“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Mount
The Garden House Bed & Breakfast
4 Haney Road, Rocky Mount, MO 65072   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rocky Mount B&B and Inns
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I had great time and really enjoy the way we were treated, The food was good the room was very clean and the owners are very nice people can't wait to visit again! Next time I'm going to visit in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at the Garden House BnB for the last ten years! There is no reason to look elsewhere as Doug and Lil are two of the nicest, most accommodating people we have met anywhere in the world! They treat you like royalty but yet give you your privacy if that is what you require. They have always gone out of their way to make our stays enjoyable and relaxing. In another review something was mentioned about how they felt regarding your financial status. In all the times we have been there and sent many of our friends there, NO ONE HAS EVER mentioned even the slightest HINT of that being the case. Truly if you can't get along with Doug and Lil I suspect you can't get along with anyone!
This place is definitely a diamond among rocks at the Lake of the Ozarks, and one not to be missed!
OUTSTANDING in every way!

• Stayed May 2012
Columbia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our first stay at this B & B and let me tell you it was WONDERFUL! My husband and myself had no complaints except maybe that we had to leave! The house is beautiful it is very well kept inside and out. All the rooms have a beautiful patio overlooking the lake which we had breakfast on each morning. The breakfasts were delicious, Lill is a wonderful cook and host. When we first arrived Lill gave us a tour of the house and showed us to our room and even gave us some suggestions for dinner. We will be back for sure and we will be recommending this B & B to all of our friends and family!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

$180 a night for three nights-no key to room, no ice, excessive noise from a reunion which disturbed our sleep. Was told by Lill (owner) not to use the hot tub in our room after 10pm and before noon. No hot water a few times.

Wrote review earlier, but can not find it. My husband and I were on our 34th anniversary. His health is failing and we are not wealthy but I splurged for our first B & B to rekindle our romance.

Lil was pleasant the first two days, her breakfast was great ans the place was spotless. I feel when she figured out we are not wealthy, her whole demeanor changed. We spent everything we has for this vacation and still tipped her $20. (The last of our money, but I have a heart.)

Maybe someday (before we are gone, we can take another vacation. Seeing the ocean would be nice, but I will never spend for a B & B. We are simple and just want to be respected by who we ate and not what we have, or do not have.

• Stayed July 2012
billbomo, Owner at The Garden House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We do have keys to the rooms and if a guest asks for one they are welcome to have them. Our ice maker was turned off inadvertenly and we got more ice from our other back up ice maker and brought it up and reset the other ice maker so our guests could have ice. The reunion that was brought up was for 1 hour with six people in the early afternoon. Running out of hot water can happen but it is very rare as we built this house as a B&B and we installed the best water system money can buy.The hot tub rules are in place because hotubs use alot of water and pressure and we want all of our guests to have a great shower in the morning. We are sadden that one of our guests was not happy with there stay, if we had known about any of this we would have tried our best to resolve it. As far as being rich or poor we have no way of telling that and it does not concern us. We have been open for 13 years and have never had a compliant to this point. As the old saying goes( you cant please everyone) we sure try hard to please everyone.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was our first experience with a b&b and we loved it. The rooms were modern and very well taken care of and the view was great. We were at the lake for my parents 50th wedding anniversary and this was a perfect way to enjoy being near family but still having a peaceful place to escape too. The breakfast were excellent and Lill and her Doug were the perfect hosts. We will defiantly repeat the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband I stayed 3 nights at this inn. Lil was pleasent enough the first couple of days, but I did not like not having a key to my room. I understand the people in the Ozarks are trusting, but they do not know who the other renters are.
On our third day of our stay, we came back exhausted from jet skiing and took a nap. About an hour into my nap, one of the renters had a reunion which was loud with dishes, pots, pans, and furniture banging and waking us up, not to forget the loud voices and strangers (not renters) on our private balcony, which also came off of the kitchen so our breakfast could be brought to us.
The hot water stopped working two times the first two days and on the third day, Lil told my husband to be quiet when using the sliding door (renters down stairs complained). On the last day, I was told to turn the hot water off because the same renters were trying to take shower, then, suddenly a coffee stained copy of the room rules and regulations appeared in the room. (Recap, my rent $60 more than their rent, per night)
We paid almost $800 to stay at this place and felt uncomfortable with the demeanor of Lil the last couple of days of our stay. If there are rules and regulation, they should be posted before a person reserves a room. Especially for this kind of money.
We never complained and for the breakfasts Lil made, we did tip her at the end. As for as staying there again--never. This was suppose to be a "love trip" for our 34th wedding anniversary. This was ask when reserving, but was never recognized by anyone there. This was our first B&B and hopefully our next will be with another place who respects us as individuals and lays out the rules and regulations before reserving.

Room Tip: Make sure the hot tubs in the rooms are not used after 10pm and before 11am. Also, know the rules a...