entering the casino; they congratulated us and let us enter. As soon as we got to the bar security gaurds pulled my wife aside and started questioning her saying she was too intoxicated to be here and should slow down on drinks. We sat down and I went to a baccarat table to gamble. My brother brought a beer to me because there were not any cocktail servers and as soon as he handed it off another security guard pulled him aside and questioned him about being too intoxicated. No one said anything to me about having too much to drink even though I continued to drink and gamble. It kind of makes me wonder about the priorities of the security guards. If you are just here drinking they don't want you drunk, but if you are drunk and you will sit at a table with money infront of you they want you here.

We decided to leave shortly after because the gaurds kept bothering the wedding party. We went up to a room and drank beer we brought back from the reception.

The next morning we ordered room service, the food was there quickly and was very good.

Overall the hotel itself is deserving of the 4 Diamond status and was what I expected. I was very disappointed in the level of serice provided by the team members and would expect this from a cheap chain, not a 4 Diamond property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm so sorry if you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are proud to provide Four Diamond accommodations and we also want you to receive the same quality guest service, especially when you are celebrating a special occasion. Our security team is trained to identify intoxicated guests and take appropriate action to ensure these guests are not on the gaming floor in accordance with Missouri Gaming Commission laws. I will pass your review along to our team members for review. Please also feel free to reach out to us at atyourservicesc@pnkmail.com with your contact info and we'll be happy to discuss your stay with you. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again.
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is amazing! I didn't want to leave. We walked into this hotel and the lobby is beautiful! Went up to our room and it is first class all the way! We loved this place. We had a non smoking king bed and it was awesome. 3 flat screen tv's. I loved the tv in the bathroom. The bathroom is huge. Separate shower and tub. Very very nice. The bed was a little hard but still good. The swimming pool is really nice too. Loved the separate sitting room from bedroom. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you enjoyed your room and its amenities, Susan! Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your review. We look forward to your return.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were here for a ladies spa day/overnight trip. The spa is awesome - I would recommend getting there early so you can have the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and lounge open. It was perfect for a ladies weekend - we spent a long time in the spa and are still talking about those showers.

The room was equally amazing - I had no idea they were going to be so big. The bathroom is huge, with a separate whirlpool tub and shower - and a TV! And there were 2 double beds, plus a sitting area with a 3rd TV, couch and table. It was awesome.

The only unfortunate thing was that you can smoke almost everywhere in Ameristar, which is disgusting. It wasn't too pleasant walking out of our room into a smoke-filled hallway or elevator lobby. I definitely had to throw all my clothes into the wash as soon as I got home. Also, we arrived really early the day we were to check-in (or spa services started at 9am) and the front desk said our room was already blocked off for us and they would notify us "soon" when we could get the key - but they never actually called until 20 minutes after check-in had started (after 2pm). So, hanging out in the spa with all of our luggage wasn't so cool, but the amenities made up for it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
St Louis Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Children and family atmosphere.

Tips

Spa / Pool Level 5 of hotel
Pool strictly enforced to 18 and over after 9 p.m.
Rooms face river / parking lot- highway (specify on reservation but it is first come first served)
My preference - high floor facing river
Early arrivals notify front desk you are on premises so they can prepare your room for an early check-in
We arrived at noon and our room was available. Noticed later check-in always had a wait at front desk

Pros: Sunday Champagne Brunch, allow early check-in when available

Cons: No business center - They do allow you computer access at bell stand
Pool BAR closes at 9 p.m. (sometimes as late at 10 p.m.) So bring your own cooler (do not allow glass) to adult pool time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoy Sunday brunch with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and for being our guest!
SW Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the 4 star rating and reviews. Big mistake. We should have known it was going to be bad When we pulled up to the hotel and there was no bell man available. We checked in and had an issue with the tv. We asked to be moved to another room. Guess what. That tv didn't work either. We called the front desk and we were told they have been having issues with their tv system for several days! Rooms are spacious and bathroom was big but the floor had not been vacuumed. Horrible uncomfortable bed and pillows that were like rocks. We woke up at 5:30 in the morning went downstairs and complained and checked out. They refunded back $60 of our room and were not too concerned with our concerns.

• Stayed July 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I’m so sorry for any inconvenience during your stay. We did have a few days where our televisions lost signals. Our AV team worked on the issue and it is now completely resolved. We’d like to follow up with you about your stay. Please feel free to send your contact information to AtYourServiceSC@ameristar.com and one of our team members would be happy to get in touch with you. We want to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stays so we greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another try.

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!