“Not to Marriott standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria

ResidenceInn.com Travelocity
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8011 Galleria Parkway, Richmond Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63117   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
“Not to Marriott standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I checked in with my family to the Residence Inn 2 bedroom suite. When I made the reservation I was told that the 2 bedroom suites had individual private doors, they did not. The bedrooms were completetly open. The online description indicated newly remodeled in 2011. Really, not our suite. The bathroom shower curtain had mold on it. Full kitchen with oven did not have pans or dishes to cook your food in the oven, only to cook on stove. Went to use the dishes and some of the dishes had food on them. I'm not one to rant or complain but when we just came from the Residence Inn Northeast in Louisville Kentucky where our stay was perfect. Very well managed to where I gave them a tripadvisor rating of 5 stars. The St Louis MO galleria location needs to contact the Louisville Kentucky Northeast location to get advise on how to properly run a Marriott Residense Inn. I will be contacting the Marriott Corporation with my complaints. The next stay in St Louis will not be this location.

• Stayed August 2012
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to standards. Unfortunately we do have two types of Penthouse suites, and the one that you reserved does not have the separate bedroom downstairs. We apologize for this inconvenience, and also the issues with your kitchen including lack of cookware and dirty dishes. These are not regular occurrences at our property and we are very sorry. We are glad to hear that you had such a great stay at Residence Inn in Louisville and we can promise if you ever stayed with us again you would not have these problems again.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was ok but worth the free price. This hotel Ian a great location for the business traveler although I did see a ploy of families. The rooms were very clean and very spacious.

• Stayed August 2012
Coachjl- Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a great stay. We are always working with Marriott to find ways to improve our breakfast buffet while making sure that it is convenient and complimentary. Thanks again for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott and we hope to see you again!
Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The suites are a great value for folks needing two bedrooms with privacy. One BR is in the loft with its own bathroom, the other is on the main level with separate bath.
Staff is friendly and helpful. Large shopping area within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious Two-Bedroom Suite. Also it is great to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Please keep us in mind on your next trip to St. Louis!

Adam
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

After almost having a divorce in the car trying to find the place from the Interstate we were pleasantly surprised by the room. Large suite with comfortable king bed, living area with fireplace (100 + degrees F today) and kitchen (which remained unused by yours truly). Hotel was close to blue line train which took you downtown past Busch Stadium to the Arch which is a pretty cool architectural feat for 1965. Try some of the bars and the Casino near the Arch station.
Downsides of the hotel - apart from being hard to get too include no wifi in rooms and the breakfast!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the large suite and the comfortable bed. I agree that our fireplaces are not getting much use during the current heat wave. Also, we will have wireless internet installed in the hotel very soon. We are in the final steps of installation. Thanks again for staying with us and good luck on the rest of your road trip!
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First the bad: They must have the worst housekeeping in the world. Arrived at 4pm and room was not ready (3pm checkin time). Was told they would need another 45 minutes to have it ready. Came back at 5pm, room still not ready. Came back at 6:30-7pm and finally got the room keys. The carpet was wet - so perhaps they cleaned the carpets, but they never mentioned it. They did give us a $20/night discount on our room rate. We had a penthouse/loft room. Stayed for 4 nights, and wanted the room cleaned after the 2nd. So we left the "Do Not Disturb" sign off our door and wanted housekeeping to come in, but they never did. We were gone all day, came back at 4:30pm - they had not been there. We left for dinner at 6:30pm and they still didn't come. We stopped at the front desk after dinner to get more clean towels, soap and shampoo. Housekeeping took their smoke break at one of the tables by the pool at the "outdoor experience" area. Did not like this - very gross! The extra bedding for the pull out couch didn't have a pillow case on the pillow - how do you miss that? We had enough pillows on the other beds to make up for it.

We had noisy neighbors one night - you could hear everything! they were yelling and kids were crying after midnight. I called the front desk and I did hear security knock on at least one door (we didn't know which room was making all the noise).

The breakfast "men" would stand by the door and stare at you...no smiles or anything - pretty creepy! There was a lady who was clearing tables that was friendly. Breakfast food was typical.

Ok now the good:
Location was good - close to everything we wanted to go see and easy access to the highways. The room itself was big, clean and perfect for our needs. Decor looked up-to-date. beds were comfy (except the pull out couch). Had a full kitchen. 3 TV's so all the kids were happy.

So if you can deal with the poor housekeeping, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel Creekmom. I apologize very much about the wait you had at check in and also for the Housekeeping issues that you had while staying with us. We have used your feedback and comments to help train the staff and make sure that these issues do not happen again. We are however very happy that you enjoyed the big comfortable room and that the room itself was very clean. I am sure that we will do better with our Housekeeping service if you ever choose to return. Thanks again for the review!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for almost two weeks for work. When they learned upon check-in that I was an instructor, they upgraded me to one of their loft suites. I had a very short wait while they finished cleaning it since I was early, and they offered me a free drink from the cooler.

The gym is very tiny with only 3 pieces of equipment, but they did have free passes to a local facility for guests that were free. Unfortunately, it was not within walking distance and I didn't have a car. I did enjoy laying out by the pool over the weekend and they have a rather nice grilling area that some of my colleagues used to throw an impromptu party.

The location is great - You can easily walk to the metro or over to the Galleria Mall, which has nice shopping options and a few places to eat.

The room was clean and had recently been updated. One small stumble during my stay - the cleaning person went days at a time without replacing my soap, so I did have to ask for that at the front desk, but the situation was promptly resolved. My family sent me a gift basket while I was there and it was waiting for me in my room when I returned in the evening.

My only real complaint was the noise level. My room was in the first building facing the highway, so it was very loud at all hours of the night. I had to use a combination of ear plugs and a white noise app on my phone to get any sleep!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the property away from the highway so you can get some sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hi Beth,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade and the clean room. We hope to see you on your next visit to St. Louis!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here one night in April due to a last-minute change in my flight schedule and my inability to find a hotel with a vacancy closer to the airport. This Residence Inn is located adjacent to downtown Clayton, several blocks from the Galleria, and it offers easy access to I-170 north. The property appears to have been remodeled recently and my (non-loft) room was large, airy, clean, and comfortably furnished. The kitchenette and sitting area were separated by a counter and the bed faced the sitting area from the back of the room. This open arrangement was great for me because I was alone and it might work well for others who are used to sleeping while somebody else is up and doing things in another part of the room. But my guess is that it would not work so well for large families or groups of people who prefer a quiet bedroom that is physically separated from the rest of the unit. One recommendation I have is that you ask for a room in a building that does not face directly onto I-170. The property sits surprisingly close to the highway and the sights, sounds, and rumblings of traffic might grow a little wearisome if you are situated right next to the highway and plan to stay several days.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!