“RUDE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Saint Ann
Columbia, Missouri
“RUDE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Pear Tree and used the Park and Fly option. Upon my return to retrieve my car I called the hotel and was told the shuttle had just left but would return in 15 minutes or less. After 20 minutes I called again, and got the same answer. After another 15 minutes I called again and was essentially told that it was my fault, I had somehow not seen the bus, and it had already been there several times. Now, as most tired travelers will attest, I looked at every bus that stopped hoping it was mine and NONE came from the Pear Tree. The dispatcher (or whoever) then began to become rude and continue to say the fault was mine. When the bus finally came, I explain the situation to the driver who apologized profusely and stated that he had not gotten the call. Front desk clerk was equally rude and accusatory when I complained to him. I will NOT stay here again!!! There are lots of other options.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comments have been addressed with our Guest Service Agents, as well as our drivers. It is our goal to provide a courteous and pleasant experience for you and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for the Joyce Meyer conference. Staff was very friendly. Great breakfast.
Right across the highway from airport. Do not offer shuttle service to downtown though. Have to take metrolink from airport.

• Stayed September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was having a hard time finding a dog freindly hotel in St Louis. They accepted us! they were great. I am sure the hotel is new or just remodled! The staff was great the restrant bandana was great the breakfast was a real breakfast

Room Tip: lower floor less traffic noise from the airplanes
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I very very rarely travel w/o reservations....but on a last min. trip to pick up fam, at STL decided to take a chance. This is a great hotel at a very reasonable price, especially when you consider the quality of the beds, there is a micro and fridge in every room, it is pet friendly, the complimentary drinks, the free hot breakfast, and a great BBQ place just next door. I have also got to say that the staff is especially welcoming and helpful. DJ is who I dealt with mainly at the front desk, and I just cant say enough nice things about this young man. This is a SAFE and comfortable place to stay. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. If I could ask for any improvement at all, it would be for a covered smoking area. This little thing would make the place perfect for everyone!

Room Tip: all are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words about DJ! He is thrilled to see his efforts and abilities noticed and so greatly praised. We truly appreciate him and, as managers, are sincerely respect his abilities as a wonderful and strong part of our hotel team.
Grand Rapids Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed two nights and then returned for a single night to this hotel, and I would use it any time I am in St Louis. Their hot breakfast in the morning, and happy hour at night are very welcoming, and make it easy to call them 'home'. But most importantly is the attentive, and welcoming staff. They assisted in any way possible, and from the shuttle to the front desk no one wasn't without a smile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My fiance and I wanted to visit St Louis for a day on our way home to Nashville, TN. We wanted a safe place in the area, but something that wasnt too far from downtown, and wasnt an outrageous price. I had known that there was a Pear Tree Inn downtown, and I called the 1-800 number to find out the rate. It was $89 for one night, which I though was great. After we made the reservation, I had found out it was for the airport location, and was a little worried about safety and noise. We were very pleasantly surprised. Both my fiance and I commented how nice it was and that we would stay here again. All of the front desk staff we encountered were very friendly. The breakfast was great, not too many options, but it was nice to be offered hot eggs and biscuits (among other hot items) instead of the usual dry stuff. They also offer free drinks and snacks at night time. The hotel has a modern decor to it, and is very clean. The king size bed we slept in was very comfortable and as packed as the hotel was when we stayed, it was very quiet. Also, being right next to the airport, we did not hear many planes. The only drawback we found was that there were not too many restaurants/convenience stores nearby without getting on the highway when we wanted a snack after our arrival. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from downtown and main attractions. We had never stayed in a Drury hotel before, and were very impressed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Pear Tree in. It is very close to the airport and the !-70 freeway. The room was clean, the staff was attentive to their guests. After checking in, the desk called to make sure everything was as we expected for our room. the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. They have a parking area available only to guests of the hotel. On the weekends the hotel hosts a social hour with refreshments and snacks in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a variety of hot foods. If in St Louis again, I would not have a problem returning to the Pear Tree hotel.

Room Tip: try to ask for a room away fro the elevator. the whine fro the elevator was the only noise we could...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!