“Saddened my 34th anniversary at our first B & B was filled with tension from Lill, the owner. Saddened our hostess resp” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Mount
The Garden House Bed & Breakfast
4 Haney Road, Rocky Mount, MO 65072   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rocky Mount B&B and Inns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

$180 a night for three nights-no key to room, no ice, excessive noise from a reunion which disturbed our sleep. Was told by Lill (owner) not to use the hot tub in our room after 10pm and before noon. No hot water a few times.

Wrote review earlier, but can not find it. My husband and I were on our 34th anniversary. His health is failing and we are not wealthy but I splurged for our first B & B to rekindle our romance.

Lil was pleasant the first two days, her breakfast was great ans the place was spotless. I feel when she figured out we are not wealthy, her whole demeanor changed. We spent everything we has for this vacation and still tipped her $20. (The last of our money, but I have a heart.)

Maybe someday (before we are gone, we can take another vacation. Seeing the ocean would be nice, but I will never spend for a B & B. We are simple and just want to be respected by who we ate and not what we have, or do not have.

• Stayed July 2012
billbomo, Owner at The Garden House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We do have keys to the rooms and if a guest asks for one they are welcome to have them. Our ice maker was turned off inadvertenly and we got more ice from our other back up ice maker and brought it up and reset the other ice maker so our guests could have ice. The reunion that was brought up was for 1 hour with six people in the early afternoon. Running out of hot water can happen but it is very rare as we built this house as a B&B and we installed the best water system money can buy.The hot tub rules are in place because hotubs use alot of water and pressure and we want all of our guests to have a great shower in the morning. We are sadden that one of our guests was not happy with there stay, if we had known about any of this we would have tried our best to resolve it. As far as being rich or poor we have no way of telling that and it does not concern us. We have been open for 13 years and have never had a compliant to this point. As the old saying goes( you cant please everyone) we sure try hard to please everyone.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was our first experience with a b&b and we loved it. The rooms were modern and very well taken care of and the view was great. We were at the lake for my parents 50th wedding anniversary and this was a perfect way to enjoy being near family but still having a peaceful place to escape too. The breakfast were excellent and Lill and her Doug were the perfect hosts. We will defiantly repeat the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband I stayed 3 nights at this inn. Lil was pleasent enough the first couple of days, but I did not like not having a key to my room. I understand the people in the Ozarks are trusting, but they do not know who the other renters are.
On our third day of our stay, we came back exhausted from jet skiing and took a nap. About an hour into my nap, one of the renters had a reunion which was loud with dishes, pots, pans, and furniture banging and waking us up, not to forget the loud voices and strangers (not renters) on our private balcony, which also came off of the kitchen so our breakfast could be brought to us.
The hot water stopped working two times the first two days and on the third day, Lil told my husband to be quiet when using the sliding door (renters down stairs complained). On the last day, I was told to turn the hot water off because the same renters were trying to take shower, then, suddenly a coffee stained copy of the room rules and regulations appeared in the room. (Recap, my rent $60 more than their rent, per night)
We paid almost $800 to stay at this place and felt uncomfortable with the demeanor of Lil the last couple of days of our stay. If there are rules and regulation, they should be posted before a person reserves a room. Especially for this kind of money.
We never complained and for the breakfasts Lil made, we did tip her at the end. As for as staying there again--never. This was suppose to be a "love trip" for our 34th wedding anniversary. This was ask when reserving, but was never recognized by anyone there. This was our first B&B and hopefully our next will be with another place who respects us as individuals and lays out the rules and regulations before reserving.

Room Tip: Make sure the hot tubs in the rooms are not used after 10pm and before 11am. Also, know the rules a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
South Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Lake of the Ozarks to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Garden House. Having never been in a B&B, we weren't sure what to expect. However, Lill was FABULOUS and our stay was incredible. The place is very clean, new (not some historical old place), and Lill's cooking is fantastic! If you are looking to slow down and relax, this is the place to go. It's a little hard to find the first time, but well worth the trip. We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wentzville, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I visited this wonderful place for our last weekend alone prior to our little princess arriving. First, the view was spectacular. Not sure it could have been any better given the time of year (early March). The B&B was immaculate from the time you stepped in the door - not a spec of dirt anywhere. Lil and husband were great hosts and breakfast cooks. The breakfast spread was unbelievable. We would definitely recommend this to all and will return some day!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from a weekend getaway to the Ozarks. This was a last minute trip and weren't sure what to expect. From the moment you walk thru the door it's an instant feeling of complete peace. The house is modern,immaculate and beautiful. The views are incredible, we actually set our alarm so that we could watch the sunrise from our balcony. Breakfast was amazing both days!! I can go on an on forever about the house, but if you need some R&R this is definitely the B&B for you. I have told everyone I know about it and will be planning a girl's weekend soon and staying here. This place is in a class of it's own, absolutely beautiful!!

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon this past August. Lil was a wonderful hostess. The food was fantastic. We had our own private deck and a delicious breakfast was served every morning. It was such a peaceful place and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Garden House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!