“Never disappoints.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Benton, Arkansas, United States
“Never disappoints.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Large quantities of things cooked correctly. I ate (or attempted to eat) the largest plate of hog jowls I've ever seen at this place. Drinks are served in very large glasses so you don't have to flag down the waitress frequently for refills. Recommend planning your trip around going here in the afternoon (about 3-4) in order to get in without having to wait a long time.

84% Recommend
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Perfect ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

For what Lambert's appears to have set out to accomplish, I feel that they have executed perfectly. It would be nice if they took debit cards, but that is a minor complaint. I am reviewing my most recent visit at the Ozark location, but I have been to the original site in Sikeston as well.

Lambert's has created a wonderful, fun atmosphere in which to have a meal. Their menu consists of a great variety of home style dishes from meat loaf to chicken gizzards to country fried steak. Really just about anything a southern boy (or any boy) could want. On top of the protein choices and plethora of sides they have what they call pass arounds where servers walk around with different dishes that are all you can eat. They included fried okra (my favorite), black eyed peas, macaroni and tomatoes, fried potatoes, and they are of course the home of the throwed rolls. Be careful because they're hot!

I really love this place. The food is delicious. The servers are friendly, and it's just a fun, satisfying time all around. I wish I could visit more often.

Salina, Kansas
“Ice storm stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Been by many times over the years on way to Branson, always thought we would stop but never did. Family and friends that have been there implored me to try, faced with a winter blast and sleet and hungry enough to eat most anything, pulled off highway to deice anyhow and not busy at all, broke down and tried. Due to terrible weather we didn't have to wait in their infamous line to get in, very much a plus. Enjoyed the country style décor, friendly service and the hot thrown rolls to start you off. Loved the rolls! Meal was really good comfort food and the free side dish refills unique and much appreciated, and keep those rolls a fly'n! Had plenty to doggie bag, worked out great because we were pretty much ice/snowed in once we checked in at Branson. Probable will not drive by again when hungry, worth lines?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holts Summit, Missouri
“Not only a meal, but an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food is plentiful and the service is second to none! I have ate here when it was packed and when only a few patrons. I have to say, the more the people the better the experience. If you walk out of there hungry, it will be your own fault! You can almost make a meal on the "free" side dishes they walk around with. Excellent service, but you could experience a short wait time during peak hours and days.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Home Grown Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

"Home of the Throwed Rolls" lived up to all the hype I had heard. Delicious comfort food, large portions and, of course, yummy "throwed rolls" - It was worth the hour wait. We stopped on our way home from a weekend in Branson and had lunch. All of our meals were hot and fresh (and enough to feed at least two people). Try the Hog Jowls or "super bacon", as my son called them. They are a real treat. I can't wait to go again!

They don't take credit cards, so be sure to bring cash. (They do have an ATM)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Lambert's II? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lambert's II, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.