“Clean room, great evening desk clerk” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Clean room, great evening desk clerk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I agree with last comment. My experience was great. I did not smell smoke and I don't smoke. My room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The young man at the desk was very polite and helpful. The price was good. We needed a place where we could leave our car and utilize the shuttle to airport also. I will definitely stay here in the future when I travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JessicaH1109, Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We strive to provide the best customer service for all of our guests. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. I hope that we will see you in the near future! Until next time
Best Regards

BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is the first time Hotwire put me at a hotel north of the Kansas City airport and after reading some of the reviews here, I was frankly worried. Yes, the exterior siding looks a bit faded, but I found the interior to be bright, cheerful, and clean. The friendly desk clerk said my assigned room wasn't ready and asked if I'd mind going into a king bed room. Uh, you bet! I was on a ground floor room just steps from the lobby and wasn't bothered by any noise. The room was pleasant and cheery, sported a great bed and also had a decent refrigerator for chilling insulin. Nor was there any indication of tobacco odor. Happily, there was an easily accessible wall socket for plugging in my C-PAP machine. A complimentary breakfast of the usual type (i.e. nothing to write home about) was included in the room rate. There's a wide selection of national fast food chains near-by - even within walking distance - and a local pizza place next door. There's also a large Price Chopper grocery store no more than a half mile away and the entrance to the airport's long-term parking lots is less than 3 miles away. Prepared for the worst, I felt I got a great deal in a property that's obviously paid attention to some of its negative reviews.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our property's behalf!
I myself felt that the review before yours was not a legitimate review.

Your business is very important to us and we value your input. We very much appreciate your good review.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 816-858-0200.

Thank you again for taking the time to show people that our hotel is a great place to stay. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First off, this hotel is really shabby and much worse it is really dirty too! The smell as soon as you walk in will knock you sideways! It smells of smoke and the air is either just stagnant or it smells of wet dog! And then the real trouble started. We checked in and were sent to a room that had not been cleaned! When we went back to the front desk we were treated with total contempt. I have never ever come across any hotel staff so rude! And we had not really complained, mistakes do happen, but the way we were treated was shocking. The woman asked us when giving us another room if we had touched anything in the room?!?! We are a military family travelling on business and could not change hotels. When we did finally get a clean room the bed was so hard and squeaky that we barely slept. And the room was just so bad, and we could hear everything through the walls. I cannot truly describe just how bad the staff are, rude and totally unwilling to help, or even offer advice on where to find a good restaurant. We had such a bad stay that I do not think we will ever stay at another Best Western Hotel ever. And it actually gets worse! We arrived a day later than originally planned after our flight was rescheduled. We called the hotel to make them aware of the change and were told that was fine. After we checked out and came home we found that they had charged our credit card a cancellation fee without even telling us!! We signed nothing and were given no receipt!
Don't stay here! Lots of other choices in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JessicaH1109, Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.Please contact me directly at 816-858-0200 so that I can fix this issue for you and move forward.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. The place is a bit shabby and worn. Even the nonsmoking rooms and floor smell of tobacco .. A relic of times past when nonsmokers were subject to this air pollution. Spacious room with microwave, refrigerator and a comfortable, newer bed. The HVAC worked well ... Yes, it's an under window unit, but it did the job! Breakfast was standard variety, but the space was crowded, harried and the foods manhandled. Not kept up well, even though the hotel was not busy. Friendly, helpful front desk staff. There are better airport hotels for a similar rate. A good cleaning, refurbishing to remove tobacco odors and a space use analysis would help a pleasantly staffed place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lak
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the worst night of sleep I've ever had (or not had, actually) at a hotel ever, and I travel frequently.

To start, how about putting up a light blocking curtain or blind? All you have on these windows is a sheer curtain, despite the fact that the windows either face the busy freeway or the businesses to the west. Light pouring in and there's no way to block it.

Then, we can talk about the pillows. Why would you think that five 2' x 2' pillows would make a guest comfortable? Do you buy this size of pillow for your bed at home? I've never seen them available in a store, and there's a reason - they absolutely suck. Think about it.

But the worst, and what separates these cheap hotels from even a low-mid range Marriott is the heating/air. They still use the under-the-window units that, when turned on, sound like an airplane is taking off inside of your room. So my two options were: sweat to death and don't get any sleep OR turn on the loud AC and don't get any sleep.

My final beef is the fact that your breakfast doesn't start until 6am. You are an airport hotel, 5am is standard.

There are other nearby hotels that would be a better choice for just about anyone who wants to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JessicaH1109, Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. All of our rooms come with black out draoes located behind the sheers, I myself have checked all 71 of our rooms and they do all have them I assure you. Our pillows are standard size pillows which we change out every other month for guest comfort, most all hotels use this size pillow for their beds. I do agree with you the HVAC wall units in our rooms are a little outdated, but going into the summer we are in the process of getting them all replaced. Breakfast hours are at the hotels discression, but we have always had breakfast out early for those who requested it.

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly at 816-858-0200 so that we could discuss your review.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

All in all, this place would be ok if you are stuck at the MCI airport (for 1 night or so), but I wouldn't make it a "base" for a longer stay in KC area..

Positives are:
1- Apparently you get a clean tv remote with each stay (with a new label and all)! This is a feature that I've never seen anywhere else (and I travel a lot). I thought this was cool.
2 - well, you get breakfast (normal continental breakfast, but it does the job)

Main areas for improvement:
1- Front desk service: for example: after checking in, when I returned to the desk asking for a non-smoking room, I was made feel like I was asking too much based on the staff's attitude.
2 - Hygiene within the hotel overall could be much better. I didn't see bugs or roaches (thank God), but the place feels like it's due for a deep scrubbing...

• Stayed March 2013
JessicaH1109, Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Mourad,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Saint Joseph, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I chose this hotel for a one night stay. I have an hour long commute and this hotel put me closer to work in case of bad weather. The hotel common areas were clean and well kept. Breakfast area is small. My room was clean except for hair found in bathtub and tissue in the toilet. There were tons of kids in the hotel (perhaps a school event close by) and without a noise or quiet time policy it made for a sleepless night. Kids were running up and down the halls and doors slamming all night. I know the hotel isn't responsible for guests childrens behavior but perhaps a noice or quiet time policy that is posted and enforced might give parents the needed "reminder" of being respectful of other guests during the late night hours. Booked it through Hotwire and the rate was great. Hotel front desk staff might be a little friendlier but overall the stay was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Denise,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North? Share your experiences!