“New hotel with some issues...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria to your Saves list
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8040 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63117   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book in Advance and Save
Maryland!
“New hotel with some issues...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed 2 nights with family of 6 in a one bedroom suite-- wish I had read the reviews a little more closely. We are Hilton Hhonors members so we chose this hotel, checkin was fast efficient, parking was free, and the hotel is close to the interstate and across the street from a great mall (I went to college in Clayton and this is one of the best malls in the area). The breakfast in the morning was fine, except it was very crowded with families and you had to wait for a table and high chairs. Not ideal with hungry kids. The staff were all very friendly, the hotel was spotless and the business center was great. Wireless internet and wired internet were a snap in the rooms.

The major issues? We got a corner suite on the side above the highway...sooo loud. ask for the other side (facing the mall) for sure. my husband and I slept on the cheapest sofa bed imaginable-- the bedsprings were literally gouging into our backs. The bedroom seemed nice though. The bathroom was fine, except the toilet got clogged on day 2 and it took over an hour for anyone to come-- hard when you have 5 people trying to get ready to go out in the morning. The kitchen was well stocked and adequate, brand new appliances, etc.

If you are going to this hotel because it has a pool-- think again!!!! THE SMALLEST POOL I have ever seen at a hotel--and I've been to every class of hotel. even Sleep Inn and Super 8's have bigger pools. The jacuzzi was fine, but the pool area was so small if there were more than 5 people in the room it was deafeningly loud. Since the hotel had a lot of families, it was too crazy for words in there.

Overall, if we had gotten a room not next to the highway, the toilet hadn't clogged, the pool wasn't miniscule, the wait for a table in the dining area, and the sofabed wasn't just one big bedspring, this stay woulda been perfect. It is a nice hotel with some kinks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our family of five along with other family members stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend. The staff especially Michael and Jackie were very helpful. They offered great suggestions for things to do and places to eat in the area. The hotel is in a wonderful location. Shopping across the street and easy access to the Metrolink for downtown adventures was a bonus.
The Suite-Start breakfast was well-stocked and had very good variety. The hotel is located on a major road so there is some traffic noise, but it was not too bad.
The layout of the room is perfect for families-- with two TVs and a small kitchen. It was also helpful to have laundry facilities on every other floor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
faye03, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
I want to Thank You for choosing Homewood Suites for your getaway. It is a great place all year long so if ever you are wanting to "getaway" our staff will be happy to have you as a Guest.

Karen DeMariano
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I had some business in the Clayton area and this was one of three hotels I had to choose from. After doing some research I decided on staying at the Homewood Suites so I could earn my HHonors points.

The hotel is new and has that "new hotel" smell to it. Rooms are very relaxing and nice. Staff couldn't have been friendlier! Even the cleaning crew engaged in conversation. The nightly reception was great and again, the service was top notch. It is also close to some nice shops and great restraunts!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat-- just stay away from the freeway!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
faye03, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for such a nice review and I hope again you will find your way back to Homewood Suites. It is our pleasure to always.

Sincerely
Karen Demariano
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I called this hotel at 8 am to ask for an early check-in and was told to call back at 1 in the afternoon (aftercheck-out). Arrived in the city at 8:45 am and went to the Arch with my family. Then went across the street from the hotel to the Galleria mall to waste time. Called the hotel back @ 12:50 with no answer so we proceeded across the street. The frontdesk girl remembered our conversation and said that the occupants had checked out and they were cleaning the room (this is around 1pm). We didn't get into the room until 3pm!!! Who takes 2 hours to clean a room?? The staff including the manager (Karen) told me several times its almost ready. I complained to the manager about unresponsiveness to a customer's needs! Nothing! Nothing false concern! Don't waste your time go somewhere else. Iwaited because we 1. fell asleep in the lobby and 2. the room was pre-paid!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
homewoodstlouis, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
We understand that vacations are important, so we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are modern and have a very nice, small, kitchen area, which we used the 2 days we stayed there. We did not encounter any of the noise some folks complained about....we requested the mall side and it was very quiet. My ONLY complaint is the bed. It was too hard for me, but that is just me. The bedding, pillows and sheets were all very nice.

I have to give a special shout out to Karen, the guest relations manager. All I will say is that she went above and beyond for myself and my family. SHE HOOKED us up!!! She was so eager to please and make our stay perfect. Thank you so much! All the other staff members were always quick to ask if we were ok and if we needed anything. Loved it.

Should we come back to St. Louis, we will plan on staying here again. The breakfast was stocked very well. We didn't even arrive to eat until almost 10....the cut off time on the weekend and everything was still available. We loved the free Wi-fi in our room, the extra pop corn we asked for and always received and the 2 large flat screen TV's in our 1 bedroom suite.

Over all great place, wonderful staff!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
faye03, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I hope we will see you soon .

Karen DeMariano
Guest Relations Manager
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My family and stayed here for 3 nights while seeing the sights of St. Louis. Everything about this hotel is great. It's convenient to stay at. It's clean. It has breakfast and supper included which was perfect for us and our two very young children. Most nights we had the swimming pool all to ourselves which my daughter loved. The whole staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside to this hotel is the highway traffic - very loud. So definitely try to get a room on the opposite side of the highway if you can. They offered to move us the second night we were there, but it wasn't worth the hassle of packing up our kids and all the baby gear just for a three night stay. We just tried to tune out the noise, and really it didn't seem to bother our kids.
Also, one night we were too late for the dinner they offered and inquired at the front desk about good pizza places that delivered. They recommended Pointers Pizza and it was great! Overall, this hotel was great, especially for our small family.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Emilyspinach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed here while visiting my son at Washington University. The hotel is less than ten minutes from the school. The suites are big and comfortable. The breakfast buffet has a great selection. The area of the hotel is safe for a single traveler. Parking is free. There is an abundance of shopping right outside the hotel. The air conditioner is somewhat noisy, though. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!