“Great stopping point” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Lansing, Michigan
“Great stopping point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here more than once on my way to and from Kanas City. I often try to pick a room by an airport as their turnover is greater and price line will give great discounts for airport locations. Great stopping point, good room: clean, comfortable beds, not bothered by any sounds. The breakfast is more than carbs! Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbia City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a last minute reservation and we were traveling with a high school group, but they were very accommodating in securing 3 rooms in close proximity for us. The hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. The breakfast was excellent and had many items to choose from, including biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal, muffins and rolls, as well as coffee, juice, and milk. For being close to the airport, we never once heard any noise from the planes, which was a welcome surprise! For the price and quick access to the highway, this was a great find.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Pear Tree and used the Park and Fly option. Upon my return to retrieve my car I called the hotel and was told the shuttle had just left but would return in 15 minutes or less. After 20 minutes I called again, and got the same answer. After another 15 minutes I called again and was essentially told that it was my fault, I had somehow not seen the bus, and it had already been there several times. Now, as most tired travelers will attest, I looked at every bus that stopped hoping it was mine and NONE came from the Pear Tree. The dispatcher (or whoever) then began to become rude and continue to say the fault was mine. When the bus finally came, I explain the situation to the driver who apologized profusely and stated that he had not gotten the call. Front desk clerk was equally rude and accusatory when I complained to him. I will NOT stay here again!!! There are lots of other options.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comments have been addressed with our Guest Service Agents, as well as our drivers. It is our goal to provide a courteous and pleasant experience for you and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the Joyce Meyer conference. Staff was very friendly. Great breakfast.
Right across the highway from airport. Do not offer shuttle service to downtown though. Have to take metrolink from airport.

• Stayed September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was having a hard time finding a dog freindly hotel in St Louis. They accepted us! they were great. I am sure the hotel is new or just remodled! The staff was great the restrant bandana was great the breakfast was a real breakfast

Room Tip: lower floor less traffic noise from the airplanes
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I very very rarely travel w/o reservations....but on a last min. trip to pick up fam, at STL decided to take a chance. This is a great hotel at a very reasonable price, especially when you consider the quality of the beds, there is a micro and fridge in every room, it is pet friendly, the complimentary drinks, the free hot breakfast, and a great BBQ place just next door. I have also got to say that the staff is especially welcoming and helpful. DJ is who I dealt with mainly at the front desk, and I just cant say enough nice things about this young man. This is a SAFE and comfortable place to stay. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. If I could ask for any improvement at all, it would be for a covered smoking area. This little thing would make the place perfect for everyone!

Room Tip: all are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words about DJ! He is thrilled to see his efforts and abilities noticed and so greatly praised. We truly appreciate him and, as managers, are sincerely respect his abilities as a wonderful and strong part of our hotel team.
Grand Rapids Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed two nights and then returned for a single night to this hotel, and I would use it any time I am in St Louis. Their hot breakfast in the morning, and happy hour at night are very welcoming, and make it easy to call them 'home'. But most importantly is the attentive, and welcoming staff. They assisted in any way possible, and from the shuttle to the front desk no one wasn't without a smile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!