“Thank you” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Richmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
MADISONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was great except the fridge went out i had food that went bad and the manager thought 10 was enough to cover it....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

RichmondSuper8, Desk Clerk/Housekeeper at Super 8 Richmond, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We regret the inconvience with the fridge but appreciate your review. Hope to see you back again!
ESCONDIDO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We attended a wedding in area. Were very attentive.Checked in early but got us in quickly.Also forgot my favorite robe. Called next day and they had it! Was very happy! Thank you again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We really appreciate your good review and hope that you will come back and see us again soon!
Fort Dodge, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is your average Super 8. I usually don't stay at Super 8's because they really aren't that great for the price you pay and 90% of my rooom nights require an on-site meeting room. They would be fine at $40 to $50/night. But at nearly $70/night plus tax for a small, rural location and no ammenities; you expect more than any Super 8 delivers. And it is amazing how much more you get when you get rooms in the $75/night range - $5 to $10/night more than this one.

All Super 8's breakfast now have NO protein - unless you count milk. Just cheap Super 8 branded (like a Little Debbie) cinnimon rolls, two different sugar cereals (rasin bran and fruit loops), bread, coffee, juice, milk, etc. Not my cup of tea. Nothing there that I could eat on my diet either. I ate two cheese sticks I had in my cooler and my French roast coffee. But they did have real half-and-half, not just creamer, so I'll give them that. I had a great lunch at WMA in Lexington that fully made up for the no breakfast - so don't worry about me, I did fine.

BUT, when you're in Richmond or Lexington, Missouri, you don't have many options. And the best I can tell, this is as good as it gets. The person that booked the room for me said that he wouldn't put his family at either of the Lexington properties - so this was it. The properties in Liberty aren't that far away, so I may drive the extra miles the next that time I'm in the area and need to spend the night. And with my corporate rates, I can get as nice of room with a better breakfast for nearly the same price that this one cost.

Super 8 corporate doesn't get what it takes to keep clients. Usually a Super 8 is about the same price as a Best Western (not a Best Western Plus) and the BW will have a much better breakfast as a rule. Many of the Choice properties will have as nice of room, a much better breakfast for the same price.

The root problem is Wyndham properties in general. I've got one Ramada in Bettendorf, Iowa that I don't mind. The Omaha Ramada is spending bucks improving, so we're watching that one. But the Des Moines, Iowa Wyndham properties are for the most part to be avoided.

So if you are a Super 8 fan, you'll more-than-likely enjoy your stay. If you're not a Super 8 fan, your views will not change. There's nothing wrong with the staff, they're pretty good. It is just that with a crappy, unhealthy breakfast and only a Wal-Mart across the street as an alternative; you should plan on bringing your own breakfast until Super 8 corporate pulls their head out of their you-know-what.

As an FYI, I spend 50 to 75 nights per year in a motel room somehwhere. So I am a borderline road warrior. I have noticed an almost $20/night room rate increase over the last 24 months across the board across the upper Midwest for what you can get for what. So anyone that says that there is no or little inflation, doesn't travel or lies. And my Wyndham Rewards had deactivated due to non-use for 18 months. So yea, I haven't been attracted to much of anything that Wyndham has these days under any of their brands.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We do regret that there are not many breakfast options, unfortunately you are right, all Super 8 have to offer the same items. We appreciate your review and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Super 8 Richmond? Share your experiences!