“Rooms are pretty nice, housekeeping is not the greatest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria to your Saves list
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8011 Galleria Parkway, Richmond Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63117   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Louisville, Kentucky
“Rooms are pretty nice, housekeeping is not the greatest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed here twice and the rooms themselves are large and have been updated recently. The kitchen appliances look very new. With the free breakfast and weeknight dinners this makes a very affordable and comfortable place to bring your family. There are some drawbacks however. On the first stay I had a room that was near the highway and the road noise was very loud inside. The second stay was in a building further back so it was quiet. Both rooms had a very slow shower drain. I was standing in ankle deep water within a few minutes. The housekeeping staff must know about it because it has to be difficult to clean the tub properly - which leads me to the next issue - are they cleaning properly? On both 5 night stays there was one day when housekeeping didn't come at all. Other times they failed to leave replacement dishtowels, rags, or shampoo. Some days they didn't seem to have done much besides make the bed. In the evening, when we had small issues with the room such as the can opener didn't work, and there were missing bowls, we were told there was no one around to get us a replacement until the next day.
Overall, I'd say the issues I have with the property are more like minor annoyances. There are definitely worse places to stay. I won't be coming back though. There is a Homewood Suites just down the road with similar amenities and the housekeeping staff there are friendly and do a good job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Terre Haute, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just returned from a weekend in the St. Louis area. My wife researches and books our hotel stays. Once again, she made a great choice with this hotel. The property was updated about one year ago, so everything appears in new condition. Most of the rooms will include a fireplace. Even though ours was once without the fireplace we did have a small walkout balcony area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went the extra mile with restaurant and shopping suggestions and printed directions. The area for their hot breakfast was both clean and of an adequate size. We will probably return to this hotel on our next St. Louis weekend. Safe, clean, quite. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel a great review. And please thank your wife for making an excellent selection! We are thrilled that you found everything clean and quiet and we are also very glad that the staff treated you so well. We hope to see you again next time you are in St Louis!
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We only stayed one night, but I would absolutely recommend this as a solution for longer term guests as well. The room was basically a luxurious studio apartment with full kitchen, desk, sofa/chairs, large flat screen TV, a comfy king size bed and even a fireplace! The decorating was very fresh and modern: the kitchen appliances were stainless, the cabinets were upscale, etc. Nice little touches included Paul Mitchell products and a bag of microwave popcorn. The only area that failed to impress was the bathroom, which was extremely basic and didn't seem to fit into the rest of the environment, but it was exceptionally clean and functional so that's not a complaint just an observation.This is a big property with several buildings, it felt more like a condo complex than a hotel which adds to the upscale feeling.

The breakfast was quite nice, with sausage/scrambled eggs/potatoes in addition to the traditional continental options. There was a weekly schedule on the fridge and it looks like there are social dinners during week nights, which would be a nice option for people in town for longer periods of time and looking for things to do after work.

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside of the building and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Our rooms are very big and quite functional with full kitchens and new HD flat screen TV's. We hope to see you again in the future!
Lebanon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend. Our room was very nicely updated...everything looked brand new! We stayed in a two bedroom/two bath bi-level loft with friends. There was also three tv's and a fireplace. It was very roomy and spacious. We would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you loved our new rooms as they were renovated in 2011. The Penthouse suites are great as they have lots of rooms to spread out, and as you said, 3 HD TV's. Also, we just got our wireless internet installed! Thanks again for staying with Marriott and we hope to see you again!
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I visit St Louis August 31-September 2, 2012 for a family reunion. We were unsure about the hotel that the Family Reunion Planning Coordinator chose, simply because we have never stayed there before. And I don’t adopt to change well. If I find a good product or service that work well for me, I want to keep it. I normally stay at the Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Peabody, and Westin, to name a few. But I went alone with the process and made my reservation with the Residence Inn St Louis Galleria.

