“Stayed here for our honeymoon!” 4 of 5 stars

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Ameristar Boulevard, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Monticello, Illinois
“Stayed here for our honeymoon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had originally booked a reservation to St. Lucia, but we bought a house and went on a budget vacation instead. We ended up booking a room in St. Charles for four nights, and though it started out rough, we had a blast! The room was beautiful. It seemed as though the casino was busy, but didn't pay much attention since we were here to tour the city.
Two problems were all we had. First, our room wasn't ready when we arrived, and we had to sit around until 6:30. Check in was at 4, and we arrived at 4:45. Second, someone pulled a fire alarm in the middle of the night (not the hotel's fault.)

Other than that, it was great! The staff was very helpful, and the room was spotless the entire time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My wife and I along with our 7 month old daughter and inlaws stayed at the Ameristar Resort for 3 nights. We had stayed before and loved the rooms but had never seen the swimming pool....wow what we were missing! The rooms are all suites very big with beautiful views. There are multiple places to eat and or have a cocktail right inside the complex. The best part of the place is the swimming pool. It is an outdoor/indoor pool meaning you swim through a little opening to go in or out. There are jaquzzis outside as well as inside. They even have a bar outside on the pool deck and music playing all day and night. It opens at 6am and does not close until midnight. They also have a fire pit outside during the evening to sit around and relax. What a great place to stay rather or not you are going to the casino or not. We will be staying there again...we loved it!

Room Tip: Food at sports bar is great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed here for our anniversary and it was so nice. The rooms were so spacious and decorated very nice. The view from the room overlooked the river and was a nice view. The bathroom was very large and just wonderful. The bed was comfortable. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bartlett, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I did not stay overnite, nor eat there, so I can Not comment on those. I did gamble. They had nice lighting displays. One with "Sweet Sally and Rick the Cowboy." Like the ones in downtown Vegas. Had an overall good time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
st. louis, mo.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have stayed at Ameristar St. Charles at least a half a dozen times. This was the most disappointing stay in an otherwise lovely string of previous visits.
The disappointments:
1. The room service menu in the room apparently didn't show the actually prices. A piece of chocolate cake on the menu was listed as $4.99 was $8.99 on the bill. There were similar discrepancies with most of the items but not as exagerrated as the cake.
I spoke with room service who directed me to the front desk. They told me I could bring the bill down now and have it resolved or at checkout. I decided to do so at checkout, which was a mistake. The initial desk clerk listened to my story looked at the bill and was already to resolve the difference but then involved the manager. The manager wanted to see the actual room service menu and called to have it brought down. Feeling like I was being disrespected I insisted that I would reat ttreive it. When I brought it down the manager had disappeared and the original clerk I dealt with resolved the bill and apologized profusely regarding how it was handled.
2. Also beware that there is already a service charge and an 18% gratuity tacked onto the bill so don't tip again unless you really mean to. It was my mistake that they ended up getting a35%tip because I couldn't read the bill correctly -just be warned.
3.When I had checked in I had added another name to the room in case a new key card to the room was needed and I wasn't available. Lo and behold it did happen and the person went to have another room key added and the clerk insisted she wasn't on the registration . She did find her original key and got into the room . When I talked to the desk cleark (see #1 ) I told her of this problem and apparently the initial clerk had not keyed it into the computer after I had written it in.
4. And now for the most disappointing of all. Housekeeping was non-existent in this room after day one. On the second day all the towels and dirty lines that were left in the bathtub stayed there. The beds were made but the decorative pillows and blankets were strewn on the floor. The following day nothing at all was done to the room. And this was even after leaving tips on day one and day two.

All in all I am very disappointed and am glad I had not brought out of town guests here.
Not sure when or if I will stay again but sure will be more agressive in getting a clean room or otherwise Harrahs will be receiving my business

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We only stayed one night, and didn't get to enjoy the hotel to the fullest, but the room was HUGE and beautiful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Jackpot, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

would be nice to have a no smoking area. your staff is great , in most arears.Carol C. Manager of buff is a god sent she is wonderful she could teach outhers how to be with cost.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Front Office Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We sincerely value our guests and are committed to providing the very best in guest service. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!