“Always something new to try” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Overland Park, Kansas
“Always something new to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have enjoyed this bistro everytime I have visited it. First of all they have a beautiful view of the Missouri river off the bluff. I have been to restaurants with beautiful view, but mediocre or average food, and they get the traffic because of the view. That has never been the case here, they have wonderful food & service that goes with the view. I think one of the things I appreciate is that they do change out the menu, so there is always something new to try. This time, I tried their Trio of Sausages which includes Bratwurst, Polish Kiebasa and Italian Hot Sauage on a bed of polenta and served with Kale cooked in garlic. The german in me loved the sauage, the Italian one does have "heat" to it, which can be cut with the polenta. Do try their wine pairings, suggested for the dish, they do compliment the meal well. It is also hard to say "no" to their desserts there as well. I finished my meal with brownie parfait and coffee. I have yet to have a disappointing meal here at the bistro.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Kansas City, Kansas
“Class, Cuisine, Architecture and Scene. The I-70 repose in Mid Missouri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Right off I-70 just West of Columbia, follow the signs to the Blufftop Bistro. This local paradise was built overlooking the great Missouri river in Chalet style architecture using Mortise and Tenon joints with wood pegs. Three stories of magnificent view await. Then comes the wine from their own vineyard. Try as many appetizers as possible and note the bacon is cured on-site as is the Italian, rabbit and goose sausage. This chef is a creative genius and the menu changes frequently enough that a return trip is a new delight. Prices are very reasonable unless seeking bulk, tasteless calories. Be sure to check what is spiced hot or not. Hikers and bicyclers from the Katy Trail often visit, and an access to the trail from the parking lot awaits those who want to work up an appetite or settle a satisfying meal. The locally roasted coffee finished this writers meal. The winery is a fun stop and tasting is encouraged. Pictures include my grand daughter in absentee, her flat emissary in her stead for her English class in Texas.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A bite at the winery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a late breakfast, so just wanted a bite at the winery. Well, that literally is what we got. Ordered the cheese plate. It was 2 thin slice of cheese, a teaspoon of blue cheese and a little jelly and some nuts with honey. That cost $12.00 We couldn't believe it.

Visited March 2013
Kansas City
“Food with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We started our lunch with a shared appetizer of fried green tomatoes with crab - I was leary because this is not tomato season - they were some of the best I've ever had! Unfortunately, the quiche was not so good - it was very dry and seemed overcooked; luckily the little salad of arugala on the side was delicious! We ended lunch with a warm brownie dessert that was very delicious - we were all sorry we ordered to share! The men at the table ordered the burgers and both were very satisfied with those. Even on a cold, dreary and snowy afternoon, the view was good and we all enjoyed the atmosphere. Although the quiche was a disappointment - everything else was great!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MO
“An Unmatched View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The cuisine is off the charts... they even have a flourless chocolate cake that was incredible. The atmosphere inside and out just makes you feel good, and the service only adds to that feeling. A must visit if you're in the Columbia area.

Visited March 2012