“nice place to stay, reasonable rate” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saginaw, Texas
“nice place to stay, reasonable rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were at another local hotel that we suffered through and called Super 8 to check availability for the rest of the stay. Fortunately they had availability and a great rate. The room was clean, nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We have stayed there before and tried something different, but we will not likely stray again. They have good accomodations, convenient location, friendly staff, and nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was the 3rd different motel I have stayed in at this same exit and overall this was the best value of the three. This Super 8 smelled clean and fresh from the moment we first walked into the lobby and those 2 qualities were always present until we left the next day. The young lady that checked us in was friendly and so were the 2 members of the housekeeping staff we spoke with the next day. Our room was neat and clean upon check-in. The beds were comfortable. I can't comment on breakfast due to arriving very late and sleeping in but the in-room coffee was excellent (always a big plus for someone who loves full-flavored coffee). If I stay in this area again this Super 8 motel will be my choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Macomb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a nice hotel for the price, however, the sheets seemed very stiff and scratchy for some reason. We drove from Detroit and were tired enough that we slept well anyways. There was also quite a lot of truck and traffic noise as our room was close to the freeway.
We will probably stay there again on our way back from Az., as it was clean and staff very nice. I was surprised to see that there was no fruit at the breakfast bar, only juice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is my first stay at this Super 8. I was skeptical based on my stay at the one in Jefferson City, MO when I was working out there. But the hotel is incredibly nice looking for the price, rooms are clean, bathroom is very clean as well! The indoor pool looks very relaxing, though I haven't really tried using it yet. Hotel staff seems very courteous. I am being assigned in Rolla again next week for work, and I have a room booked at this same location for all of next week. It's a little higher than other places in the area, as well as vs. other Wyndham options in the area, but worth it. So far very pleased!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bedford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We travel to Rolla 4 or 5 times a year to see our kids and have always stayed at the Super 8 in Rolla. We have always been pleased with the mote beforel The last trip was this last weekend September 21 - 24. The 2nd night there was a long black/brown hair in the bathtub - we have short white/gray hair. Some of the towels were dingy looking, more gray than white. The 3rd night we came back to the room after being gone all day and the room had not been cleaned at all, I had to go to the front desk to get towels and toilet paper. The lady at the front desk did offer to come up and do what needed to be done but my 90 year old mother was wanting to go to bed at that point. The lady at the front desk said she would talk to the manager and see about a discount for our stay. The next morning when I went to check out, a different lady was at the front desk, nothing was noted on our room chart about the lack of cleaning. The 2nd lady at the front desk said they couldn't give me a discount but offered a 50% off coupon for our next stay. Both of the front desk people stated they were having trouble with housekeeping staff and were working on the problem. The room, halls and elevator could all use a good vacuuming. The breakfast was a big dissappointment from the other times we have been there - stale donuts & pre-packaged cinnamon rolls. They did have waffles. I would not recommend this motel until they get their housekeeping problem straightened out.

Room Tip: 3rd floor hall and right outside the elevator smelled of cigarette smoke. If you stay here, ask for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Adamsboro, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just stayed here a few nights ago. These people were THE nicest I ever met. We had just driven from Oklahoma City and were very tired. They went out of there way for us. To tell us were to find something to eat and get us relaxed. I will only stay here if I'm in that part of the country again. Yes the pool was small but I was only there for a break from driving. Thanks so much.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TERRELL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friend and I have stayed in several places in the last 2 years which offered comfortable beds, clean rooms and breakfast. We always ask for items suitable for a diabetic and very seldom do we get granted our request. Even the cereal offered has too much sugar (raisin brand & frosted flakes are what we find most often). The oatmeal when they have usually is full of sugar. We were impressed to find sugar-free syrup for the waffle machine, regular un-sweetened oatmeal, boiled eggs and ..... wait for it, .... peanut butter. All of these items are much better to regulate blood sugar for diabetics. Our room and bathroom, was clean and smelled fresh as expected. Over all, a great place, and one we would use again.

Room Tip: Our room was near an exit and the ice machine, but we were not disturbed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8? Share your experiences!