“Excellent Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North

You added Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Branch St., Near KCI Airport & Fort Leavenworth, Platte City, MO 64079 (Formerly Comfort Inn KCI - Platte City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sedalia, MO
“Excellent Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We had to leave at 4:30 AM to catch a plane. The shuttle driver was ready to go on time and very nice for that early in the morning. The person at the front desk opened up the breakfast area early for us so we could get coffee before we started our journey. She was very kind and thoughtful. Rooms are a good size and very clean. Quiet and comfortable, it is the nicest hotel in its class all around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to ending my travel work week at this Gold Award Comfort Inn. I came away instead feeling disappointed.

My room in the 300 #'s was damp and musty smelling. The A/C was at 62 degrees when I entered the room, I'm sure in an attempt to get ride of the dampness. That wasn't helping and the outside temp and humidity levels were unseasonably low. It reminded me of a time I spent in a cabin on one of the Lake Erie Islands. At least there I could understand the dampness. I sprayed some wrinkle remover in the air to lessen the musty smell. I was unpacked and tired and didn't feel like going through all of the hassle to change rooms.

The room was updated although the window was covered in some sort of white film, yuck. The carpet was newer I think, but one of the wildest patterns I've ever seen in a hotel. Kinda zebra striped, like from a 70's film.

Lastly, there was some sort of mildew on the walls surrounding the upper walls of the shower. Unappealing to say the least.

I expected more from this location, especially as a Gold Award winner for 2013. Not sure how it achieved that status based on my room and experience.

Maybe next time. Not sure I'd try again though...

• Stayed August 2013
Lampasas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here while visiting my son who is stationed at Fort Leavenworth, KS. Great rooms. Good size, clean and comfortable. They did have a musty smell when you first came into the room but once the a/c was adjusted it seemed to get better. Loved that it had a extra sink outside the bathroom so I could get ready while my daughter was taking a shower. We brought in a small bag of donuts from our 12 hour trip and put it on the counter by the fridge and microwave. The next morning there were sugar ants all over the place. Just had to make sure that all food was put up and not leave it out on that cabinet. Very accomidating and made sure we had plenty of towels. Loved the indoor pool and jacuzzi that were heated. Most of the hotels that I have stayed at around this area claim to have heated and as soon as you get to the pool it is "usually broken" or "they have repairmen coming to fix it" so it is usally too cold to swim in it. The breakfast was decent. I wish they would extend the time a little longer as each day we got down there it was time to close up or most of the food was gone. After traveling for 12 hours you don't want to have to get up early and get yourself dressed and ready to go down for breakfast early. I would of much rather slept in til 8am but even getting up at 7am after trying to get 3 people ready, we still didn't get down there in time. The third day we just went out to eat breakfast. I will say we didn't have any big issues but when we were leaving there evidently had been some cars broken into with busted windows so hopefully they have security cameras for the back parking lot which is where we were parked. Definitly will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a very critical person but I know and appreciate perfection! Every aspect of my stay exceeded expectations. Most impressed with the quality, cleanliness of my room and bed!!!

Great, well stocked and tended breakfast room. Clean and good sized indoor pool.

Ive stayed at hotels all over the world, and this one certainly exceeded expectations!

• Stayed August 2013
Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Inn is well kept for an older facility. Even though the room we were in could use some updating, it was spacious and clean. It had a mini-fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker in the room. The front desk staff and breakfast attendant were very friendly, and breakfast was very good! A good stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
Platte City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the best hotel in platte city very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast too! Victor was very helpful after a horrible experience at the best western (do not waste your time and money there)! I would definitely stay here again! Thank you for making our stay in platte city awesome:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pontiac,mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was one of the best I've stayed at in a long time. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. (I think her name was Kelly) The pool was open till 11 and our girls had a blast in there. The breakfast the next morning was awesome. Sausage gravy and biscuits -waffles - fruit-cereal -bagels. Too many things to list everything they had for breakfast. It was super clean everywhere in the hotel. They had a lady in the breakfast area who was constantly refilling things that that was running low. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to be staying near the airport.

We had looked online at reviews of hotels along our trip route since we weren't sure how far we would make it. The two options for us in Platte City was the Comfort Inn and the Super 8. The Super 8 was suppose to be cheaper and for one night we though we could put up with most anything but when we got there didn't have a good feeling and was quoted a higher price and they didn't have queen beds at all. So I called the comfort Inn to see if they had any rooms and the lady on the phone was really nice and told us to come on over. So glad we did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!