“Not a great Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Poplar Bluff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trenton
“Not a great Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a newer Inn yet it is set up more for conventions or meetings. Entire first floor are meeting rooms, plus gym and pool/spa area also with a Italian restaurant and hair salon. It is also not a total smoke free hotel. Instead of having smoking on one floor they separate smoking rooms on each floor on one side of the elevator smoking rooms the other side non. So smell is on the entire floor. Not pleasant. Also a storm rolled in and power was out for several hours, staff seemed unsure of how to handle this if it had not come back on before it got to late. Also they do not do the typical express breakfast but you get a voucher for breakfast to the Italian restaurant. We ate there for dinner and was quite good, yet for breakfast you only were allowed a few choices on their menu and you had to pay for drinks and a tip. So would look someone else if in area again.

Room Tip: All rooms and aisles have a smoke smell even if they are non smoking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and nice. The rooms were a bit dated, but have been maintained. Also, the room size seems to be larger than most. I received free breakfast vouchers for the restaraunt downstairs for being a priority club member. However, she did not address me as a platinum member. She just slipped the vouchers in with my room key. I found them when I reached my room. The breakfast was very good and the service in the restaraunt was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Riverview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I prefer to stay in Holiday Inn hotels. I have stayed at this hotel since it was built, 3 to 4 times a year. While the service is mediocre and the restraunt quality comes and goes, its location is convenient. I called today to make my routine visit reservation and was told that the price of the room will change everyday. REALLY? I made 5 other reservations with Holiday Inns and that is not the case. Is there something different about this inn? I've been a priority club member for many years (platinum) and have never been told this before. I requested a manager call me, but no call. I will avoid this hotel as long as this is there policy. I suggest a suite a Comfort Inn in Poplar Bluff. Price for a suite is less than the lowest day quoted me for a regular room at holiday inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear William A,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and we appreciate you being a loyal Priority Club member. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the service you received fell below your expectations. I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments. Thank you again for citing specific concerns that will help us improve on overall guest satisfaction.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Its a wonderful hotel , great staff, Theclean rooms,great bar!!!!!! If your going to stay the night in Poplar Bluff it's a must stay. Its probably the best I've stayed at and i go all over.

• Stayed August 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Reading the reviews for this hotel, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was extremely pleased with my stay, and if I’m ever in Poplar Bluff again, I would stay here.

The hotel was in a very central location and there was plenty of parking. I was especially delighted in the Bath and Body Works items J I also liked the fact that I had my choice of firm and soft pillows on the bed. They were both labeled.

I had vouchers for free breakfasts since I’m a Priority Rewards member. When I realized that I was missing one voucher, I went to the front desk. They were very friendly and apologized for their oversight. I thought the free breakfast was good, even though everything on the menu and drinks weren’t included.

I was delighted with my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and looked new. The pool was the perfect temperature. The only draw back was that the elevators did not work well. We had issues with the elevators jerking and dinging. I also saw a group of people get stuck on the elevators and a front desk employee had to come with a key and pull the door open.

Stayed March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

While the rest of the trip wasn't the best, this was business after all, your hotel was my bright spot. Your front desk young lady was stellar. I have already written to you about her by name. She is the bomb!
We had the delicious breakfast in your restaurant, where the wait staff was friendly and attentive.
I will probably never pass your way again but I am certainly thankful I experienced your hospitality.
Oh, the room was clean, quiet, perfect.

Stayed March 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff? Share your experiences!