“Nothing wrong with this Holiday Inn Express” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Kansas City, MO
“Nothing wrong with this Holiday Inn Express”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel a lot in Missouri and have stayed in Rolla many times however this is the first time at this place. I would go back without reservation.

The room and bathroom was clean and the staff quickly checked me.

The breakfast was well stocked.

The only drawback about this place and most places in Rolla is there is no place to eat nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times in the last 4 years since our son is a student at Missouri Science and Tech. We stayed at other hotels and this quickly became our favorite. The staff is friendly, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. We're going to miss it once our son graduates!

• Stayed January 2013
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I arrived at this Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rolla MO on 1/11/13 we departed on 1/12/13, the outside of the hotel was very well lighted and felt very safe.
I am really sorry to say I can't remember the name of the person at the desk, I know it started with a C. Caradan?? She was absoultly amazing, so friendly and kind explained everything to me about the Hotel, room, pool,breakfast,tv. She was great.
The room was spotless and smelled very fresh and clean, the bed was just wonderful. I can honestly say this was one of the most comfortable places we have stayed.
We will be heading that way again in a month or so, and this is the only place we will stay.
Thank you all!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. The staff and I take great pride in our hotel. We strive to make our guest feel safe, relaxed, and informed, after all this is your home away from home. The young lady you mentioned is Carlyn. She has only been with us a short time, but is doing a wonderful job. I will be sure pass along your comments to her as well as the rest of our staff to reinforce to them they are on the right track to providing outstanding customer service.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the HIE Rolla, and I suspect it is my 10th stay. We ended up here one night with a sick child years ago and had to get off the road. Since that visit, we've made it a regular stop on our 10 hour drive to see family. The property is clean, convenient to the highway, and we generally get a good value. Our kids (6 and 8) love it and have for several years because of the Kids Suites (rooms with bunk beds), the indoor pool, and the breakfast. I don't know that there's anything particularly exceptional about the latter two, but the pool is always clean and well-maintained and breakfast is always good.

I stay in a lot of hotels all over the world, for business. I stay in very high end hotels as well as low end hotels. I appreciate the HIE Rolla because it is consistently clean, good value, and convenient. I do agree that noise can be an issue with guests in other rooms, but the property has seldom been so busy during our stays (mostly near holidays) that it has been a real issue.

My sister-in-law has a son at Missouri S&T and prefers another, newer Priority Club property in St. Robert, but we've stuck in Rolla because of the Kids Suites and the great service we've gotten there.

There is no room service or restaurant (apart from breakfast area), but I can't figure out how to uncheck those on the optional review portion - sorry to confuse that for anyone,

Room Tip: We stay on the second floor if possible. No noise from above and less foot traffic as you get furthe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Based on my long history of staying at H.I. Express I chose this one due to location and price as a mid-point stop for a long car trip. About like most HIE's, it is reasonably well maintained, but it is several years old, not new construction. Front desk was ready with key and goodie bag. Room was larger than some HIE's, the matress and bathroom were in good shape. Internet connection worked well. The breakfast foods were good with a breakfast attendant who stayed on top of things.

Be sure to have the exit-frontage-driveway instructions ahead of time. The approach was a bit tricky. But road construction may have moved along since I was there.

If this is the point in your trip where you want to stop, this choice is good. This HIE was in line with my expectations for this hotel brand, considering price and all.

Room Tip: Might help to ask to be on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased we were able to meet your expectations and your stay was a pleasant one. I wanted to let you know that the road construction you mentioned has been completed. Our exit-frontage is free and easily accessible and we do not anticipate any new road construction in the near future.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Rolla and have a Happy New Year!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Front desk staff was extremely friendly and kind. Priority Club membership recognized and given snacks. BUT, you can hear the people in the room next to you when they are just talking. The family next door was up late and couldn't keep their kids quiet. My wife and two daughters and I could not sleep because of the kids constantly crying and being loud. You could hear everything the parents were saying to try to get them to stop. It actually got to the point to where it frustrated us and when you can't sleep because of noise at a hotel that leaves a real bad taste in your mouth.

Also anytime someone closes a door across the hall or a few doors down it shakes the room and makes a loud slamming noise.

I travel a lot and am surprised this hotel hasn't taken measures to make the place more quiet.

Clean hotel, but VERY NOISY. I would not stay here again.

The 2 rating on the room is because of noise from surrounding rooms and hallway.

Ear plugs are a bad solution to the noise problems.

• Stayed December 2012
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for being our guest and sharing your experience. I’m pleased that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly and service oriented. I understand your frustration with having a noisy guest next door as I have had that happen to me many a time when staying in hotels. On weekends and during the holidays, our hotel is popular with traveling families. In the future, we will do our best place guests without children away from guests with children and I would welcome you to make that specific request if you were ever to decide to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thanks again and best wishes for a happy new year!

Lori O'Neal
Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

What a great HIex to stay at. We arrived from a ten hour drive. We checked in and were pleasantly surprised to find a nice inn. The king room was excellent in size, comfort, and cleanliness. Next morning's breakfast was super.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!