“Great under presure” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Springfield, Missouri
“Great under presure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Ok, a bit of context for this review is needed. I went to El Maguey during St. Patty's week in Rolla (for those who know Rolla, St. Patty's is for lack of a better word, crazy). When we walked in the place was packed, I mean wall to wall, table to table, packed. The hostess polity gave us a 25min wait time and my friends said it was wort it, so we waited. When we sat down the had to pull a 4 person table up to a booth to accommodate our party and the service was quick and extremely professional. We never ran out of drink, salsa, or chips; and our meal was out within 10min, (even with all the customers) and tasted delirious. I will be making it a point to return to El Maguey in the future, because of their ability to work under pressure, and deliver a great meal. Thanks Guys

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rolla, Missouri
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a weekly dinner for me and friends! Delicious food and drinks. :)

Saint Peters, Missouri
“Blah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Authentic mexican but WAY to bland compared to Mexican restaurants in other places around the country. Food is very bland. Drinks were...well...ok I guess. Not anything I would order again.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rolla, Missouri
“Best Mexican Food in Rolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is the best to go if you want good and cheap Mexican food, they have awesome dips and try their fajitas chimichanga! Margaritas are awesome and come on Thirsty Thursdays!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa
“THE PLACE TO EAT IN ROLLA!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I am a Mexican American and my mom has always had the best arroz y frijoles (rice & beans), but man, El Cazadero (which is the new name of the restaurant) is right up there!!! The food was unbelievable!!!! The portions were large, the prices were extremely reasonable and the service was top notch. If this place were in my hometown, I would be eating there DAILY!! The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is the location. It's tucked away behind a gas station and the signage isn't the best, but trust me, it's worth the find!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere