“Excellent Resort to stay at!” 5 of 5 stars

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Shelbyville, Illinois
“Excellent Resort to stay at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Ameristar Casino Resort Spa in St Charles, Mo is one of the best facilities we have stayed in for years. The rooms are absolutely remarkable with sunken livingroom and large bathroom. The rooms are beautifully decorated and well kept up. The resort offers a full spa, exercise room, hot tubs and pools both inside and outdoors. Room service was quick, reasonably priced and the food was remarkably wonderful. If you are in the St Louis Mo area this is the place to stay. Also the casino is full and exciting to play in.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so you can not go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thanks for sharing your review, Tomas, and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and all that our resort has to offer. We hope you can visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great place to stay. The standard rooms are like a suite in any other hotel! Wonderfully appointed and even though they allow smoking, their air system must be incredible because you can't smell the smoke in the rooms! They are very customer service oriented and it's in a great location!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoy our hotel rooms. Thanks for sharing your review and we hope to see you again.
Swansea, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There are always new games to play every 90 days and the buffet is the best of all of the casinos in the St. Louis area. There are 2 levels to play in and and there are lounges at each end of the casino, as well as, in the center of the lower playing area. If you get tired of "winning", you can always enjoy the entertainment in the Blues Bottleneck Bar on the Weekends and it only costs $5!

Room Tip: 3 flat screen tv's, even one in the bathroom!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoy our casino and the Bottleneck Blues Bar. We hope to see you again!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked this night before to stay on a friday night and all they had was a handicap room. When we got there to check in late Friday night. They looked up a smoking non handicap room. and moved me into it. The pool is amazing very comfortable with a bar 2 jacuzzis and speakers under water. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Ron, I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your room request and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope you can visit again.
Hermann, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was very unhappy with my stay at the Ameristar. I booked this hotel about a month before staying here. I booked 2 rooms at the Ameristar, one for out-of-town guests, one for myself and my fiance.
Upon checking into Ameristar, they told me that "expedia.com cancelled your reservation" What? I had my iPad so I logged into my hotels.com account and showed them my reservation, which was current. They refused and said that they cancelled it. I gave them all the information. Ooookay. I figured maybe I'm wrong... perhaps I did something wrong. So I ask if they have any rooms available (because we all want to stay at the same hotel together!!) The girl looks at her screen and says, nope, all sold out. No help, no apology. Ooookay. We go upstairs to the one room we got. I decided to call my credit card first - I was infact charged for the room. Awesome. Charged for a room and I don't even get it!!?!?!?! Naturally, I called hotels.com They say, no no no, we didn't cancel your reservation; everything is still current on our side. We will call the front desk. I asked to be on the phone (3-way) they agree, no problem. So I'm on the phone listening to customer service speak with Ameristar front desk. Front desk girl VERY RUDELY says, you cancelled the reservation, hotels.com says no we didn't, we just faxed you the confirmation, front desk puts us on hold... comes back, "okay, I see the reservation now... we can probably find them a room.." ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Front desk people = LIARS. No rooms? Really? After a mix-up like that, even if it wasn't your fault, to not even TRY to help me? Just turn me away and say, oops no rooms, no big deal... good-bye now!! Then all of a sudden you HAVE A ROOM?!
Ameristar = LIARS.

Ameristar clearly finds me to be a less important customer because I use hotels.com That's cool. Whatever. Customer service is everything in this world and you lose. Big time.

Also, take the 100.00 hold off my credit card, PLEASE. It's been a week since I stayed.

Room Tip: Maybe just don't go here :-)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I’m so sorry about your experience checking in. Guest service is very important to us and we want all of our guests to feel appreciated and valued. We truly value your feedback and our hotel manager would like to discuss your visit with you and personally apologize. Please feel free to send your contact information to AtYourServiceSC@ameristar.com so we can follow up with you. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another try.
Oakland City, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently stayed at Ameristar Casino in St Charles, Missouri. I was very impressed with the room and how nice it was. I loved the selection of slot machines and the whole atmosphere of the Hotel and Casino. The selection in food was great and tasted wonderful! One of the best pizzas I have ever had! I can't wait until our next visit to the Casino in October!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are certainly looking forward to your visit in October, Kathy! I'm glad you were pleased with our rooms and the pizza. Thanks for sharing your review and for staying with us.
Hannibal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed there last month; the suites were beautiful,the pool relaxing,the exercise room an added plus,and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food also was quite good. I ve eaten in all their restaurants , and all are delicious choices. Dont miss the desserts- we often get extra to take home. The eclairs are amazing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hey Justin, thanks for staying with us and for posting your review. I'm glad you enjoy our hotel and our restaurants. I hope you can visit again soon and have another eclair!

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!