WE LOVE IT!! We normally take four trips a year to four different states and we have stayed at many hotels. But so far, we like this hotel the best. The staff customer service was AWESOME. When we arrived at the hotel for check-in, we had the pleasure of meeting Katrina. She greeted us with a very friendly “hello, welcome to Residence Inn. My name is Katrina, how can I help you?” That stood out because she was checking-in other customers, but still multitask and kept her acknowledgment of customers entering her work area. A female exit the fitness room, Katrina glaces at her and asks if she enjoyed her workout. The female respond that she did. Katrina is very knowledgeable of the “product” she sells, which is Resident Inn.
My internet went down for some reason Saturday so I called the front desk. A gentlemen name Andy came out in the rain to diagnose the problem. When I open the door for him, the first thing he did was identify himself – “good evening, my name is Andy and I am with Residence Inn. I am here about your internet problem.” He informed me that I needed a new cord and he quickly returned with it in the rain.

Checking-out at 6:30 in the morning, I met another “happy camper.” This happy camper was Florence. Who is happy that time of the morning? Again, a warm welcome…“good morning, welcome to Residence Inn. My name is Florence, how may I help you?” As we began our check-out process, Florence thanked us for choosing this hotel and welcomes us back if we are ever in the city again. She also took the time to ask if we enjoyed our reunion. Customer service is number one with public service and Florence and Katrina is number one with customer service skills. Kindness matter!! When my husband if I travel to St Louis again, we will always stay at this hotel and we will also recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: My overall stay was EXCELLENT!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel such a stunning review! We are so thrilled that you loved your stay and that you found our associates to be so helpful. Andy, Katina, and Florence were excited to see that you remembered them by name. Thanks again for staying with Residence Inn Marriott and we hope to see you again sometime soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very comfortable and well-appointed rooms. However, because their individual rooms only have king-sized beds rather than two queens, our teen-age daughter had to sleep on a sleeper sofa. She said it was one of the more comfortable ones she's slept on, though.

Service at check-in was not great, and breakfast was a little lacking (They were out of many items when I got there, and it took awhile for them to be replenished.), but the man at the desk when we checked out was very helpful, offering to order us one of the pillows my daughter liked so much. We'll probably stay here again, since I have another daughter attending college in St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Marilyn. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms comfortable and well appointed. I am sorry that your daughter did not find the sofa bed mattress comfortable. They are brand new in late 2011, but not as comfortable as our bed mattresses. In the future, maybe we could double up the sofa bed mattress and that would make it more comfortable. Also please keep in mind one of our Penthouse suites that have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We are working to make sure our buffet stays replenished on the weekends. We find that the buffet is busiest during the middle of the breakfast hours and less busy at the start and the end. Thank you so much for staying at our hotel, we are working on the issues that you mentioned and we hope to see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I checked in with my family to the Residence Inn 2 bedroom suite. When I made the reservation I was told that the 2 bedroom suites had individual private doors, they did not. The bedrooms were completetly open. The online description indicated newly remodeled in 2011. Really, not our suite. The bathroom shower curtain had mold on it. Full kitchen with oven did not have pans or dishes to cook your food in the oven, only to cook on stove. Went to use the dishes and some of the dishes had food on them. I'm not one to rant or complain but when we just came from the Residence Inn Northeast in Louisville Kentucky where our stay was perfect. Very well managed to where I gave them a tripadvisor rating of 5 stars. The St Louis MO galleria location needs to contact the Louisville Kentucky Northeast location to get advise on how to properly run a Marriott Residense Inn. I will be contacting the Marriott Corporation with my complaints. The next stay in St Louis will not be this location.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to standards. Unfortunately we do have two types of Penthouse suites, and the one that you reserved does not have the separate bedroom downstairs. We apologize for this inconvenience, and also the issues with your kitchen including lack of cookware and dirty dishes. These are not regular occurrences at our property and we are very sorry. We are glad to hear that you had such a great stay at Residence Inn in Louisville and we can promise if you ever stayed with us again you would not have these problems again.

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!