I just returned from a one night spa day/"Ladies' Night "at the Ameristar St. Charles.
The facility has great potential: beautiful rooms, nice spa, on-site nightlife. The problem is all the missing customer service details that you expect from a 4-star property. The hotel is new-opened in May 2008. We hope to give it another try after some time has passed and the kinks have been worked out.
The Hotel: The rooms are very nice-contemporary w/flair. We had a two rooms-a Spa Suite (king bed, large master bath w/oversize shower and walk-in closet, living area w/sofa, table, and two chairs, wet bar with 3 barstools, and a powder room for guests) and a regular room (two queen beds, oversize bath, and sitting area). I booked the regular room in person at the front desk in early May 2008 and then walked over to the bellman's desk and used the hotel's computer to book the spa room via Orbitz.'s website. I had to book the spa suite thru Orbitz because the hotel sold Orbitz the spa suite rooms in early May 2008. .
The Spa: ARA-The Spa at Ameristar is a nice addition to the St. Louis area. The facility is on par with 4 star resort spas: wet steam, dry steam, vichy room, and massage treatment areas along with manicure/pedicure service as well as relaxation areas.
The Pool: The pool is located on the 5th floor. Beautiful outdoor area with trees and cabana bar service. The pool has a swim-thru to the indoor pool area . Lots of children on the Saturday that we were there (not the grown-up experience we were hopping for). The hotel insists that pool guests under the age of 14 be accompanied by an adult. It seemed that several of the children had been escorted into the pool area past security by their "adult" and then the adults were leaving them in the pool area to explore the casino. The spa has a separate door that leads into the indoor pool area that is locked from the outside because, according to a spa employee, children were wandering into the spa and had made a mess in the relaxation areas.
We had several customer service issues that were ultimately resolved (room we had reserved and paid for via Orbitz was oversold-we were granted a spa room after an hour at the front desk, tub in spa hotel room had a broken drain & running toilet, initially didn't receive the full agreed credit amount for the inconvenience at check-in). Our stay was not the 4-star experience we had hoped for and expected ($700 in hotel room costs for one night, not to mention the amount spent on various spa treatments). The staff was kind and polite but not very helpful to our situation even after admitting they were at fault and had oversold the rooms. In-house reservations didn't know that the hotel had adjoining rooms and that spa suites existed when we toured the facility in May 2008.
We managed to have a good time even though we experienced bad hotel customer service.
Hotel Bellman "Josh" gave us the hotel tour back in May 2008 and remembered us when we arrived Saturday. He was very professional and friendly.
I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending a "special occasion" stay at this property until all the "new hotel" issues have been resolved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles