“The BEST Hotel EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria to your Saves list
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8011 Galleria Parkway, Richmond Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63117   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Brentwood, Tennessee
“The BEST Hotel EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I visit St Louis August 31-September 2, 2012 for a family reunion. We were unsure about the hotel that the Family Reunion Planning Coordinator chose, simply because we have never stayed there before. And I don’t adopt to change well. If I find a good product or service that work well for me, I want to keep it. I normally stay at the Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Peabody, and Westin, to name a few. But I went alone with the process and made my reservation with the Residence Inn St Louis Galleria.

WE LOVE IT!! We normally take four trips a year to four different states and we have stayed at many hotels. But so far, we like this hotel the best. The staff customer service was AWESOME. When we arrived at the hotel for check-in, we had the pleasure of meeting Katrina. She greeted us with a very friendly “hello, welcome to Residence Inn. My name is Katrina, how can I help you?” That stood out because she was checking-in other customers, but still multitask and kept her acknowledgment of customers entering her work area. A female exit the fitness room, Katrina glaces at her and asks if she enjoyed her workout. The female respond that she did. Katrina is very knowledgeable of the “product” she sells, which is Resident Inn.
My internet went down for some reason Saturday so I called the front desk. A gentlemen name Andy came out in the rain to diagnose the problem. When I open the door for him, the first thing he did was identify himself – “good evening, my name is Andy and I am with Residence Inn. I am here about your internet problem.” He informed me that I needed a new cord and he quickly returned with it in the rain.

Checking-out at 6:30 in the morning, I met another “happy camper.” This happy camper was Florence. Who is happy that time of the morning? Again, a warm welcome…“good morning, welcome to Residence Inn. My name is Florence, how may I help you?” As we began our check-out process, Florence thanked us for choosing this hotel and welcomes us back if we are ever in the city again. She also took the time to ask if we enjoyed our reunion. Customer service is number one with public service and Florence and Katrina is number one with customer service skills. Kindness matter!! When my husband if I travel to St Louis again, we will always stay at this hotel and we will also recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: My overall stay was EXCELLENT!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel such a stunning review! We are so thrilled that you loved your stay and that you found our associates to be so helpful. Andy, Katina, and Florence were excited to see that you remembered them by name. Thanks again for staying with Residence Inn Marriott and we hope to see you again sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very comfortable and well-appointed rooms. However, because their individual rooms only have king-sized beds rather than two queens, our teen-age daughter had to sleep on a sleeper sofa. She said it was one of the more comfortable ones she's slept on, though.

Service at check-in was not great, and breakfast was a little lacking (They were out of many items when I got there, and it took awhile for them to be replenished.), but the man at the desk when we checked out was very helpful, offering to order us one of the pillows my daughter liked so much. We'll probably stay here again, since I have another daughter attending college in St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Marilyn. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms comfortable and well appointed. I am sorry that your daughter did not find the sofa bed mattress comfortable. They are brand new in late 2011, but not as comfortable as our bed mattresses. In the future, maybe we could double up the sofa bed mattress and that would make it more comfortable. Also please keep in mind one of our Penthouse suites that have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We are working to make sure our buffet stays replenished on the weekends. We find that the buffet is busiest during the middle of the breakfast hours and less busy at the start and the end. Thank you so much for staying at our hotel, we are working on the issues that you mentioned and we hope to see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I checked in with my family to the Residence Inn 2 bedroom suite. When I made the reservation I was told that the 2 bedroom suites had individual private doors, they did not. The bedrooms were completetly open. The online description indicated newly remodeled in 2011. Really, not our suite. The bathroom shower curtain had mold on it. Full kitchen with oven did not have pans or dishes to cook your food in the oven, only to cook on stove. Went to use the dishes and some of the dishes had food on them. I'm not one to rant or complain but when we just came from the Residence Inn Northeast in Louisville Kentucky where our stay was perfect. Very well managed to where I gave them a tripadvisor rating of 5 stars. The St Louis MO galleria location needs to contact the Louisville Kentucky Northeast location to get advise on how to properly run a Marriott Residense Inn. I will be contacting the Marriott Corporation with my complaints. The next stay in St Louis will not be this location.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to standards. Unfortunately we do have two types of Penthouse suites, and the one that you reserved does not have the separate bedroom downstairs. We apologize for this inconvenience, and also the issues with your kitchen including lack of cookware and dirty dishes. These are not regular occurrences at our property and we are very sorry. We are glad to hear that you had such a great stay at Residence Inn in Louisville and we can promise if you ever stayed with us again you would not have these problems again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was ok but worth the free price. This hotel Ian a great location for the business traveler although I did see a ploy of families. The rooms were very clean and very spacious.

• Stayed August 2012
Coachjl- Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a great stay. We are always working with Marriott to find ways to improve our breakfast buffet while making sure that it is convenient and complimentary. Thanks again for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott and we hope to see you again!
Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The suites are a great value for folks needing two bedrooms with privacy. One BR is in the loft with its own bathroom, the other is on the main level with separate bath.
Staff is friendly and helpful. Large shopping area within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious Two-Bedroom Suite. Also it is great to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Please keep us in mind on your next trip to St. Louis!

Adam
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

After almost having a divorce in the car trying to find the place from the Interstate we were pleasantly surprised by the room. Large suite with comfortable king bed, living area with fireplace (100 + degrees F today) and kitchen (which remained unused by yours truly). Hotel was close to blue line train which took you downtown past Busch Stadium to the Arch which is a pretty cool architectural feat for 1965. Try some of the bars and the Casino near the Arch station.
Downsides of the hotel - apart from being hard to get too include no wifi in rooms and the breakfast!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the large suite and the comfortable bed. I agree that our fireplaces are not getting much use during the current heat wave. Also, we will have wireless internet installed in the hotel very soon. We are in the final steps of installation. Thanks again for staying with us and good luck on the rest of your road trip!
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First the bad: They must have the worst housekeeping in the world. Arrived at 4pm and room was not ready (3pm checkin time). Was told they would need another 45 minutes to have it ready. Came back at 5pm, room still not ready. Came back at 6:30-7pm and finally got the room keys. The carpet was wet - so perhaps they cleaned the carpets, but they never mentioned it. They did give us a $20/night discount on our room rate. We had a penthouse/loft room. Stayed for 4 nights, and wanted the room cleaned after the 2nd. So we left the "Do Not Disturb" sign off our door and wanted housekeeping to come in, but they never did. We were gone all day, came back at 4:30pm - they had not been there. We left for dinner at 6:30pm and they still didn't come. We stopped at the front desk after dinner to get more clean towels, soap and shampoo. Housekeeping took their smoke break at one of the tables by the pool at the "outdoor experience" area. Did not like this - very gross! The extra bedding for the pull out couch didn't have a pillow case on the pillow - how do you miss that? We had enough pillows on the other beds to make up for it.

We had noisy neighbors one night - you could hear everything! they were yelling and kids were crying after midnight. I called the front desk and I did hear security knock on at least one door (we didn't know which room was making all the noise).

The breakfast "men" would stand by the door and stare at you...no smiles or anything - pretty creepy! There was a lady who was clearing tables that was friendly. Breakfast food was typical.

Ok now the good:
Location was good - close to everything we wanted to go see and easy access to the highways. The room itself was big, clean and perfect for our needs. Decor looked up-to-date. beds were comfy (except the pull out couch). Had a full kitchen. 3 TV's so all the kids were happy.

So if you can deal with the poor housekeeping, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel Creekmom. I apologize very much about the wait you had at check in and also for the Housekeeping issues that you had while staying with us. We have used your feedback and comments to help train the staff and make sure that these issues do not happen again. We are however very happy that you enjoyed the big comfortable room and that the room itself was very clean. I am sure that we will do better with our Housekeeping service if you ever choose to return. Thanks again for the review!

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!