I stayed here with my spouse and two children. It was getting late and a person at a restaurant we ate at recommenced this place. The lobby was clean and there is where is stopped being clean. The room's a/c was not turned on so it was hot and humid in our room and musty, the children were so tired and feel asleep fairly quickly: if they hadn't done that we would have changed hotels. The bedding was seriously stained and the walls had numerous water stains which didn't help the overall "ick factor" of the place. We took the kids swimming the next day and the pool was ok for small kids, not for adults, the hot tub was so small it seemed more like a kiddie pool. The vent in the hallway floor was so badly caved in, it was a dangerous situation, an accident waiting to happen especially since it was right at the elevator. The silk plant at the elevator had so much dust on it, it should have been an indication of how clean the place was not.
The few good things were the fact the breakfast room appeared very clean, not the best hot breakfast I have had included but okay, the staff seemed nice enough and the room's restroom was recently renovated. Unfortunately, I would not recommend to anyone to stay at this hotel. Even if we had complained and asked to be moved, my feeling was that all the rooms were like this since the halls were worn and the overall feel was yucky. I just wish the kids hadn't fallen asleep so fast, we could have left.
I read where the owners/managers commented to another review this past May 2010, stating that 80% of the rooms were renovated, we stayed in July and besides the restrooms being done, I could not see how any reno's where ever done: I would hate to have stayed before the so called reno's were done. It's to bad as the room size was good and this place has the potential to be great if they could get rid of the musty smell ( run the a/c all the time to eliminate the humidity) get clean bedding, replace the carpets and scrub the place top to bottom-regularly!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Kansas City International Airport Hotel Platte City
- Comfort Inn Kansas City International Airport Hotel
- Comfort Inn Platte City
- Platte City Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2013 GOLD AWARD WINNER. Top 2% Guest Service among all Comfort Inn Properties. Platte City - a quiet yet convenient community between KCI Airport and Fort Leavenworth. PAY LOWER TAXES - our rate is 8% less than hotels with Kanas City address. No Arena Fees. Hi-Speed Wireless Internet. Spacious Rooms w/ Microwave and Refrigerator. Large Indoor Heated Pool - Fitness Center - Hot Tub Conference Room (50-75) The Trophy Room (10-14) The Courtyard (beautiful outdoor meeting space)Park and Fly Package Great Value! We welcome the opportunity to serve you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn KCI - Platte City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.