“Birthday greeting missed” 4 of 5 stars

Transit: Metro Link & Bus Service
Washington, Missouri
“Birthday greeting missed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband took me to Maggiano's for my birthday lunch, as we do every year, as this is one of our favorite places. The chef is very accommodating for special dietary needs. The food was good, but the service was rushed, since it was early December and the place was packed with Christmas celebrants. We told the waiter as soon as we sat down, that we were celebrating my Birthday. I was hoping for those wonderful lemon cookies they always give the birthday person. But, alas, to no avail, no cookies appeared this year. I was terribly disappointed. I'm not sure if they no longer practice this habit, or if they were so rushed because of the volume of diners that he just forgot. In any event, it dampened my birthday. But, we had lots of left overs for the next day, so all was not lost.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had a wonderful experience. I went with a large group for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. We ordered family style and got large portions to pass around to everyone. Everything was amazing! The salad had a very nice dressing. I also loved to lasagna and and the cheesecake. Even my cousin, who is an extremely picky eater, though the food was delicious. Loved the atmosphere. At the end of the meal, they boxed up everything we didn't eat and we got to take it home.

Visited December 2013
“Good value for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Food was great. Waiter wasn't very good. (He spilled drink... Didn't seem that interested in us, I had to ask for my take home entree) Oh well, at least we have dinner for tomorrow.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had reservations and got seated right away. Our waiter was friendly, helped us pick a nice wine to go with our dinner. The salad was very good and was fresh, with just the right amount of dressing.

I had lasagna which was about the best I've ever had, and my husband had spaghetti that he said was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better dinner and the price was very reasonable. I will eat here again!

Tips: Make sure to call and make reservations. If you select a special section of the menu, you also get to pick an entree to take home with you!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Illinois
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

All the food is wonderful, and you will not leave hungry. The Maggiano's salad is delicious, and could be eaten as a meal by itself. The four cheese ravioli and chicken parmesan were fabulous, but I don't think you could go wrong with any meal.

• Visited November 2013