“pictures are misleading” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Platte City

You added Travelodge Platte City to your Saves list
Travelodge Platte City
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   504 Prairie View Road, I-29 Exit 19 Prairie View Rd, Platte City, MO 64079   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Omaha, Nebraska
“pictures are misleading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

The hotel is in need of updates. The pictures make it look much nicer than it is so you don't believe you are at the right hotel at first. But our room was clean even though small and worn out. The kids did use the pool but it does not look like the one in the pictures of the hotel.I would not stay here again unless they did some serious updates. The upside was the staff was friendly. Diane

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — appearance
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
KANSAS CITY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

Every negative review on here is true and then some. Truly one of the worst motels on the planet. It should be bulldozed immediately. I arrived with my children and was not about to follow through and actually stay there. Of course the management nor Travel Lodge corporate was going to give me my money back even though I did not make use of the room I put a hold on my credit card and am attempting to get the money back from VISA. I think I have a good chance based on these reviews. Everyone else burned by this place should try that as well.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
central kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

The first room we were placed in was very dirty. There was a small stove with foil in the pans which were black and old burnt grease all over the stove top. There was numerous flies in the room, in a drawer we dumped out what looked like something mice had shelled out, the window was cloudy as if never cleaned and the wall near the bed had black marks all over it. The refrigerator had no handle on it and when we opened it the door to the freezer compartment fell into our hands. The air conditioning unit was propped up with a rock. The room had a musty smell like mold however I saw none. When the manager came over he brought along a can of Raid. When I showed him the stove he said, "A spanish family lived here a long time". I told him it was unacceptable. He did place us in a room which was cleaner but still not real clean. The shower curtain was very dirty and again the walls need cleaning. The air conditioner wasn't propped up but would only work on fan and low cool. There was still temperatures in the 80's. We'd booked for 4 adults however there was only towels for 2. On the second day we went to get more towels and only received enough for 2 again. My family chose to loose the money we'd paid for night 2 and drive home where we'd at least have a clean room. Never again!!!!!!!

• Liked — Within 15 miles of location of why we were here
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kanawha, Ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

After looking at the website we booked a room for our family for 2 nights here. The website pictures are very missleading! We got in late at night and when we opened the door the heat coming out of the room was awful and it was a hot summer day. We called desk and told them so they showed us another room equally as disgusting so we stayed put in our other room! After the air conditioning ran for 3 hrs. straight the room was still not cool. There was a pathetic fan sitting in front of the air conditioner so they obviously knew there was a problem. It was too late to go on elsewhere. It was a disgusting room! Floor was sticky, bathroom was gross, tub had a crack in it that had been patched but was still cracked. Was the most disgusting room I've ever been in. The people at the desk were awful to deal withl They would not budge on cost of room the next morning. Of course, they got our money for 1 night and we were out of there to a wonderful hotel down the road south a couple miles for less money for the 2nd night.

• Liked — closeness to Kansas City
  • Disliked — uncleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carrollton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

I am accustomed to staying at Comfort Inn in Platte City to use their park and fly package. Recently I accidently called Travelodge and reserved their package. I was NOT told of 24 hour cancellation policy, which is far outside local custom. I discovered my mistake when I arrived at Comfort Inn to check in. I and the desk clerk made phone calls to Travelodge asking for a courtesy cancellation. Travelodge was rude and immoveable. I called the national Travelodge organization. They have NO control over their motels; they are privately owned. This is my second bad experience with Travelodges this summer, and I'll not ever stay at another one.

• Disliked — undisclosed 24 hour cancellation policy
  • Tips/Secrets — Travelodges are independent businesses; there is no corporate oversight. Beware.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

Unfortunately we got there too late and our kids were too tired for us to look for alternatives. Dirty carpet, mold on the shower curtain, threadbare towels, badly managed. BEWARE!!

Stayed July 2006
Attica, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

To be honest with you we never got to the room. The lobby was dirty and foul smelling. The pool was extremely cloudy and unsanitary looking (unlike the picture in the advertisement). The desk clerk was rude. We just sucked up the loss and went to another motel.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Travelodge Platte City? Share your experiences!