“I won't be back” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 61 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: Japanese
“I won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The food is horrid. I love sushi, but what they serve here shouldn't even be considered sushi, it was so rubbery. Also, all the poor reviews concerning the service are very correct. If you want genuine, friendly, attentive service don't waste your time here.

“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

bad service. waiter was very rude and did not seem to care about us at all. i was very annoyed at how he acted like we were a big inconvenience to him. i guess he did not want a tip!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ozark, Missouri
“The rudest service I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My pregnant wife, my brother, his pregnant girlfriend and I just went by Ozmo today and what happened blew my mind and solidified my decision to NEVER eat at this restaurant again.

I like supporting local businesses and this one is just a few blocks from my house. We pulled into the parking lot at 4:20pm today and they have a sign on their door saying they are open at 4:30 on Saturdays. I drove around the side of the building and my wife pointed out that there was a bright neon Open sign illuminated in the window.

So we said to ourselves, "Oh great, they are probably seating people for dinner a few minutes early." We decide to check the front door and, sure enough, it is unlocked. We were greeted by a young man who I will describe for the purpose of this review since he wisely didn't give us his name. He was fairly short with a slender frame. He had dark hair, an olive complexion and a little diamond earring in his ear.

When I say he greeted us I mean to say he told us to sit wherever we wanted. So we did.

I noticed a sandwich board on the way in that talked about happy hour at 4:30 and how they had half priced egg-rolls. When we sat down we waited and he was by at about 4:25 to take our drink orders. I asked him if it was happy hour and he grumpily snapped back "We aren't open yet."

I was very polite, nice, and apologetic and told him that we'd be happy to wait until 4:30 and he need not trouble himself taking our orders. To which he replied that he would go ahead and take our orders anyway.

He then turned tail and walked off while I was still mid-sentence trying to apologize to him, deliberately ignoring me and being rude.

He brought our drinks out at around 4:28 and didn't say a word. I looked him in the eyes and said something to the effect of "Thank you so very much."

He looked at me and rolled his eyes then walked away without saying another word.

I went from embarrassed and sheepish to enraged in less than a second. We threw four dollars down on the table to cover the $1.99 drink we ordered and left the restaurant.

I will never eat here again. If he had told us they were closed when we walked in we would have either left or waited in our cars. If he had told us he would seat us and then serve us at 4:30 I would have waited patiently.

I am a nice guy. I tip well. I appreciate people who provide services to me. I wish he hadn't acted the way he did. This is the third bad experience with Ozmo I've had in the last year. The past two I forgave since they were not really anyone's fault. (Bad smelling / tasting water and a mixed up order)

This one was unforgivable. You should never treat another human being the way this young man treated us. To top it off my wife is 7 weeks from her due date and the other lady with us is one day past hers.

Disgraceful. I expect they will be out of business soon with service like this.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Indifferent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food here is pretty good. They have a nice variety between fried and grilled options. Booth and tables seating. The service is lacking. When they finally take your order and bring it to you, that's it. If you want a beverage refill or need to have a correction done on your food, too bad. The next time the server stops by is to hand you the check. Maybe if the resturant had been busy I would have understood? But it was a slow night for them when we were there. I think the service was why! At least we got to eat our food in peace!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Dimas, Ca
“Pretty deco, food okay, nice service BUT S-L-O-W!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Just ate here for the first time and I was disappointed!!! My server was very nice, but not at all attentive to our table. We waited nearly 20 minutes before the waiter came to take our order. I noticed that customers that were seated after us were served before us, which is careless on the staffs part. Anyway, the spring rolls were great. I ordered the sweet and sour chicken and it was just okay. We were just getting our food when customers that were seated after us were leaving!! That's bad! We also waited a long while to get our check. I wasn't in a hurry but just didn't like feeling overlooked. The deco is very nice but the tableware was cheap plastic stuff that didn't complament the deco. Anyway not a place I would go for on a special occasion, but this day it was our anniversary. Will look for a better restaurant next time.

• Visited July 2013