Stayed 2 nights with family of 6 in a one bedroom suite-- wish I had read the reviews a little more closely. We are Hilton Hhonors members so we chose this hotel, checkin was fast efficient, parking was free, and the hotel is close to the interstate and across the street from a great mall (I went to college in Clayton and this is one of the best malls in the area). The breakfast in the morning was fine, except it was very crowded with families and you had to wait for a table and high chairs. Not ideal with hungry kids. The staff were all very friendly, the hotel was spotless and the business center was great. Wireless internet and wired internet were a snap in the rooms.
The major issues? We got a corner suite on the side above the highway...sooo loud. ask for the other side (facing the mall) for sure. my husband and I slept on the cheapest sofa bed imaginable-- the bedsprings were literally gouging into our backs. The bedroom seemed nice though. The bathroom was fine, except the toilet got clogged on day 2 and it took over an hour for anyone to come-- hard when you have 5 people trying to get ready to go out in the morning. The kitchen was well stocked and adequate, brand new appliances, etc.
If you are going to this hotel because it has a pool-- think again!!!! THE SMALLEST POOL I have ever seen at a hotel--and I've been to every class of hotel. even Sleep Inn and Super 8's have bigger pools. The jacuzzi was fine, but the pool area was so small if there were more than 5 people in the room it was deafeningly loud. Since the hotel had a lot of families, it was too crazy for words in there.
Overall, if we had gotten a room not next to the highway, the toilet hadn't clogged, the pool wasn't miniscule, the wait for a table in the dining area, and the sofabed wasn't just one big bedspring, this stay woulda been perfect. It is a nice hotel with some kinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy our complimentary suite start breakfast offered daily in our lodge with eggs, sausage, hash browns, fresh fruit, yogurt, belguim waffles, danishes, cereal, toast, etc. Or enjoy a glass a wine during the work week (Monday through Thursday) for our welcome home reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Hotel Richmond Heights
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Saint Louis, MO - Richmond Heights