My wife kids (17, 15, 9) and inlaws stayed for three nights in two rooms at the valley view lodge.
1. Most rooms in the Valley View lodge do not have balconies. A few rooms on the end of the building do however, so when making reservations you may want to ask about these.
2. The Falls lodge next door has balconies.
3. The view from both of these buildings is about the same, neither has a very good view of the lake.
4. The resort sits at the back end of finger off of table rock lake. The 'finger' is probaly a 1/2 mile from the main lake, so not many rooms or cabins have a good lake view. I mention this because we like the 'on the lake' rooms we usually rent at Tan Tar A in Osage Beach.
5. The resort grounds are beautiful as almost everyone writes.
6. The resort is huge and spreadout. The walk from the Falls lodge and Valley View ok going done and an absolute killer going back up.
7. I have to mention again just how stepp the hills are. It's about a 5 minute walk from the restauants and main lobby to Valley View and Falls river, but that 5 minutes is very difficult. Especially in the summer heat
8. The walk to the marina from Valley View and Falls Lodge is about 15 minutes one way.
9. Shuttles are available. You call for one, wait 5 minutes or so an it shows up to take you where you want to go. While this is fine, who wants to wait for a shuttle?
10. The resort is about 15-18 minute drive from Branson. It takes about 5-7 minutes to get from the resort to the interstate. The drive is all up long, steep hills that wind back and forth.
11. The marina was great. The boats and jet ski's were new. The rentals prices were good......and my family rents often and from many places. I have no negatives regarding the marina.
12. The lake near the resort is really nice. Since it is some distance from Branson and other resorts the lake gets little use/boat traffic. It make boating, tubing, etc...relaxing as you don't have many other boats to worry about. You can trave on water for about 2-3 miles and you will pass into Arkansas.
13. Our room in Valley View was a nice size for my wife kids and I. It didn't have a table which was a bummer, but did have two chairs.
14. The rooms in Valley view have window air conditioners mounted below the window on the floor. My in-laws kicked out a lot of cold air, the unit in our room was not as good. Our room was always warm to really warm....
15. The AC units were noisy. It didn't bother me, may bother some.
16. The pools were all nice. Clean which is what's most important to me. The pools however were small in size.
17. The distance between our room and the pools, tennis court, marina, restaurants, etc... was a big turn off for me. With the steep hiils it just wasn't practical. You couldn't walk to the pools and then back to your room.
18. The prices for the rooms were on the high side. I think we paid about $180.00 per night. Perhaps a little high, but I would always pay this to stay at a place with nice grounds, buildings, clean etc... And....our pontoon boat we rented was a 2010 model on sale at Bass Pro shops for $42,000. So when you figure how much it must cost to maintain the grounds, beautiful buildings and nice equipment at th marina the price was ok to me.
I hope this review helps others considering this place.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.